And the Reclamation Begins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

And the Reclamation Begins!

Red Sox Sign Jesse Carlson

The Red Sox signed lefty reliever Jesse Carlson to a split contract with a spring training invite, his brother told Robert Mayer of the local online newspaper the Berlin Patch in a story published yesterday.  Carlson, 30, had rotator cuff surgery in May and was removed from Toronto's 40-man roster in November.  Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com first tweeted the near-agreement yesterday morning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: RS Make Blockbuster deal!

Excellent value, to add to massive payroll under current hood.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

First re-signing Miller, now this, the Sox are trying to corner the market on useless LHP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: And the Reclamation Begins!

This move should bump the Angels and Miami off the Front Pages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You have to admire Cherrignton's discipline.  He isn't going to allow anything to prevent him from locking up mediocre pitching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

This is one I would have kept under the radar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I didn't know that the first order of business was to re-stock the Pawtucket bull-pen. It looks more and more that the Sox are going to keep throwing it against the wall hopeing that some it will stick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to And the Reclamation Begins!:
    Red Sox Sign Jesse Carlson By Tim Dierkes [December 8, 2011 at 2:03pm CST] The Red Sox signed lefty reliever Jesse Carlson to a split contract with a spring training invite, his brother told Robert Mayer of the local online newspaper the Berlin Patch  in a story published yesterday.  Carlson, 30, had rotator cuff surgery in May and was removed from Toronto's 40-man roster in November.   Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com first tweeted the near-agreement yesterday morning.
    Posted by Alibiike
    IF THE SOX STAY AT IT, WE COULD BE THE 2ND COMING OF "HOOSIERS", BASEBALL STYLE !!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: And the Reclamation Begins!:
    In Response to And the Reclamation Begins! : IF THE SOX STAY AT IT, WE COULD BE THE 2ND COMING OF "HOOSIERS", BASEBALL STYLE !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Where's Gene Hackman when you need him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Cheaper to go to Home Depot and buy some bailing wire and duct tape to mend the BP.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: RS Make Blockbuster deal!:
      First re-signing Miller, now this, the Sox are trying to corner the market on useless LHP.
    Posted by attic-dan

well said, no good deed goes unpunished...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Valentine may be scratching his head wondering if this is the modus operandi of Lucchino and Cherington.
    He had a secure job as an analyst for ESPN and guess who has the last laugh ?   Tito Francona.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to And the Reclamation Begins!:
    Red Sox Sign Jesse Carlson By Tim Dierkes [December 8, 2011 at 2:03pm CST] The Red Sox signed lefty reliever Jesse Carlson to a split contract with a spring training invite, his brother told Robert Mayer of the local online newspaper the Berlin Patch  in a story published yesterday.  Carlson, 30, had rotator cuff surgery in May and was removed from Toronto's 40-man roster in November.   Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com first tweeted the near-agreement yesterday morning.
    Posted by Alibiike

From the word that i got was that sox signed Jesse ( the kid ) Carlson  for protection in case of bench emptying browl.Now that Ortiz is around for another year they wanted someone to watch his back.From what i found out this kid would hit batters in hope they would charge the mound.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Dumpster diving at its worst.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Nice pickup.  114/47 K/W in 141 IPs.  7.7 H/9.  Career 1.189 WHIP, and an OPSa of .694.  I'd be curious to see what he looks like when he's able to pitch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

You have to admire Cherrignton's discipline.  He isn't going to allow anything to prevent him from locking up mediocre pitching.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

I think you are giving him too much credit - mediocre would have been nice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Softlaw coined "dumpster diving". It is pen tradition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Nice pickup.  114/47 K/W in 141 IPs.  7.7 H/9.  Career 1.189 WHIP, and an OPSa of .694.  I'd be curious to see what he looks like when he's able to pitch.
    Posted by Joebreidey

I agree, Joe, that the numbers aren't bad (BBs are high). But, he hasn't pitched since 2010, and then just 13 innings before he went under the knife. I hope he works out.

Sections
Shortcuts