Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

The wife Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her. Ummmm. It could be because someone chose to spell his name Andruw instead of Andrew, and he's had to deal with that all his life. Oooor it could be he has rage issues that could be contributed to something else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

Are the Yankees contributing to this PED atmosphere by constantly rewarding players they know use with contracts?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Are the Yankees contributing to this PED atmosphere by constantly rewarding players they know use with contracts?

i knew there had to be a Yankee connection somewhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

And the news about Andruw really surprises you? I don't believe that. If I was married to a huge guy that the Yankees decided to give a contract to so he could smack homeruns for them, I would be worried about him.

You know PEDs/steroids aren't just about baseball. These guys go home after the games, and there is rage involved with steroids.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And the news about Andruw really surprises you? I don't believe that. If I was married to a huge guy that the Yankees decided to give a contract to so he could smack homeruns for them, I would be worried about him.

You know PEDs/steroids aren't just about baseball. These guys go home after the games, and there is rage involved with steroids.

Yes, LOL, that's why the Yankees signed him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

That's exactly why the Yankees continue to sign these guys (see ARod). It really defies logic that baseball insiders and players don't know who's using. They know who they're getting when they sign them. The Yankees, the biggest money-making team in baseball absolutely knows what players are doing before they sign them. Guaranteed. Didn't they even have a player followed once? Torre even took Manny on the Dodgers right before he was caught.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That's exactly why the Yankees continue to sign these guys (see ARod). It really defies logic that baseball insiders and players don't know who's using. They know who they're getting when they sign them. The Yankees, the biggest money-making team in baseball absolutely knows what players are doing before they sign them. Guaranteed. Didn't they even have a player followed once? Torre even took Manny on the Dodgers before he was caught.

Guaranteed? Torre's involved? Ok then.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

That's exactly why the Yankees continue to sign these guys (see ARod). It really defies logic that baseball insiders and players don't know who's using. They know who they're getting when they sign them. The Yankees, the biggest money-making team in baseball absolutely knows what players are doing before they sign them. Guaranteed. Didn't they even have a player followed once? Torre even took Manny on the Dodgers right before he was caught.

Smiley-Beni lives on.  Well, kind-a.  At least Smiley had a silly side.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Only a goofball like pike would make this connection.

Who was that SS the Sox had a couple years back who had Ike Turner tendencies with his wife?

There have been so many at SS I can't remember his name he played earlier for Tampa.

He bounced her head off the windshield.

Like the Yankees have a monopoly on wife beaters.

Maybe Ike Turner was on PEDs too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smartacus. Show Smartacus's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

It does seem to be a trend

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It amazed me that they said he wa an ex Atlanta Brave and not a ex New York Yankee. What was that damage control by the Yankees ?  He was always suspected of being a PED user prior to when he signed that contract with the Dodgers then dropped like a stone in water. When he resurected his career with the Yankees somewhat I suspected he was using HGH.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Why is this news? 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

It amazed me that they said he wa an ex Atlanta Brave and not a ex New York Yankee. What was that damage control by the Yankees ?  He was always suspected of being a PED user prior to when he signed that contract with the Dodgers then dropped like a stone in water. When he resurected his career with the Yankees somewhat I suspected he was using HGH.

then you must  amaze easily..there are other players that made 2-3 other stops after and are still referred to as ex-Yankees when something bad happens to them..

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

who  sighned  him a japan team if i was any team i would void that contract i would,nt want him on my team woman abuser no thank you gross

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

The guy spent the bulk of his career as a top flight player with the Braves; on the NYY he was only a shell of himself, and all but vanished in the 2nd half of 2012; the only reason IMO some cranks discuss possible PED use (which I believe he did, including earler in his career) is because he had a couple of good games vs the RS; yet another brilliant post by you.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Without getting into the validity of Kim's post and thinking of it more globally, are we to believe that the FO's don't know who's using and who isn't?  And I'm not excusing the Sox from it either.  They've had their issues with certain players too.

Every FO is baseball is familiar with Josh Hamilton and Zac Grienke and their issues.  Most of us also believe that when a FO is going to tie up millions of dollars in a player they want to know EVERYTHING about him, probably up to and including the regularity of is bowel movements, :-) so why should we not also believe that they know who's using and who isn't?

C'mon.  MLB is a fairly small community and word leaks out. 

Without 'naming names' and leaving the Sox and the Yankees out of the discussion, I think Kim makes an excellent point.  Why does the FO pick up a player whom they're 90% sure is using?  (and the only way to be 100% sure is through testing, which players are finding ways around).  Aren't they just perpetuating the drug use?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts