...and if there are no trades how would you reply?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

...and if there are no trades how would you reply?

It is conceiveable BenC. makes no trades before the deadline.

Hard to imagine but very possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re:...and if there are no trades how would you reply?

I'll wake up in the morning and still go to work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It is actually makes the most sense. This team you can't really count on, you get a big pitcher and the rest of the staff could go in the tank. This team is closes enough to make a run, so do you really want to dump Ross, Shoppach, et al knowing you are this close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Nothing...look at all other teams...did they make a good trade other than getting two months rental?   Too many sellers are asking too much in return except they will take less if they are going to trade two months rental.

No one have made a good trade and have upgrade the team.  Irchio isnt an upgrade player for the Yankees cuz the Yankees will now bench Swisher or Ibanez who both have been hitting well this year.

If Boston get Josh Johnson, that isnt much of an upgrade for the team.  Like someone mentioned on this board saying we need an "ACE" pitcher!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ben is actually quite good at doing nothing...wouldnt surprise me at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to ...and if there are no trades how would you reply?:
    [QUOTE]It is conceiveable BenC. makes no trades before the deadline. Hard to imagine but very possible.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]
    Boston general manager Ben Cherington made a trade today (Brent Lillibridge for Jose de la Torre).

I would rather Cherington make no trades instead of bad trades.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I have no problems with no trades. I don't want to trade prospects, so if this season is lost, then I'd rather wait to the offseason to rebuild for 2013.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re:...and if there are no trades how would you reply?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to ...and if there are no trades how would you reply? : Boston general manager Ben Cherington made a trade today (Brent Lillibridge for Jose de la Torre). I would rather Cherington make no trades instead of bad trades.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I'm not sure why there is this need to make trades.  You only want to trade if the trade benefits you, and with both GMs looking for a benefit, someone will have to lose.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

This team Ned's trade to dump dead weight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I have not heard of the two prospects the Dodgers gave up for Hanley and Choate or the players that went in the Wandy trade but you have to wonder if we didn't have "FOUR SUSPECTS"  that would have been appealing to the Marlins and Astros.

I'm serious--it looks to be more of the same when ST of 2013 starts.

Sox Rotation: Lester, Beckett, Lackey, Doubie and Buch.  Same old same old.

Then you have a logjam of minor league players and more players to be drafted so you wind up releasing players because you have no place for them to play. Players like Stolmey Pimental, Drake Britton, Webster--sitting in AA and AAA that will be moved somehow, out of the system, to make way for other slightly more talented minor league players.

Trades do serve a purpose more than as  potential blown trades, bad moves.

When you look at the people being moved in return for the ones mentioned--I have to say aside from Jacob Turner I haven't seen a name that jumps off the page in return for names like Ichiro, Wandy, Infante, Anibal, Hanley and Randy.

In the next few days we may see Hamilton for Hamels and Victorino --three rent a player(s) to help propel teams into the playoffs. Like it use to be a name for a name.

I expect a couple more Lilly and Germano lateral moves--perhaps Punto being moved for Cash and PTBNL or perhaps Cody joining a team that needs a RH bat or Shop for a prospect.  If that's the extent of it fine let's see what Lavarnwy can do for an added month before the Sept. callups.

I hope something can be done to move CC---he has diminished so much in two years in Boston--I've got to believe if you could move him to Houston the guy would get his game back. I have high hopes every time he comes to the plate, then he  gets strike one and fear sets on his face--I'm going to make an out--for his sake and for the fans he's got to go.      CC for Werth--would anyone complain????? Same money new hope for players and the fans.

[QUOTE]In Response to ...and if there are no trades how would you reply? : Boston general manager Ben Cherington made a trade today (Brent Lillibridge for Jose de la Torre). I would rather Cherington make no trades instead of bad trades.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I won't be surprised if they do nothing - they seem gripped with indecision.

Of course, absent a trade - it is almost impossible to continue the charade that "we are in it to win this year"

Could end the sell out streak which is so precious (and phony) for management.

However, if they bring back largely the same team in 2013 - the fans are going to reject that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

No trade and Boston makes it to the playoff, Ben will get little appreciation.

No trade and Boston wins it all, Ben will be praised.

No trade and Boston fails to make it to the playoff, Ben will prove himself that he was a rookie.  Also based here until God knows how long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Agree with you 100%, Hill.  I don't want Cherington to panic and make a trade just for the sake of making a trade. 

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts