An Analysis on OFs that Sox may be interested in

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: An Analysis on OFs that Sox may be interested in

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20121008-re-signing-ross-would-be-a-good-start-to-solving-corner-outfield-woes.ece

[/QUOTE]

I think JoeB brought up Tori Hunter's name a while ago.

He'd make a good, short term outfield option.

I'd take Victorino too.

If another team doesn't give him the deal he wants, give him a one or two year deal to boost his stats, like Beltre did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hamilton is the only one who would really make a difference. There are obviously many reservations about signing him.  The others all have drawbacks , as well.  Not the best of situations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Watch out for the Yankees sitting on the sidelines and when everyone else is done come in and pick  up Hamilton. He  becomes the new high profile basher in the Bronx; they won't be able to resist. If Swisher goes and they don't resign Ichiro--you probably have $20 M to pay the new "Babe."

Granderson in LF, Gardner in CF and Hamilton in RF.

An infield of ARod, Jeter, Cano and Tex.

Martin behind the plate. DH--Ibanez, Chavez and Andru

Pretty formidable. Oh well...let's hope Ham--stays out west or goes to the NL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Kalish was not 100 percent all last year.

I still have hope he can be a .280 15 homer 20 steals guy that plays good D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from doofus54. Show doofus54's posts

Let the Yankmees have Hamilton.  Get Swisher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still think that is possible too.  But at this point he has to come out and make a statement in spring training.  I do have hopes for him, but it's getting very close to make or break. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still think that is possible too.  But at this point he has to come out and make a statement in spring training.  I do have hopes for him, but it's getting very close to make or break. 

[/QUOTE]

Yup, he has to stay healthy and come out of ST hot.

It's been 2 seasons without being able to play over 70 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I would be very happy if the Yankees signed Hamilton to a contract along the lines of 8 years / 200m.  Might be ok for a few years, then an albatross for many more.  See ARod.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would be very happy if the Yankees signed Hamilton to a contract along the lines of 8 years / 200m.  Might be ok for a few years, then an albatross for many more.  See ARod.

[/QUOTE]

While true, the Yanks seem to be able to absorb a couple albatrosses and keep on winning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like kalish as well and think he has the potential to do what is projected above or even better, but we can not count on him until he proves he can stay healthy and produce at the ML level for more than a month or so. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Ross - LF,    B.J. Upton - CF,    Justin Upton - RF.

Trade Ells for pitching or prospects to send to Dbacks(along with more, of course) for Justin.

B.J. being a FA...  offer him 5/80(16m per). 

Cody deserves 4/40 to resign.

Pitching just needs minor tweaking IMOP...  Lester, Buch just had sub-par seasons'. 

Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Doubront, De la Rosa/Tazawa for starting 5.

Lineup of......

Pedie, Justin, B.J., Papi, Cody, Middlebrooks, Salty, Mauro G., Iggy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ross - LF,    B.J. Upton - CF,    Justin Upton - RF.

Trade Ells for pitching or prospects to send to Dbacks(along with more, of course) for Justin.

B.J. being a FA...  offer him 5/80(16m per). 

Cody deserves 4/40 to resign.

Pitching just needs minor tweaking IMOP...  Lester, Buch just had sub-par seasons'. 

Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Doubront, De la Rosa/Tazawa for starting 5.

Lineup of......

Pedie, Justin, B.J., Papi, Cody, Middlebrooks, Salty, Mauro G., Iggy.

[/QUOTE]

As much as I like Ross, I'm not sure I'd sign him until he's 36.

And both Uptons on the same team?? Yikes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Both Uptons are overrated.

No to Hunter.

No to Victorino

"For the right price" for Swisher.  I'd say a three-year, $25 million deal?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watch out for the Yankees sitting on the sidelines and when everyone else is done come in and pick  up Hamilton. He  becomes the new high profile basher in the Bronx; they won't be able to resist. If Swisher goes and they don't resign Ichiro--you probably have $20 M to pay the new "Babe."

