Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

Re: Andruw Jones Arrested for Domestic Violence

That's true. The articles do say ex Atlanta Brave. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Why do the red sox continually hire drunks, fisk, leskanic, jenks, etc.??

And why is fisk referred to as an ex "white sox" player and not an ex "red sox player?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-27/sports/chi-former-white-sox-star-carlton-fisk-pleads-guilty-to-dui-20121227_1_famer-carlton-fisk-white-sox-hall-year-of-court-supervision

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember you when I first arrived here and was getting hammered by Yankee fans for talking about the Yankees buying up all the free agents in 2009. You were the only person, besides, Harness, I remember being kind to me, and defending my posts. I believe you said you were living in South America at the time. I wound up leaving the board, and when I came back, I never saw you here again. If that was you, a belated thank you to you. You're a true gentleman.

[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

I've been around.  I don't like to post much unless I have something different to contribute.  I was in El Salvador for two years, but I'm back in the States now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are the Yankees contributing to this PED atmosphere by constantly rewarding players they know use with contracts?

[/QUOTE]

Only a goofball like pike would make this connection.

Who was that SS the Sox had a couple years back who had Ike Turner tendencies with his wife?

There have been so many at SS I can't remember his name he played earlier for Tampa.

He bounced her head off the windshield.

Like the Yankees have a monopoly on wife beaters.

Maybe Ike Turner was on PEDs too.

[/QUOTE]

Will Cordero? Or was it Julio Lugo? Either way, neither played for the Yanks but both did play for the Sox. Kim, response?

[/QUOTE]

You know what I loved the most? The "retooled" Colon. But don't blame the Yankees, they had absolutely no idea. lol

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. However, given all the info out there, and your obsession with this & believing the RS FO is immune is part of your fan based pathology.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are the Yankees contributing to this PED atmosphere by constantly rewarding players they know use with contracts?

[/QUOTE]

Who was that SS the Sox had a couple years back who had Ike Turner tendencies with his wife?

There have been so many at SS I can't remember his name he played earlier for Tampa.

[/QUOTE]

Will Cordero? Or was it Julio Lugo? Either way, neither played for the Yanks but both did play for the Sox. Kim, response?

[/QUOTE]

You know what I loved the most? The "retooled" Colon. But don't blame the Yankees, they had absolutely no idea. lol

[/QUOTE]

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. However, given all the info out there, and your obsession with this & believing the RS FO is immune is part of your fan based pathology.

[/QUOTE]

I post negative things about a rival team on my own team's board, but you, a Yankee fan, who only posts on a rival team's board and not his own team board even though he doesn't live anywhere near Yankeeland is OK? Uh, OK. Apparently, you're only interested in what Sox fans are saying about baseball. At least I'm not on a Yankee board insulting Yankee fans who talk about the Sox.

You still can't name any player the Red Sox hired that fits the description. Every player at the end of their career knows they possibly have the Yankees to fall back on if they can miraculously perform like they were in the prime of their career. The list is endless. And the Yankees will also help them out with a short porch.

Let's face it, PEDs are supposedly against the rules in baseball, but MLB makes a joke of it by suspending players for 50 games -- no matter how many times they are caught. If it's against the rules, you shouldn't be playing anymore. Period. And the Yankees constantly rewarding known users with contracts is just perpetuating the problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I post negative things about a rival team on my own team's board, but you, a Yankee fan, who only posts on a rival team's board and not his own team board even though he doesn't live anywhere near Yankeeland is OK? Uh, OK. Apparently, you're only interested in what Sox fans are saying about baseball. At least I'm not on a Yankee board insulting Yankee fans who talk about the Sox.

You still can't name any player the Red Sox hired that fits the description. Every player at the end of their career knows they possibly have the Yankees to fall back on if they can miraculously perform like they were in the prime of their career. The list is endless. And the Yankees will also help them out with a short porch.

Let's face it, PEDs are supposedly against the rules in baseball, but MLB makes a joke of it by suspending players for 50 games -- no matter how many times they are caught. If it's against the rules, you shouldn't be playing anymore. Period. And the Yankees constantly rewarding known users with contracts is just perpetuating the problem.

[/QUOTE]

Mentioning what kind of board this is is a fallback when you know your argument is shot full of holes; and, since you think Manny, Ortiz et all were "pure" when on the RS, and given your  denial regarding facts, such as those clubhouse guys who were abruptly let go a while back & Ortiz's pathetic charade, plus your twisted hostile accusations regarding the NYY & umpires, & even this board, you're delusional as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mentioning what kind of board this is is a fallback when you know your argument is shot full of holes; and, since you think Manny, Ortiz et all were "pure" when on the RS, and given your  denial regarding facts, such as those clubhouse guys who were abruptly let go a while back & Ortiz's pathetic charade, plus your twisted hostile accusations regarding the NYY & umpires, you're delusional as well.

[/QUOTE]

Again, the players you talk about were not at the end of their careers when they were signed by the Red Sox. You're talking about who you believe to be using steroids while on the Sox. I'm talking about rewarding contracts to known users at the end of their careers, which is the Yankees' forte.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mentioning what kind of board this is is a fallback when you know your argument is shot full of holes; and, since you think Manny, Ortiz et all were "pure" when on the RS, and given your  denial regarding facts, such as those clubhouse guys who were abruptly let go a while back & Ortiz's pathetic charade, plus your twisted hostile accusations regarding the NYY & umpires, you're delusional as well.

