Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

Jones has a hot wife.  Actually all baseball players have hot wives and girlfriends.  Just ask Verlander.  LOL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The wife Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her. Ummmm. It could be because someone chose to spell his name Andruw instead of Andrew, and he's had to deal with that all his life. Oooor it could be he has rage issues that could be contributed to something else.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe she deserved it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The wife Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her. Ummmm. It could be because someone chose to spell his name Andruw instead of Andrew, and he's had to deal with that all his life. Oooor it could be he has rage issues that could be contributed to something else.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe she deserved it.

[/QUOTE]

You're enough of an idiot.

You don't need to practice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

season greetings S5

Back atcha, Zac.  Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season filled with family and friends.

Why does the FO pick up a player whom they're 90% sure is using? (and the only way to be 100% sure is through testing, which players are finding ways around). Aren't they just perpetuating the drug use?

I suppose you could say technically they are perpetuating the drug use

thing is, IMO their job is to help the team compete & win not

make a stand, not to do something, all the other GM's R doing

I agree completely with the part of your post (formely below) that I deleted.  Now I want to "pick at" the part of it I left above:

While I'm not holding the players blameless I also think that the owners, too, are not "acting in the best interest of the game". 

This business of "to help the team compete...and not make a stand" is as damaging to the game as the players are who're using PED's. 

I think it was Ben Franklin who said that (parphrased) "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead".  I don't believe for moment that within the baseball community the names of certain players who are using PED's is unknown.  I'm not suggesting they've all been 'outed' but I'm confident that there are some names whom every FO knows.

I believe that owners are confident that they know (as opposed to "have proof") who's using and who isn't.  They just sign whomever they want, and when a player gets busted they act innocent and say, "Really?  Using?  Him??  Gee. I didn't know that"  The word disingenous comes to mind. And in their own self-interest they're all, in their own way, colluding to do it.

This is the same as player's salaries.  A certain poster here (smirk) wants to blame Big Labor for the financial woes of some teams, but the FO is every bit as culpable as the players.  If the FO's would say "NO" to some of the demands it's possible that a family could afford to take in more than one game a season.  It's not like MLB players are going to go someplace else.  MBL is it's own 'closed shop' at the request of ownership, and if the players can't reach a salary agreement with the owners they'll get real jobs or move to Japan. 

Unfortunately they can't take a stand on either salaries or PED's because they know they can't trust one another! 

You and your damn colors, Zac!  LOL  My reply was in black until I posted it, then I went back edited mine to make it italicized.  LOL

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Remember Jones when he played CF for Atlanta.  one of those players hand picked by Bobby Cox.  phenomenal on defense with that trademark basket catch that would put you on the edge of your seat, but was never a standout at the plate.  Always had a smile - always in good humor - a big kid who loved to play baseball and never presented any negative demeanor or behavior.  loves Atlanta and kept his home there even when he was traded.

So reading this report of domestic violence early on Christmas morning saddened me.  Many players slip into emotional problems as their career enters its golden years.  The final years for many players are endless struggles to stay conditioned and stay healthy even stay employed...and of course depending on how they managed their finances in the peak years - some struggle with maintaining their lifestyle when the big contracts get smaller and smaller. 

So when you read of Mr Jones' troubles in his private life, don't be so quick to assume PED's - altho too often these situations are in fact, tied to steroid use.  We just don't have the right to assume that before facts support it.  There are many reasons why people get triggered and a moment of unrestrained anger can get very unfortunate very quickly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL my friend

those aren't my colors

when a post or in my case a poster

is FOS their posts automatically show up in brown ink

[/QUOTE]

Noooo.. that can't be true.  A Certain Poster's posts are never in brown.  :-)

But if you're right about that... I guess I've been busted!  LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why the Yankee news on a Sox site?

Hypocrite.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would think a negative article about an ex-Yankee would bother you.

Hey, I thought of a new screenname for you. How about Holeofazz?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Smartacus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are the Yankees contributing to this PED atmosphere by constantly rewarding players they know use with contracts?

[/QUOTE]

It does seem to be a trend

[/QUOTE]

Yet another Mikey screenname back from the Smiley-Beni days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are the Yankees contributing to this PED atmosphere by constantly rewarding players they know use with contracts?

[/QUOTE]

Only a goofball like pike would make this connection.

Who was that SS the Sox had a couple years back who had Ike Turner tendencies with his wife?

There have been so many at SS I can't remember his name he played earlier for Tampa.

He bounced her head off the windshield.

Like the Yankees have a monopoly on wife beaters.

Maybe Ike Turner was on PEDs too.

[/QUOTE]

Will Cordero? Or was it Julio Lugo? Either way, neither played for the Yanks but both did play for the Sox. Kim, response?

[/QUOTE]

You know what I loved the most? The "retooled" Colon. But don't blame the Yankees, they had absolutely no idea. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It amazed me that they said he wa an ex Atlanta Brave and not a ex New York Yankee. What was that damage control by the Yankees ?  He was always suspected of being a PED user prior to when he signed that contract with the Dodgers then dropped like a stone in water. When he resurected his career with the Yankees somewhat I suspected he was using HGH.

[/QUOTE]

That's true. The articles do say ex Atlanta Brave. LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why is this news? 

[/QUOTE]

You know, I just noticed the hyphen in your name.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Domestic violence is nothing more than a political agenda. Assualt and battery are crimes that should be prosecuted as such, based on the evidence that is carefully gathered and reviewed. The penalty for making false reports on crimes should be severe. The media only reports this to get a rise in ratings and claim that "we're trying to protect battered women". 

Arrest records should be purged as soon as the arrested party is aquitted or the charges dropped. Jones is innocent until proven guilty.

