An open letter to Hank Steinbrenner-It's time to clean house!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GL'SFRANK. Show GL'SFRANK's posts

An open letter to Hank Steinbrenner-It's time to clean house!

Dear Hank:
    Good morning to my good friend Hank. I have been an admirer of your dear departed father for many years. Also I am a loyal Yankees fan. I write to you this morning with a heavy heart. I plead with you to dismantle this team ASAP. Start with management. Girardi and Cashman go first followed by players whose prime has past them by. Trade Jeter; give him  a gold watch, shake his hand and say good-bye. Get the best package. Also trade Teixeira. Tell Posada to start collecting social security. Ship AJ Burnett packing.
    Your father left a legacy of greatness; I know you can too.
    Yours truly,
    devoted fan FRFRGL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: An open letter to Hank Steinbrenner-It's time to clean house!

You can buy27 World Series ,But you cant buy Love

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

This post should be on your twitter site.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Well, we can help Hank Steinbrenner clean house.

He can borrow our broom.

You know, the one that we used to sweep Yankee Stadium.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Seriously, Frank. Yankees are getting a taste of what happened to BOS last year.  That's not gloating. It's painful to watch.  Especially when you consider the payroll.

That's how baseball go, as Ron Washington says.

But the beauty of the game is that a situation can change very quickly.  Yankees have the resources to make it happen. And there is the WC, after all. 

Which is why no one should be so quick to write NYY off.  I haven't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

i personally think they should just sit tight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to An open letter to Hank Steinbrenner-It's time to clean house!:
    Dear Hank: Good morning to my good friend Hank. I have been an admirer of your dear departed father for many years. Also I am a loyal Yankees fan. I write to you this morning with a heavy heart. I plead with you to dismantle this team ASAP. Start with management. Girardi and Cashman go first followed by players whose prime has past them by. Trade Jeter; give him  a gold watch, shake his hand and say good-bye. Get the best package. Also trade Teixeira. Tell Posada to start collecting social security. Ship AJ Burnett packing. Your father left a legacy of greatness; I know you can too. Yours truly, devoted fan FRFRGL

Posted by GL'SFRANK

I think living in gloucester has rubbed off on you because you certainly sound like a member of the red flops nation with this drivel.

Turn in your Pinstripes!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I agree, they should clean house. Get rid of Teixeira, Cano, Jeter, Gardner, Granderson, Sabathia and Rivera to start with. Heck, we'll take some of them off your hands free of charge.

Speaking of CC, he's 7-1 with probably an unearthly ERA if you take out his three games vs. Beckett.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dear Hank: Good morning to my good friend Hank. I have been an admirer of your dear departed father for many years. Also I am a loyal Yankees fan. I write to you this morning with a heavy heart. I plead with you to dismantle this team ASAP. Start with management. Girardi and Cashman go first followed by players whose prime has past them by. Trade Jeter; give him  a gold watch, shake his hand and say good-bye. Get the best package. Also trade Teixeira. Tell Posada to start collecting social security. Ship AJ Burnett packing. Your father left a legacy of greatness; I know you can too. Yours truly, devoted fan FRFRGL
    Posted by GL'SFRANK

I tend to agree. Despite all the great things I've heard about the Yankees' up and coming minor league talent, where are all these alleged pitching and catching studs, now? The signings of veterans Colon, Garcia, and Russell Martin signaled that their top tier prospects haven't developed as hoped. Something needs to be done immediately to correct whatever problems exist in their minor league system.  

A-Rod and Jeter have slowed down, and aren't living up to their huge contracts. Posada needs to retire. As great as Mariano Rivera has been, how much longer can the greatest reliever of all-time produce? Other than CC Sabathia, what other Yankee starter inspires confidence?

There appear to be too many holes on this team to patch. Rather than trading away prospects in a attempt to salvage this season, perhaps the Yanks would be better served bringing up their top minor leaguers, and seeing what they really have. But, if, as I suspect, their prospects are overrated, packaging them for a quality starter and a dependable bat to DH might be the best option. They can't trade away their vets, due to their ages, and huge salaries.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey baby,

did mariano get the save last night?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Although, clearly there is much to come this season, the Red Sox are without question far better that the Stankees. 7 out of 8 head to head, back to back 3 game sweeps at the new Stankee Stadium, a BoSox amazing rebound from the horrendous start are just to convincing for any of the Stankee trolls to argue when discussing where we are right now today. Own it.

Now, as we move forward, the rest of the season looks good, but not great for the BoSox. Pedey injured...for how long. Continued issues with the BP and back end of the rotation. Injuries to others will happen, as they will to all teams. I for one am simply going to utterly enjoy our total dominance of the Stankees "right now", the very strong performance by Ells (keep chomping on that crow Softy :-) ), the resurgance of Beckett, Crawford finally getting settled in and Gonzalez delivering a MVP / Triple Crown potential year so far.

