Allen Craig on DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Allen Craig on DL

Question, already ? How come Ben or Larry did not ask for medicals on the player ? It looks to me like the Cardinals knew what they were doing and dealt damaged goods to the Red Sox. I guess it's let the buyer beware and we now know why he was available and why the St. Louis Cardinals were so eager to deal him. I also heard Kelly is hurt as well. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Allen Craig on DL

Sorry I was writing this and JBay posted while I was writing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Question, already ? How come Ben or Larry did not ask for medicals on the player ? It looks to me like the Cardinals knew what they were doing and dealt damaged goods to the Red Sox. I guess it's let the buyer beware and we now know why he was available and why the St. Louis Cardinals were so eager to deal him. I also heard Kelly is hurt as well. 

[/QUOTE]

I blame Ben for this; he was on the phone with the CARDS when Larry wasn't looking. The SOX are probably the laughing stock of baseball right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I blame Ben for this; he was on the phone with the CARDS when Larry wasn't looking. The SOX are probably the laughing stock of baseball right now.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Cherrington is anything more than a coffee boy and That Luchinno is making all the decisions on personnel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What an idiotic post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, the options in examining possible thinking basically go: 1. buy into the buffoony cartoon and believe that the Sox didn't do any medical due dilligence on a guy who has been playing hurt since last autumn, or 2. assume they did what every other organization would do, studied the medical information on Craig, and concluded that the current health issues are short-term and the reason a guy of Craig's calibre is even available.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, the options in examining possible thinking basically go: 1. buy into the buffoony cartoon and believe that the Sox didn't do any medical due dilligence on a guy who has been playing hurt since last autumn, or 2. assume they did what every other organization would do, studied the medical information on Craig, and concluded that the current health issues are short-term and the reason a guy of Craig's calibre is even available.

[/QUOTE]

i'm not certain about this - the fact that they played him and then he could barely function suggests someone was sleeping at the switch...he was def damaged goods...hopefully it will be just short term

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Cherrington is anything more than a coffee boy and That Luchinno is making all the decisions on personnel.

[/QUOTE]

Why?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What an idiotic post

[/QUOTE]

What an idiotic response.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with these apologetic posters who defend the FO. These slugs think cow pies taste good because they come from a cow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Hopefully it's nothing long term and the reason why he wasn't producing. If I were the Red Sox, I'd think about shutting him down so that he's ready for 2015. That is why they traded for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully it's nothing long term and the reason why he wasn't producing. If I were the Red Sox, I'd think about shutting him down so that he's ready for 2015. That is why they traded for him.

[/QUOTE]

The season is over from a PS standpoint so lets get Craig and Shane healthy if possible.  Both are better than any OF'r we presently have from an experience perspective and both proven hitters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Better than Cespedes ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya might as well give him as much time as he needs to get back to 100% and in the mean time, start betts in RF or CF depending on where he feels more comfortable for the rest of the season. Have an open competition to see who will be our CF next year. No point in starting nava, he’s a bench player, nothing more. He should not be a starter and should never have been in the first place. Starting nava and benching betts is down right moronic. Why was mookie called up if he is just going to ride the pine? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilMick. Show LilMick's posts

Cherington is not my favorite GM. Initially I was excited to get Cespedes - he has a cannon for an arm and he won the home run derby - but to maximize Fenway Park-playing outfielder's ability they need to play RF (thing Dwight Evans and his impact). Two things wrong with this trade: Why make a major leaguer trade positions and why didn't they get that soon-to-be-stud Millone (LHP) in the trade?

Similar feelings with the St. Louis trade. Oh, Craig's injured? Big surprise. I mean Lackey was going to make only 500K. You are smart enough to put that in the contract but not smart enough to take advantage of it? Geez!

And another thing, AJ contributes to lead St. Louis to victory. I didn't see that coming. Sizemore not sucking in Philly? Interesting! Cherington's big brain is getting in his way of running this team effectively.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to LilMick's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cherington is not my favorite GM. Initially I was excited to get Cespedes - he has a cannon for an arm and he won the home run derby - but to maximize Fenway Park-playing outfielder's ability they need to play RF (thing Dwight Evans and his impact). Two things wrong with this trade: Why make a major leaguer trade positions and why didn't they get that soon-to-be-stud Millone (LHP) in the trade?

Similar feelings with the St. Louis trade. Oh, Craig's injured? Big surprise. I mean Lackey was going to make only 500K. You are smart enough to put that in the contract but not smart enough to take advantage of it? Geez!

And another thing, AJ contributes to lead St. Louis to victory. I didn't see that coming. Sizemore not sucking in Philly? Interesting! Cherington's big brain is getting in his way of running this team effectively.

[/QUOTE]

Repeat after me: "Lucchino runs this team, Ben is an intern and coffee maker."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I watched The Tuesday game on ExtraInnings, and most of the Wednesday, as well. (Getting the St. Louis station). Garagiola and his partner both thought the Sox got a steal in that Craig never did get the foot properly and totally healed. They both said he should go on the DL, and that once that was taken care of, Craig woiuld, again, be am all-star type player. I belikeve the Sox knew all this going in, and that the Kelly acquisition was well worth it even not considering Craig.