My headline:

"Wife of Andruw Jones Claims He Battered Her But Denies any Criminal Wrongdoing on Her Part"

[/QUOTE]

Domestic violence was probably created because husbands beating their wives is apparently not a big enough deal to be called assault and battery. FTR They woke Jones up in his bed, and he claims not to have remembered anything. Sounds a little different than "I didn't do anything".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Without getting into the validity of Kim's post and thinking of it more globally, are we to believe that the FO's don't know who's using and who isn't?  And I'm not excusing the Sox from it either.  They've had their issues with certain players too.

Every FO is baseball is familiar with Josh Hamilton and Zac Grienke and their issues.  Most of us also believe that when a FO is going to tie up millions of dollars in a player they want to know EVERYTHING about him, probably up to and including the regularity of is bowel movements, :-) so why should we not also believe that they know who's using and who isn't?

C'mon.  MLB is a fairly small community and word leaks out. 

Without 'naming names' and leaving the Sox and the Yankees out of the discussion, I think Kim makes an excellent point.  Why does the FO pick up a player whom they're 90% sure is using?  (and the only way to be 100% sure is through testing, which players are finding ways around).  Aren't they just perpetuating the drug use?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, S5. There's no way that the Yankees, who had a player followed and just happen to get incredibly lucky with all their short-term aging player signings, don't know what's going on with everyone they're interested in.

And Brian McNamee was from NY as well. Just sayin'. Probably worked for the Yankees. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Domestic violence is nothing more than a political agenda. Assualt and battery are crimes that should be prosecuted as such, based on the evidence that is carefully gathered and reviewed. The penalty for making false reports on crimes should be severe. The media only reports this to get a rise in ratings and claim that "we're trying to protect battered women". 

Arrest records should be purged as soon as the arrested party is aquitted or the charges dropped. Jones is innocent until proven guilty.

My headline:

"Wife of Andruw Jones Claims He Battered Her But Denies any Criminal Wrongdoing on Her Part"

[/QUOTE]

Every state has different criminal statutes.  In Wisconsin, where I practice criminal defense, there is no "domestic violence" crime, per se.  One can be charged with various degrees of battery, disorderly conduct, or a handful of other crimes relating to physical assault.  There is, however, a "domestic violence" enhancing charge; if the State cna prove that the victim of the crime and the accused were in one of several ennumerated relationships, then the penalty may be enhanced by up to six months above the maximum for the underlying crime.  

There is a different dynamic in a domestic crime vs. a crime perpetrated on a non-domestic victim.  Incidents of domestic violence are often symptomatic of a situation where one person is frequently in a powerless position to protect themselves from another.  The victim of domestic violence is usually dependent to some degree (financially, emotionally, or otherwise) on the perpetrator.  The perpetrator uses that power to control the victim.  This is very different from a bar fight, where the two people can usually go their separate ways afterwards.  In a domestic situation, "getting out" is much harder because it often demands a complete disruption of the lives of the principals. 

Studies have shown that incidences of "false accusations" of domestic violence are exceedingly rare, though not non-existent.  Often allegations of domestic violence are not false, but "inaccurate" insofar as they aggregate multiple incidents of abuse into one report.  This makes it appear that the victim is lying or exaggerating, because the victim reports harms that are in the past but had never been reported, as well as the harms that are recent.  Additionally, it is not infrequent for a victim to call the police in the heat of the moment when she or he is in danger, but then to recant later because she or he realizes how disruptive a prosecution will be.  It is not that the original allegations were false, but rather than the consequences of pursuing a proecution become more clear, and the victim decides that he or she does not want to go forward.  THat's one of the reasons most states have taken the discretion to "press charges" away from the victim and put it in the hands of the prosecutor.  It protects victims from pressure not to prosecute, and allows someone with a more objective view of the evidence to make the decision.

I do agree with your perspective on "innocent until proven guilty."  I also think that there is a problem in our criminal justice system with people assuming an arrest means you're guilty; but I'm not sure purging police reports is a good idea.  I just think a culture of more discerining media consumption is important.

[/QUOTE]

I remember you when I first arrived here and was getting hammered by Yankee fans for talking about the Yankees buying up all the free agents in 2009. You were the only person, besides, Harness, I remember being kind to me, and defending my posts. I believe you said you were living in South America at the time. I wound up leaving the board, and when I came back, I never saw you here again. If that was you, a belated thank you to you. You're a true gentleman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jones has a hot wife.  Actually all baseball players have hot wives and girlfriends.  Just ask Verlander.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

Teks first wife wasnt anything to write home about.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember Jones when he played CF for Atlanta.  one of those players hand picked by Bobby Cox.  phenomenal on defense with that trademark basket catch that would put you on the edge of your seat, but was never a standout at the plate.  Always had a smile - always in good humor - a big kid who loved to play baseball and never presented any negative demeanor or behavior.  loves Atlanta and kept his home there even when he was traded.

So reading this report of domestic violence early on Christmas morning saddened me.  Many players slip into emotional problems as their career enters its golden years.  The final years for many players are endless struggles to stay conditioned and stay healthy even stay employed...and of course depending on how they managed their finances in the peak years - some struggle with maintaining their lifestyle when the big contracts get smaller and smaller. 

So when you read of Mr Jones' troubles in his private life, don't be so quick to assume PED's - altho too often these situations are in fact, tied to steroid use.  We just don't have the right to assume that before facts support it.  There are many reasons why people get triggered and a moment of unrestrained anger can get very unfortunate very quickly.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, poor baby. I wonder how his wife is doing. I mean I really wonder. There are no reports about her.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts