Am I the only one liking next years lineup??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Am I the only one liking next years lineup??

I know I know.....pitching stinks right now...  and forgive me for being optimistic but:

Holt - 3b

Vic - CF

Pedey - 2B

Ortiz - DH

Cespedes - LF

Napoli - 1B

Craig - RF

Bogey - SS

Vazquez - C

Looks pretty darn good to me and a heck of a lot better than this year.  Gives some flexibility too with JBJ coming in once the inevitable injury to Vic happens.  Plus we have a TON of pieces to make a trade for a starter or two.  Don't forget that we still have, Betts, Owens, Renauldo, etc as insurance or HUGE trade bait...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Re: Am I the only one liking next years lineup??

that lineup could qualify for the "iron glove "award as the worst defense in the majors

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Count  DAD & BILL-806 in........  Victorino is on the bubble with a question mark on  OLE NAPOLI !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to iamme17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

that lineup could qualify for the "iron glove "award as the worst defense in the majors

[/QUOTE]

Can't really disagree with that.  That's just the way it seems like RIGHT NOW.  Changes could happen. Personally I would prefer that JBJ starts in CF and Vic is traded so Craig can stay in RF.  Having Naps, Ortiz, Craig and Vic can be an issue with AB's but these things seem to work themselves out.  I would LOVE for the Sox to get a real lead off hitter too.  Holt is crashing back to earth and he is not a defensive wiz.  Think the kid is great....but I think he's more of a 'super sub' type then a full time player.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to iamme17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or Craig can platoon playing 1b/RF/DH/LF with Napoli and Victorino, Cepedes, and Papi

Victorino stays in RF while Bradley stays in CF.  Victorino still will not stay healthy in all year along.  That is why Bradley will stay in CF and bat last

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Victorino is a big question mark.  The guy is just too fragile to play much at all, especially center field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I know.....pitching stinks right now...  and forgive me for being optimistic but:

Holt - 3b

Vic - CF

Pedey - 2B

Ortiz - DH

Cespedes - LF

Napoli - 1B

Craig - RF

Bogey - SS

Vazquez - C

Looks pretty darn good to me and a heck of a lot better than this year.  Gives some flexibility too with JBJ coming in once the inevitable injury to Vic happens.  Plus we have a TON of pieces to make a trade for a starter or two.  Don't forget that we still have, Betts, Owens, Renauldo, etc as insurance or HUGE trade bait...

[/QUOTE]

I need a few drinks. Make them triples. I have no idea what the Red Sox are doing. Sounds like today moves were quick fixes and young players like Betts will be left out. Clay as the #1 SP now. Total mess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think we have to get rid of vic or hope he retires. craigs bat is much better suited for RF and vic can’t seem to stay healthy. That being said, we could play craig at 3rd with drew gone now and xander moving back to ss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Craig in RF at fenway will make Manny look like a gold glover.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If that's next years lineup then isn't that what we should see going forward this year???

Or is this the lineup you WANT to see.

I'd bet any sum of money with any poster on here willing....that Holt will not be the opening day 3Bman

and barring an injury to JBJ Victorino will NOT be the starting day CFer next year.

any takers???????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Maybe they see Betts as a guy who can play SS or 3B? I assume they're still hoping with Middlebrooks as well. I'd rather see them keep JBJ in CF and move Victorino. And if Craig and Cespedes are your starting corner guys, then Cespedes needs to be the one in RF and Craig in LF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

An outfield of Cespedes/JBJ/Victorino may be the best defensive outfield in baseball.

And if Victorino stays healthy and JBJ continues makes progress at the plate (as he has the last 2 months) I think the offense will be MUCH better as well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

3B - Holt

2B - Pedroia

LF - Cespedes

DH - Ortiz

1B - Napoli

SS - Xander

RF - Craig

C - Vazquez

CF - Bradley, Jr. 

That's not terrible. I would like to see Holt and Victorino on the bench. If Shane can't be moved I don't want to eat any $ so have him as a 4th OFer which is fine with Holt and 3 starters making rookie $. Ross for 1 more year with Naverro also on the bench.

This means we need a new third baseman, trade Middlebrooks, or shortstop and one of them would have to leadoff unless we move Dusty or Xander there. 

If only this team could get Tulo and his insane OBP #'s hitting 2nd or 3rd and convince Dusty to bring his career .367 OBP to the leadoff spot. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

An outfield of Cespedes/JBJ/Victorino may be the best defensive outfield in baseball.

And if Victorino stays healthy and JBJ continues makes progress at the plate (as he has the last 2 months) I think the offense will be MUCH better as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for agreeing with me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  They better be great bc they are gonna be running a lot.