I will not overlook or think that the Stankees or even the Rays are done yet, we have to far to go, but I am very, very pleased right now. We finally have a Stankee Troll standing atop the Brooklyn Bridge prepared to do the Swan Dive. Does it get any better?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: An open letter to Hank Steinbrenner-It's time to clean house!:
    Although, clearly there is much to come this season, the Red Sox are without question far better that the Stankees. 7 out of 8 head to head, back to back 3 game sweeps at the new Stankee Stadium, a BoSox amazing rebound from the horrendous start are just to convincing for any of the Stankee trolls to argue when discussing where we are right now today. Own it. Now, as we move forward, the rest of the season looks good, but not great for the BoSox. Pedey injured...for how long. Continued issues with the BP and back end of the rotation. Injuries to others will happen, as they will to all teams. I for one am simply going to utterly enjoy our total dominance of the Stankees "right now", the very strong performance by Ells (keep chomping on that crow Softy :-) ), the resurgance of Beckett, Crawford finally getting settled in and Gonzalez delivering a MVP / Triple Crown potential year so far. I will not overlook or think that the Stankees or even the Rays are done yet, we have to far to go, but I am very, very pleased right now. We finally have a Stankee Troll standing atop the Brooklyn Bridge prepared to do the Swan Dive. Does it get any better?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Triple crown for A-Gon? Toronto's Bautista is a better triple crown bet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

"Potential" for the TC is the word I used. Bautista may very well be a better bet right now to your point, however I stand solidly behind the statement that Adrian has the "potential" to accomplish it, however unlikely either will do it. Regardless, it is an absolute joy to watch Adrian hit, there are so many dents coming for the Green Monster over the years!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: An open letter to Hank Steinbrenner-It's time to clean house!:
    hey baby, did mariano get the save last night?
    Posted by --the--yazzer

niiiice

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Posted by GL'SFRANK

Sorry your stuck with Jeter A-Rod Burnett etc who would take them given their bloated contracts. I was watching a lot of the Yanks games when they were on the west coast and Jeter seems to be getting older by the minute and he has mastered the routine grounder to the infield this year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

So Fankfrom gl wants to  trade Jeter.

Well then so much for what Jeter has meant to the Yankee's, not to mention he is 11 hits shy of 3000, so they should trade him and watch him get his 3000th hit in another uniform. That would surely be something to behold. So much for having any respect for Jeter.

Also that would mean no Yankee would have hit 3000 hits as a Yankee.

Really great idea Frank.

About trading for Jeter, what team would want to even consider acquiring a aging SS making 17 million a year?

If I remember right, the Yaankee's were the only team willing to pay Jeter anywhere near what he wanted, and then really overpaid for him.

So now you want to trade him, and what would be his trade value?

No Frank the Yankee's signed him, now you will have him for another two years, to say nothing of having to pay Rodriguez 30 plus a year until he is 43, or another 7 years. Good luck with that.

Also Texiera will make 23 a year for another 5 years, while hitting .260, albeit he will hit HR'S.

Now another question will be at the end of 2011, C.C. will opt out of his contract and sign a new 6 year deal with NYY'S  for 150 million.

You see the Yankee's never learn, and just keep overpaying for their players.

So Frank watching your overpaid Yankee's for the next few years and wondering why they collectivily are a bunch over underachievers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I have Jeter on two fantasy teams that I took over last year...I have yet to be able to trade him, even for second stringers. I may just end up dropping him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Posted by GL'SFRANK

wow frank, what happened to your yankees sweeping my red sox that you posted......

tell ya what frankie. take the night off from watching baseball. why not watch the bruins take it to the Kanucks tonight. I also recommend a nice cold cloth to put on your battered forehead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"(jeter) has mastered the routine grounder to the infield this year."-attic-dan

yes, he has become the right-handed j d drew.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

nobody wants any of those hideous contracts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

"Potential" for the TC is the word I used. Bautista may very well be a better bet right now to your point, however I stand solidly behind the statement that Adrian has the "potential" to accomplish it, however unlikely either will do it. Regardless, it is an absolute joy to watch Adrian hit, there are so many dents coming for the Green Monster over the years!
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Can't see A-Gon hitting enough homers to overtake Jose Bautista, and capture the triple crown. But, he does have at great shot at winning the MVP.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

Let Jeter finish a Yankee. He's not what he used to be, but there's no harm in having him on the team if the rest of the team is strong until that you don't have to depend on him as they once did...he's a Yankee icon. Overpaid and rapidly declining, but let him retire a Yankee, unless the relationship between him and the team gets ugly...which it could, considering the egos involved. But if he wants to stay there and can accept a reduced role, let him stay.

Having said that, they can't keep everyone around out of loyalty, so Posada has to go.

But I don't think they need to "clean house" in the traditional sense. They'll just re-load via free agency, or pull off one of those trades where they get the top guy available and seeminly give up nothing for him...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

according to YANK-EM sources, as soon as JETER gets his 3000th hit, he will be secreted away to his mansion in florida and never seen again at YANK-EM STADIUM.

POSADA may also be leaving; he has accepted the role of MR POTATO HEAD in TOY STORY 4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Yes Frank, as soon as I finish this smoke, I'll get right on it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Frank you sound like most Yank fans on way home from game last night. But don't worry Yanks still have resources, problem is who might be available to help. Bigger problem is what to do w/ Jeter 3yrs; Arod 6yrs; paying top dollar for below pay production is a big problem. If you look at Yanks they are basically set at only 2 positions [Cano 2b / Granderson CF] who are really a part of this teams future. ?????'s everywhere CC opt out to Left coast; Jeter stay @ SS; Swisher coming back to White Sox days; Hughes is he a top of the rotation starter; Feliciano will he pitch again; Soriano a set up man; Arod on down side unfortunately contract is on upside; Martin answer @ C; Montero can he hit mlb pitching or just great minor leaguer; Gardner great speed but plays dumb; how do you not score from 3rd on passed ball; Teixeira ok 3 position set; Mo not getting any younger; Joba ligament replacement. Not good time for Yankee fans and they were expressing this on train ride home after last nights game.

Sections
Shortcuts