[/QUOTE]

I dont believe that the Yankees can field this team listed and stay under the desired figure of $189m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]

That does look almost too good for Cashman to resist!!

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont believe that the Yankees can field this team listed and stay under the desired figure of $189m

[/QUOTE]

A team like the Blue Jays or Royals will make the playoffs before the Yankee's payroll go under $189 million.   LOL

I bet Cashman gave some of the Yankee's payroll money to that British female stalker of his (I know,....it's a bad joke).    :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yanks need to re-up Cano, Ichiro, Karoda, Swisher & Martin.  No way do they snag Hamilton and still stay under $200m. 

But in a way,  I wish they would.  Be nice seeing them stuck with Jetes, ARod & Hammy a couple/three years down the line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I think Ross on a 3-year with mutual 4th year option makes sense.  Also think the Sox should give him a 1B mitt in ST.

Hunter on a 2-year deal makes real sense to me (while Sox wait for Brentz).  Trading Ellsbury during this off-season makes sense only for a top-notch starter AND if the Sox are confident Bradley, Jr is ready (I personally think he is).  Ross/Kalish, Ellsbury (or Bradley), and Hunter looks pretty good to me.  I would also look to sign Podsednik cheap as a #5, especially if Ross is going to be used as part of a 1B mix.  I would stay away from trading for help..any trade chips the Sox have shoud be used for pitching help, IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yanks need to re-up Cano, Ichiro, Karoda, Swisher & Martin.  No way do they snag Hamilton and still stay under $200m. 

But in a way,  I wish they would.  Be nice seeing them stuck with Jetes, ARod & Hammy a couple/three years down the line.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Yankees aren't taking on another 20 million per year position player as the luxury tax penalties are very real after next year and they have to address Cano, who isn't going anywhere. It might even be difficult for them to sign Granderson after next season.   Ichiro has been a great fit and he likes it there, so I'd be really surprised if they don't resign him.  He won't cost them nearly what Hamilton would. 

Hamilton's contract situation is very difficult to figure out and a lot of the big market teams such as the Dodgers, Red Sox, Yankees and Angels likely won't have much interest. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty formidable?

Arod 5 more yrs @ 30 mil and slide has already begun. Jeter will eventually play to his age, but have to admit admire the hell out of the guy. Martin batted what this year? Ibanez, Chavez, and Andrew Jones for what oldtimers day at the stadium. Then you want to add a guy who's not allowed to carry cash in his pockets because of addiction problems and put him in NYC? Lets hope your right.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Yanks won the division with that wretched group you list.  Adding Hamilton would only make a strog linep stronger.  Not going to say it happens, but I think it is wishful thinking to pretend the Yankees' lineup is weak and Hamilton would hurt it.

As for them having trouble 2-3 years down the line if they sign him, well I've been waiting for several years now for those long contracts to haunt them.  The Yanks find a way to fill the holes and fix problems.  I don't see that reckoning day ever coming to the Bronx, frankly...not while Cashman has the reigns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks won the division with that wretched group you list.  Adding Hamilton would only make a strog linep stronger.  Not going to say it happens, but I think it is wishful thinking to pretend the Yankees' lineup is weak and Hamilton would hurt it.

As for them having trouble 2-3 years down the line if they sign him, well I've been waiting for several years now for those long contracts to haunt them.  The Yanks find a way to fill the holes and fix problems.  I don't see that reckoning day ever coming to the Bronx, frankly...not while Cashman has the reigns.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Hamilton would certainly help any line-up, but the Yankees aren't in a position to add another 20 plus million position player, especially with Cano needing to be extended after this year and their clear intent on being under the luxury tax.  Believe it or not, even the Yankees have their limitations.  The rumors are that they have no interest at all and it makes all the sense in the world financially as well as the fact that he has some pretty serious baggage. I don't think the City of New York would be a good place for Josh Hamilton...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts