Andrew Bailey to DL...Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Andrew Bailey to DL...Again

The Sox are dancing around with 2 closers that are having trouble staying healthy. Everyone was aware that bailey goes on the DL once or twice a year which is why they got Hanny. Now Hanny might go on the DL for a 2nd time and were only a month into it. Aceves could be recalled as a long man again.

We are getting tested right now. Hopefully the depth we have in AAA will keep the ship afloat while guys like Taz and Koji finish games off for us until our actual closers get better. Were still in 1st place and still winning. I think we will be Ok. I trust our "far east connection" to lead the pen for the time being.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The frequent injuries notwithstanding , I am not convinced that either Bailey or Hanrahan has the intestinal fortitude to close games in a big time pressure enviroment. Of the two , I would have more hope for Bailey. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The frequent injuries notwithstanding , I am not convinced that either Bailey or Hanrahan has the intestinal fortitude to close games in a big time pressure enviroment. Of the two , I would have more hope for Bailey. 

I watch all of the pregame and postgame shows and they have yet to do an analysis on "intestinal fortitude". I don''t even think that a team sports psychologist is on the payroll anymore.

You will never find a discussion of that on the pre and post game shows. But it is something that is always there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I agree.  Not everybody can handle the pressure of closing for the Red Sox.  Melancon was a clear-cut case of this last year.

Sections
Shortcuts