[/QUOTE]

Again, the players you talk about were not at the end of their careers when they were signed by the Red Sox. You're talking about who you believe to be using steroids while on the Sox. I'm talking about rewarding contracts to known users at the end of their careers, which is the Yankees' forte.

[/QUOTE]

Again, I believe you're probably wonderful in many ways, but this rivalry has made you nuts, and I'm nuts to try to reason with you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am quite certain that this "enahancing charge" is gender based in it's actual application in nearly every case. Identity politics is the reason for the phrase and  "domesitc violence". These laws aren't passed to improve the administration of justice, they are passed to attract identity based voting blocks.

[...]

"Domestic Violence" and "hate crimes" are class identity political calling cards that have nothing to do with criminal justice. Crimes against the person, assualt, battery, mayhem, murder are based on justice, not this illegitimate crusade called "social justice". 

[/QUOTE]

THe statute is written in a gender-neutral form, but you're probably correct that it is applied more often to male defendants than female.   The truth of the matter is men more frequently assault women than the reverse.

However, I have indeed defended female clients who have been charged with battery, with a domestic violence enhancer.  In my experience, the DAs who make the charging decisions try to be evenhanded, sometimes to a fault.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

From the Wisconsin Statutes:

968.075€ƒ  Domestic abuse incidents; arrest and prosecution.

(1)€‚  Definitions. In this section:

(a) "Domestic abuse" means any of the following engaged in by an adult person against his or her spouse or former spouse, against an adult with whom the person resides or formerly resided or against an adult with whom the person has a child in common:

1. Intentional infliction of physical pain, physical injury or illness.

2. Intentional impairment of physical condition.

3. A violation of  s. 940.225 (1)(2) or  (3).

4. A physical act that may cause the other person reasonably to fear imminent engagement in the conduct described under  subd. 1.2. or  3.

(b) "Law enforcement agency" has the meaning specified in  s. 165.83 (1) (b).

(d) "Party" means a person involved in a domestic abuse incident.

(e) "Predominant aggressor" means the most significant, but not necessarily the first, aggressor in a domestic abuse incident.  

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/document/statutes/968.075

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Here is the penalty enhancement statute:

939.621   Increased penalty for certain domestic abuse offenses.

(1) In this section, "domestic abuse repeater" means either of the following:

(a) A person who commits, during the 72 hours immediately following an arrest for a domestic abuse incident as set forth in  s. 968.075 (5), an act of domestic abuse, as defined in  s. 968.075 (1) (a) that constitutes the commission of a crime. For the purpose of the definition under this paragraph, the 72-hour period applies whether or not there has been a waiver by the victim under  s. 968.075 (5) (c).

(b) A person who was convicted, on 2 separate occasions, of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a court imposed a domestic abuse surcharge under  s.973.055 (1) or waived a domestic abuse surcharge pursuant to  s. 973.055 (4), during the 10-year period immediately prior to the commission of the crime for which the person presently is being sentenced, if the convictions remain of record and unreversed. For the purpose of the definition under this paragraph, it is immaterial that sentence was stayed, withheld or suspended, or that the person was pardoned, unless such pardon was granted on the ground of innocence. In computing the preceding 10-year period, time that the person spent in actual confinement serving a criminal sentence shall be excluded.

(2) €‚If a person commits an act of domestic abuse, as defined in  s. 968.075 (1) (a) and the act constitutes the commission of a crime, the maximum term of imprisonment for that crime may be increased by not more than 2 years if the person is a domestic abuse repeater. The victim of the domestic abuse crime does not have to be the same as the victim of the domestic abuse incident that resulted in the prior arrest or conviction. The penalty increase under this section changes the status of a misdemeanor to a felony.  

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/document/statutes/939.621

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slow, boring winter here. The UConn BB girls who are ranked #2 play Stanford which is ranked #1 at 4 pm today on ESPNU.

[/QUOTE]

That should be a good game. 

Didn't Stanford (or was it Baylor?) end CT's 80-something game winning streak two years ago?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slow, boring winter here. The UConn BB girls who are ranked #2 play Stanford which is ranked #1 at 4 pm today on ESPNU.

[/QUOTE]

That was pretty good.  Thanks for the chuckle.  Man, do I miss hockey!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

There is no greater bigory in history than the current bigotry with regards to males and females.

[/QUOTE]

Historically, I agree with you that women have suffered most and still suffer most today.  But future generations will look at homophobic bigots like you as worse than the Apartheid governments of South Africa.

Desmond Tutu: "Equally, I cannot keep quiet while people are being penalized for something about which they can do nothing -- their sexuality. To discriminate against our sisters and brothers who are lesbian or gay on grounds of their sexual orientation for me is as totally unacceptable and unjust as apartheid ever was."

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Jones, pack your bags and head over to Japan.  Say hi to Dice-K for me. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]

The wife Andruw Jones accused him of dragging her down a staircase, grabbing her neck and saying he wanted to kill her. Ummmm. It could be because someone chose to spell his name Andruw instead of Andrew, and he's had to deal with that all his life. Oooor it could be he has rage issues that could be contributed to something else.

[/QUOTE]

Kim, if Jones never played for the Yankees, you would never have posted this.....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.