An encouraging game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

An encouraging game

I started a thread, The Danger, about the possibility of losing 6 games on this road trip, including all three in Philly, and am delighted to say I was wrong.   Now I'm hoping the Sox can take all three in Houston this weekend and finish 5-4. 

More than that, you gotta love it when Lester pitches so great and the lineup produces despite no Youk, no Ortiz, no Crawford, and no hits from AGon.  Plus Lackey last night and Miller's last start.  Hopefully, Beckett's problems yesterday were just a glitch caused by the almost two weeks between starts plus fighting a flu bug. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: An encouraging game

In Response to An encouraging game:
    [QUOTE]I started a thread, The Danger, about the possibility of losing 6 games on this road trip, including all three in Philly, and am delighted to say I was wrong.   Now I'm hoping the Sox can take all three in Houston this weekend and finish 5-4.  More than that, you gotta love it when Lester pitches so great and the lineup produces despite no Youk, no Ortiz, no Crawford, and no hits from AGon.  Plus Lackey last night and Miller's last start.  Hopefully, Beckett's problems yesterday were just a glitch caused by the almost two weeks between starts plus fighting a flu bug. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I think we've got the beginning of a song here.

http://youtu.be/RRNTQvXSsfA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

LOL...yeah, real encouraging. The lineup scored their runs off of two guys who have ERA's of 4+ and 9+ and WHIPs of 1.5+ and 2.2+. Great job!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to An encouraging game:
    [QUOTE]I started a thread, The Danger, about the possibility of losing 6 games on this road trip, including all three in Philly, and am delighted to say I was wrong.   Now I'm hoping the Sox can take all three in Houston this weekend and finish 5-4.  More than that, you gotta love it when Lester pitches so great and the lineup produces despite no Youk, no Ortiz, no Crawford, and no hits from AGon.  Plus Lackey last night and Miller's last start.  Hopefully, Beckett's problems yesterday were just a glitch caused by the almost two weeks between starts plus fighting a flu bug. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

We caught a lucky break when Cole went down  Hopefully we can finish this nite mare of a road trip on a good note.

Congrats to Theo for the Cam move, along with Jason, Ells, Josh and especially Lester today.  Jason is doing the best he can to help now its up to Drew and McD to wake up, otherwise they could be next.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: An encouraging game:
    [QUOTE]LOL...yeah, real encouraging. The lineup scored their runs off of two guys who have ERA's of 4+ and 9+ and WHIPs of 1.5+ and 2.2+. Great job!!
    Posted by The--Babe[/QUOTE]
    Hey, we have to take our wins where we get them. We only get to play you guys 18 times.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Anyone want to start a positive Francona thread?

I don't get it, they play badly, it's all his fault.

They play well, he has nothing to do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone want to start a positive Francona thread? I don't get it, they play badly, it's all his fault. They play well, he has nothing to do with it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
     Seems like you get it perfectly Zill.  That is indeed how it is around here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone want to start a positive Francona thread? I don't get it, they play badly, it's all his fault. They play well, he has nothing to do with it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Some posters here could start a positive Francona thread.They're positive the Sox won in spite of Francona.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

After the game Abraham noted that Pedroia has batted cleanup five times and hit homers in three of the games--to which Pedroia said, "don't tell me, tell the manager, man."  So Abraham did and got this response:  "Pedroia is small in stature but not in his opinion of himself."  Perfect.  This was an encouraging game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

UR projection came close, MAX.
    Taking two of three or a sweep in Houston means 4-5/5-4 ... which can be defined as "holding their own".

Sections
Shortcuts