Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

In response to Helloitsmeagain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's true. The articles do say ex Atlanta Brave. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Why do the red sox continually hire drunks, fisk, leskanic, jenks, etc.??

And why is fisk referred to as an ex "white sox" player and not an ex "red sox player?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-27/sports/chi-former-white-sox-star-carlton-fisk-pleads-guilty-to-dui-20121227_1_famer-carlton-fisk-white-sox-hall-year-of-court-supervision

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because the paper and website is the CHICAGO Tribune?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ice-Cream, have you ever started a thread? How about one on the Blue Jays or Oakland. Why keep this stupid thread going?

[/QUOTE]

I'll start a thread when I feel like it.  In the meantime, go outside and get some fresh air.  I'm sure you need it.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

but you're probably correct that it is applied more often to male defendants than female.   The truth of the matter is men more frequently assault women than the reverse

Assault: At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

In reality, you have no idea what the total households assulat gender breakdown is. Verbal abuse frequently rises to meet the elemenst of assualt ,in the context of heated arguments in or outside the household. It is specious to take filed case histories, when gender can be very much a reason why assulat claims are made or not made.

There is no greater bigory in history than the current bigotry with regards to males and females. The only reason it's unchallenged in nearly all political offices (including DA's) is because it's politically expedient to pander to females. 

[/QUOTE]

You're right, of course, that I don't really know what happens behind closed doors and goes unreported.  I'd wager, however, it's relatively consistent with reported crimes -- that a greatter number of men assault or batter women than the reverse.  

I was using the word "assault" in a non-technical sense because here in Wisconsin there is no crime of "assault," and I deal only with criminal conduct.  But the common law definition of "assault" that you cite is still a tort here, so I suppose I ought to have been more precise. 

I have to disagree with your position on the historical significance of anti-male bias in modern culture.  Six million dead Jews, and hundreds of millions of enslaved Africans and their descendants, for starters, strike me as a "greater bigotry" than laws that are used predominantly to protect women from domestic violence.  But that's just my opinion.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The wife Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her. Ummmm. It could be because someone chose to spell his name Andruw instead of Andrew, and he's had to deal with that all his life. Oooor it could be he has rage issues that could be contributed to something else.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe she deserved it.

[/QUOTE]

You're enough of an idiot.

You don't need to practice.

[/QUOTE]

I strongly support Equal Opportunity!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Slow, boring winter here. The UConn BB girls who are ranked #2 play Stanford which is ranked #1 at 4 pm today on ESPNU.

[/QUOTE]

That was pretty good.  Thanks for the chuckle.  Man, do I miss hockey!!!

[/QUOTE]

I was serious. I just watched the game and expected it to be competitive and never expected UConn to blow out Stamford by 25 points. I watched Breanna Stewart play high school basketball last year and had to see how well she could play on the Huskies. She hasn't disappointed.

[/QUOTE]

I knew that your recommendation of catching the NCAA game was serious.  However, considering that a baseball debate had turned into a discussion of Wisconsin state law (albeit an interesting one), I loved the timing and placement of your "slow winter" comment.

The lack of an NHL season certainly contributes to how boring the 2012 winter has been (for me anyways).  Usually by this time, Im flipping back and forth between the hockey and baseball forums.  Not teh case this year (fingers crossed this changes).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But future generations will look at homophobic bigots like you as worse than the Apartheid governments of South Africa.

Desmond Tutu: "Equally, I cannot keep quiet while people are being penalized for something about which they can do nothing -- their sexuality.

It is specious to attempt to equate race and ethnicity with sexual conduct. Sexual identity is male or female, and history will judge those who attempt to link volitional conduct with physical identity as the mental midgets they are.

My reply to the political stumping Tutu is:

[/QUOTE]

Your assumption about sexual identity vs sexual conduct is consistent with your bigoted views on most everything else i.e. "I'm right about everything, and everyone else is not only wrong but evil/damaged/lazy/stupid."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It amazed me that they said he wa an ex Atlanta Brave and not a ex New York Yankee. What was that damage control by the Yankees ?  He was always suspected of being a PED user prior to when he signed that contract with the Dodgers then dropped like a stone in water. When he resurected his career with the Yankees somewhat I suspected he was using HGH.

[/QUOTE]

Who suspected him of being a PED user?

[/QUOTE]

The way he bottomed out with the Dodgers after signing that big contract.

12. This post has been removed.