Andrew Bailey last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Andrew Bailey last night

Did anyone notice last night after the game? Aftrer he finished the game, he was doing "shooting the arrow" which the Rays do when they get a hit or something like that, and then Bailey followed that by breaking the bow with his knee.  I just loved it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Andrew Bailey last night

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Did anyone notice last night after the game? Aftrer he finished the game, he was doing "shooting the arrow" which the Rays do when they get a hit or something like that, and then Bailey followed that by breaking the bow with his knee.  I just loved it.  

yes I did, that was pretty awesome.  I can see why some would find that cocky and not like it, but personally I like a little bit of attitude. 

He did start to worry me a little bit last night, but I'm not going to really complain to much because he recovered pretty fast and got the job done. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I would rather see his breaking ball down in the strikezone.

But maybe I just don't understand his approach yet.

-Daf.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I saw it on the MLB network.   Laughing

Bailey has some swagger!!!  Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

He is a good pitcher who has health concerns; not his fault. As far as the showboating, it was more a "right back at u" wasn't it?

Yes it was Burr. TB young pitcher rcher acted as if he just made a save and jumped up and down on the mound showing up Nava, who obviously didnt particularly like it. Funny because Archer left the game after 4IP losing by 2 runs, throwing 102 pitches and taxing an already tired bullpen. Doesnt soiunf like he should have been that happy, no?

Bailey threw it right back at them. Good foir him! Maybe Madden should concentrate on his team instead of who our "bad teammates" are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

He is a good pitcher who has health concerns; not his fault. As far as the showboating, it was more a "right back at u" wasn't it?

Yes it was Burr. TB young pitcher rcher acted as if he just made a save and jumped up and down on the mound showing up Nava, who obviously didnt particularly like it. Funny because Archer left the game after 4IP losing by 2 runs, throwing 102 pitches and taxing an already tired bullpen. Doesnt soiunf like he should have been that happy, no?

Bailey threw it right back at them. Good foir him! Maybe Madden should concentrate on his team instead of who our "bad teammates" are.

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

After giving up that rocket to Loney, which I'll  admit had me thinking "Well, here we  go again," Bailey looked terrific.

Aceves was awesome. Honestly, I'm not surprised. Knowing his history, I figured he'd either get shelled and last three innings or do what he did last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Bailey needs to find a rythm with out injury interuption. If he can, he could be very, very good in the closer role. I am concerned about over use of Uehara and Tawaza, and dont trust Miller. I understand that Ace is the 6th SP and Webster is the 7th in case of need/injury. I also understand the case of getting RDLR build up innings this year in AAA. Can RDLR come in after the AS break and give the RS set up man innings with out incuring a set back to next years plans?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I have no problem with Bailey's little celebration. But let's not be hypocrites and complain when other teams do it.  We had posters getting upset at Papelbon's fist pump a few days ago.  Be consistent.

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Personally, I'm not a fan of that stuff, whether it's our guy or their guy. Act like you've  been there before. You'd never seen Mariano Rivera do that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Agree, you can't complain about the other team and condone with our own. I don't like it on the mound or at the plate.  That said, Archers over reaction, spinning off the mound to the dugout, after striking out the guy who took him deep, last time up.  I'll cut him some slack due to his age and being a rookie, but wont talke him long to realize theres a big difference celebrating in the 4th inning, as opposed to the 9th. didnt mind Baileys pay back...its is a b*tch

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Maybe he should successfully save more than one game before he shows his swagger.

He was about three feet shy of blowing the save last night, and that was to the first batter he faced.  Shakey at best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Personally, I'm not a fan of that stuff, whether it's our guy or their guy. Act like you've  been there before. You'd never seen Mariano Rivera do that.

Agree.

edit: However, there is something to be said for a little in your face pay back every once in a while.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I'm not either

but I'm a big fan of payback

kudos to bailey

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

After giving up that rocket to Loney, which I'll  admit had me thinking "Well, here we  go again," Bailey looked terrific.

Aceves was awesome. Honestly, I'm not surprised. Knowing his history, I figured he'd either get shelled and last three innings or do what he did last night.

agreed LIoyd. and I don't mind blowing my own horn by saying that I knew that fredo had it in him to go atleast into the 6th. I also loved the fact that after he was done for the night he wrapped himself in towels and sat on the bench to watch the completion of the game. nice to take the series from the damn devilrays eh lIoyd....I don't know what farrell has to do but one thing for sure. he needs to keep fredo with this team....and as for madden? he can take a trip down to the beach and bring gloves and spend the afternoon pounding sand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

I'm not either

kudos to bailey

Well, there is that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not either

kudos to bailey

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I'm not in favor in most cases. When it comes to a shrill buffoon like Maddon I'm all in. 

Sections
Shortcuts