Am I the only one who.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Am I the only one who.....

believes many of the writers for the Globe get their ideas for columns from this forum. Seems if there is a discussion here that is good that within a week a writer has a column on it???????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Am I the only one who.....

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

believes many of the writers for the Globe get their ideas for columns from this forum. Seems if there is a discussion here that is good that within a week a writer has a column on it???????

Never noticed one way or another, but good writers will find story ideas from numerous sources. To me, that would make a good reporter. Keep your eyes open to many sources to find ideas.

Let's face it. For the reporters, the season started in early February when pitchers and catchers reports. After nearly eight months, I'm sure they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for story angles on this season -- at least until the playoffs start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Jim, I have to admit that there was a discussion board last week comparing the 2013 Sox to the 1967 team, which I contributed to...

...Sunday's globe had an article by Dan Shaunessey on a very similar if not the same discussion. Actually I noticed some of my comments were made by Dan as well, which I would have expected if a professional was writing the story.

I hope we give them food for thought and ideas for stories.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Maybe Peter Abraham will us Leonard Cohen's "Closing Time" as his Song of the Day when Uehara saves an important game---but, I doubt it!

Some of these guys could use a LOT of help. (As could the Globe people who do the hiring!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Why else would they keep this lame forum going?

Shaunessey hasn't had an original idea in years. Of course he taking ideas from here. I caught it too with his 67 comaparison article.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

"if we ever see the term "mental midget" in an article then we know they are watching us..

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

John Henry, current owner of this site, is pike. Why will no one believe me?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Is Bobby V Softy !! Anything is possible. 

Hetch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

There are only so many angles.  67 Sox and 13 Sox is an easy, if not very deep, one:  no expectations, new manager, good chemistry.  The beat writers might be cribbing from our esteemed board.  But, more likely, they are just coming to the same conclusions because there are only so many conclusions to draw.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I kind of got that same impression. It is possible that they are getting some ideas from here.

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Is Bobby V Softy !! Anything is possible. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

Now it all makes sense.....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

There are only so many angles.  67 Sox and 13 Sox is an easy, if not very deep, one:  no expectations, new manager, good chemistry.  The beat writers might be cribbing from our esteemed board.  But, more likely, they are just coming to the same conclusions because there are only so many conclusions to draw.

Probably the more likely scenario. They call it "Low Entropy". 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

You only wish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think the Globe sportswriters are ahead of us most of the time because they have so much more inside knowledge, but they would be smart to check this site on a regular basis. 

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts