Andrew Miller & Aceves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Andrew Miller & Aceves

In Response to Re: Andrew Miller & Aceves:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andrew Miller & Aceves : Trouts, Perhaps you should have tried to qualify your statement in the orginal post with the "last night" Miller struggled to find the plate or words to that efect. Because after reading it I came away with the impression that your opin was that Miller is a liabilty and shouldn't even be on the roster. When in fact he's done an outstanding job of keeping us in every game he's pitched to date and the Sox are 4-0 when he takes the ball. Is there room for improvement absolutely, my guess is he's workng his tail off to do just that. His issue has nothing to do with deer in the headlights, it's all mechnics and that's why we got him for a song...As for Aceves, he's also exceeded expectations and like Miller he has his own issues that led to him becoming a FA. Both have benefited from being with the Sox and both I am sure will continue to work hard to improve. every pitcher will struggle at times, the good ones don't string bad outings together...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Given trouts' nature, your impression was probably correct...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andrew Miller & Aceves : Given trouts' nature, your impression was probably correct...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
     Hey, I started a thread that had to do with how Miller and Aceves pitched the other night. It didn't have anything to do with 170 million bucks or picking up another Pedro. Like some obnoxious loser you chose to not comment on the gist of the post but to attack the poster. You're certainly entitled to your opinions but you know absolutely nothing about my nature. You are no more than a wretched, loud mouthed cretin pretending to have all the answers. Aside from that, have a nice day and go Sox!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

3-0 with a 3.57 ERA so far is not good enough for a guy we basically got for nothing? (No offense intended to Dustin Richardson, who was released by the Marlins and now has a 5.06 ERA for the Braves' AAA team.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]3-0 with a 3.57 ERA so far is not good enough for a guy we basically got for nothing? (No offense intended to Dustin Richardson, who was released by the Marlins and now has a 5.06 ERA for the Braves' AAA team.)
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

And the team is 4-0 ...

I am always amazed at how quickly someone responds to a bad outing - or even a single bad at-bat ...

If patience is a virtue, I think it is often "banned in Boston"...