An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner

Dear Eric,
    Welcome to Red Sox Nation. We look forward to your participation in this drive toward a championship. All we ask is your best effort. And don't worry if you hear some  boos; some of the greats like Williams and Yaz went through that. It doesn't matter. And don't worry about the press. Some of them are trying to poison the well already. Just ignore them; we do. Individuals like Abraham, Cafardo, Shaughnessy, Massarotti, and Herald writers Callahan,and  Tomase are not worth the aggravation. See, we're knowledgeable baseball fans and truly appreciate a solid performance on the field. How you treat the press or your body language during the game is of no consequence to us.
    So once again welcome to the greatest sports town in the US. And enjoy your stay.
    Sincerely,
    Red Sox: On the front burner members

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner

I support the idea behind your post.  But what you say is almost laughable, considering all the criticism Drew and Lackey receive from said "knowledgeable baseball fans" precisely due to their "body language during the game."  Ironically enough, since they are polar opposites in that regard as well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner

In Response to An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner:
    [QUOTE]Dear Eric, Welcome to Red Sox Nation. We look forward to your participation in this drive toward a championship. All we ask is your best effort. And don't worry if you hear some  boos; some of the greats like Williams and Yaz went through that. It doesn't matter. And don't worry about the press. Some of them are trying to poison the well already. Just ignore them; we do. Individuals like Abraham, Cafardo,  Shaughnessy, Massarotti, and Herald writers Callahan,and  Tomase are not worth the aggravation. See, we're knowledgeable baseball fans and truly appreciate a solid performance on the field. How you treat the press or your body language during the game is of no consequence to us. So once again welcome to the greatest sports town in the US. And enjoy your stay. Sincerely, Red Sox: On the front burner members

Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the greatest sports town in the US? He's traded to boston, not NYC. And he surely will have a hard time finding knowledgeable fans in beantowne.

Hey bedard.... look out for the pink hats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner:
    [QUOTE]I support the idea behind your post.  But what you say is almost laughable, considering all the criticism Drew and Lackey receive from said "knowledgeable baseball fans" precisely due to their "body language during the game."  Ironically enough, since they are polar opposites in that regard as well.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

OUCH, darn the truth hurts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe--------. Show -TheBabe--------'s posts

In Response to An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner:
    [QUOTE]Dear Eric, Welcome to Red Sox Nation. We look forward to your participation in this drive toward a championship. All we ask is your best effort. And don't worry if you hear some  boos; some of the greats like Williams and Yaz went through that. It doesn't matter. And don't worry about the press. Some of them are trying to poison the well already. Just ignore them; we do. Individuals like Abraham, Cafardo,  Shaughnessy, Massarotti, and Herald writers Callahan,and  Tomase are not worth the aggravation. See, we're knowledgeable baseball fans and truly appreciate a solid performance on the field. How you treat the press or your body language during the game is of no consequence to us. So once again welcome to the greatest sports town in the US. And enjoy your stay. Sincerely, Red Sox: On the front burner members
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Greatest sports town in the US? He was traded to beantowne, not NYC. 

And he's gonna have a hard time finding a knowledgeable sports fan amongst the red flops nation......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Eric,

Do your best, and understand that Wakefield will always be more popular than you. You are a really good pitcher when you are healthy enought to pitch, and Wakefield is no good, but don't let it bother you as there are Red Sox fans who appreciate you more than Wakefield.

Sincerely,

Softlaw

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

IF NYC is such a better sports town than Boston, then how come all the NY fans come here to get their sports fix when talking sports...

Welcome to Boston Bedard, you'll do fine.....as long as you stay healthy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

who says that nyc is a better sports town

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

if you take all the teams in ny and all the teams in boston and add up the championships you will see who is the better sports town......boston by a landslide.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe--------. Show -TheBabe--------'s posts

In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner:
    [QUOTE]IF NYC is such a better sports town than Boston, then how come all the NY fans come here to get their sports fix when talking sports...
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Because the red flops nation are more amusing......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

babe is lost, can't find  his way back home........let me help you out. 

www.yankees.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I'm new here but from what I've read here this a a tough place for many Red Sox players. The criticisms here might indeed trump those of the Boston media. Many are merciless to Crawford, Lackey, and Drew. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner : Because the red flops nation are more amusing......
    Posted by -TheBabe--------[/QUOTE]

it's ok, your secrete is safe with us....we know you secretly love the red sox. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe--------. Show -TheBabe--------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner : it's ok, your secrete is safe with us....we know you secretly love the red sox. 

Yeah, that and a dollar will get you a Lotto ticket.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

NESN just showed a ten minute interview with Heidi and Bedard. Bedard was very open, polite, and responsive to all questions. I think that he was also quite enamoured by Heidi also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]IF NYC is such a better sports town than Boston, then how come all the NY fans come here to get their sports fix when talking sports... Welcome to Boston Bedard, you'll do fine.....as long as you stay healthy

Well, I'd say that's pretty much the finishing touch. Touche'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner : Because the red flops nation are more amusing......

Nice but clumsy comeback Babe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner : Yeah, that and a dollar will get you a Lotto ticket.

You have the dumbest comebacks on the forum babe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

NYC the best sports town? Uh, let's see,Celtics or Knicks? I wonder which one I shall take? Patriots vs. Jets? I wonder which one I shall take (the New Jersey Giants don't get NYC recognition, and the Jets really are a joke, just ask, well, anyone who watches football and is not a Jets fan)? The Rangers and Devils have good history, but the Bruins have the edge recently. So, on at least two fronts, NYC is the lesser of the two sports towns and really have Boston beaten, maybe, on one front. I say that because there are plenty of NYC residents who HATE the Yankees as Mets fans. So, solidarity is out the window there, unlike in Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]IF NYC is such a better sports town than Boston, then how come all the NY fans come here to get their sports fix when talking sports... Welcome to Boston Bedard, you'll do fine.....as long as you stay healthy

LOL. Nice, and so true. There may be Boston fans who post on NY boards, but they certainly don't spend all their time there like some Yankee fans here do.  Boston is the place to be -- even Yankee fans love it!

I also welcome Bedard, I like him already.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm new here but from what I've read here this a a tough place for many Red Sox players. The criticisms here might indeed trump those of the Boston media. Many are merciless to Crawford, Lackey, and Drew. 
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Many of them aren't Boston fans. You'll figure it out when you see most of them never say anything postive about the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]NESN just showed a ten minute interview with Heidi and Bedard. Bedard was very open, polite, and responsive to all questions. I think that he was also quite enamoured by Heidi also.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Heidi may very well have gotten a rise out of him, he and the guy that she coaxed into getting those free rain jackets from.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An open letter to Erik Bedard from the members @ Red Sox: On the front burner : LOL. Nice, and so true. There may be Boston fans who post on NY boards, but they certainly don't spend all their time there like some Yankee fans here do.  Boston is the place to be -- even Yankee fans love it! I also welcome Bedard, I like him already.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I'll be quite honest, Boston is a GREAT town.  It really is, the area outside of Fenway is awesome and it is a great game inside the ballpark.  That is what it is a ballpark it is throwback baseball and they have that atmosphere going on every game.  The new Yankee Stadium has its +'s, I love the steakhouse and everything else it has to offer but it is a different experience as opposed to Fenway.   However, in regard to cities.....NYC is the greatest city in the world hands down....its not even close. 

As for Bedard......I welcome him to the rivalry.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I think Paul O'Neil made a comment one night on why you often see empty seats at the stadium. He said many fans spend a great deal of time during the game milling around at all of the shops, concessions, and souvenier shops within the stadium. That is something that I would never do.