Almost everything out there is medicore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Almost everything out there is medicore

Why should the Sox use chips such as Renauldo, middebrooks and maybe even Reddick for some of the medicore talent that is out there.  I an very skepitical of Ulbaldo Jeminez, why all of sudden does colorado want to trade this guy when they wasted so much money trying to obtain pitching in the past.  Beltran is well past his prime and is not worth more than two or three mid level prospects.  If I am going to trade my top prospects it will be for a young RH outfielder such as Upton.  I would only make a trade for someone who will impact us now but well into the future.  Middlebrooks is well worth the gamble to devlope, how many hard hitting corner infielder's are there out there, not very many.  This can and will win now and for a long time if we stay the course.  There is just to much junk out there to blow the future on.  This team will win as is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Almost everything out there is medicore

Im starting to see that. Teams are way overvaluing their players..Jiminez worries me too and Beltran for 2 months and no comensation requires a couple top prospects?? really?? Not in my world..The Sox are just fine withoiut giving the farm up like Merloni wants to do for Beltran..Just not smart..Does he think this one guy will be the deciding factor for us to win another WS? There are 2nd and 3rd teir guys out there that would be fine in a bench role here..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

How very true. The available players are mostly mediocre. I can't see giving up top prospects for Jiminez. No point in making a trade unless it can truly improve the team. Let's stick with what we have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Almost everything out there is medicore:
    [QUOTE]How very true. The available players are mostly mediocre. I can't see giving up top prospects for Jiminez. No point in making a trade unless it can truly improve the team. Let's stick with what we have.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

If the Sox really want to win it all our best bet is to have Clay, Josh and Jon healthy.  If we suspect Clay will be out lets try to grab another starter so we don't need to rely on Lackey as a PS starter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

They are all overvalued because many posters always think that the grass is greener on the other side. They are of the fantasy baseball mentality where they must be dealt new cards or players in order to be competitive. They can't be content with the cards that have been dealt or the team as is. It also adds fuel to a forum where they can identify deadwood and burn it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

All the names being bandered abt as being available are a product of misinformation and hype by teams out-of-contention, agents, fantasy baseball afficionados, clueless media hacks who have to write or report based on rumors, innuendos and half-truths. Agon cost the Sox Rizzo, Kelly and Fuentes, Agon was well worth 3 prime prospects. King Felix and Jiminez aren't going anywhere and the big wood available
    aren't worth anything near what the Sox gave up for Agon. The Sox need another SP, they have the best O in baseball.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I wouldn't mind getting Matt Garza, as he proved himself capable in the AL East. I also like Hiroki Kuroda, but the Dodgers are a mess, so I'm not sure working with them is the best idea. Really, out of the pitchers that are reportedly available, I like Garza the best. I doubt though that the Cubs would trade him for anything but a ton of top prospects. Aramis Ramirez is aging (he's on a torrid run right now offensively, but he has also terrible droughts), and they'll need to replace Garza. So, they'd at least ask for at least Middlebrooks and a top pitching prospect, but I think it would take even more than that, such as Reddick or even more, such as Weiland included.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

We could hit pay-dirt with Garza this year..
    But I don't think a long-term, costly commitment to him is wise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Almost everything out there is medicore:
    [QUOTE]How very true. The available players are mostly mediocre. I can't see giving up top prospects for Jiminez. No point in making a trade unless it can truly improve the team. Let's stick with what we have.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Make improvements that help NOW and in the next couple of seasons.  Few do that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

We can't blame other teams for asking too much for their players.  It is all business.

If I was the GM of the Cubs or Rockies and I am a seller at the July 31st deadline, then I will try and get as much as I can for my players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Plenty of good players out there--they are just not available for a reasonable price (including players). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Jiminez = Overrated.  I wouldn't touch the guy.