Andruw Jones to Yankees again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again

Another missed opportunity by BC. NBoth Andruw and Darren Oliver, two solid veterans that would have completed the positional and BP voids, have been scooped up by smarter people.
    But wait we have Ryan Sweeney, his 1 HR per year will more tha make up for power we lost in RF.
    and
    Andrew Bailey appears to be a solid closer, even though he comes from a small market ALW team and gets hammered by ALE east teams. CC Syndrome?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

DID YOU LOOK AT ANDRUW'S STATS FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS BEFORE STIRRING THE POT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Folks are we really worrying about Jones and Chavez? While they have been productuve player's early in their carrer's and are both good people, let's not act like the power and balance of the AL east hung on these two guy;s signing with the Yankee's. Their best baseball are far behind them, and actually both may not even make it thru a full year. Yes Jones can hit a few HR's, and Chavez is[was] a good glove with fair power, but let's not be so deprssed with their signing in NY.[actually Chavez is not yet signed for 2012, or even in the Yankee plans as of now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : The Yankees can have Jones. His best years are well behind him. Besides, we already have a player (Papi) who doesn't like to run to 1st base.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

For 2 million...the Sox have nothing that approaches this guy...best years behind him or not he is head and shoulders above anything the Sox have coming off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 2/1/2011
    Last: 12/31/2011
    Another missed opportunity by BC

Another great decision not to sign him by BC!

He strikes out WAYYYY too much and has a major hole in his longggg swing.  Add to it bad knees -- you have an overpayed pinch hitter that can't run and doesn't put the ball in play enough.

It amazes me how stupid some people on this board are-- especially Softy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

AlibiIke isn't stupid, he is just  "stirring the pot" and that is considered by many to be "trolling".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Eric Chavez was a great defensive 3B with Oakland and had a good leftanded bat.  Unfortunately Eric missed so many games games with injuries the A's thought could end his career. Billy Beane was so concerned Eric's injuries were dibilitating, he did not re-sign him and that is why he was available to the Yankees.  Because of the time A-Rod missed last season and the time Jeter missed, Eric Chavez played defensively as well as DH and a little 1B, but is seems doubtful the Yankees will sign Eric again and the Red Sox with Youkilis, Aviles, Scutaro and Punto all having experience playing 3B, it seems doubtful the Red Sox would have a use for Chavez, also because of his lefty bat.  Because of Ryan Sweeney defensive skills, and the Red Sox traded 1 lefthanded hitter, Josh Reddick, for another, Sweeney has some value, maybe even more with Ryan Kalish's return to being available, maybe until May or June, Sweeney has value, but don't see Red Sox going after another lefthanded hitter, even a good defensive 3B who at one time was great 3B, particularly also with Will Middlebrooks waiting in AAA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : Agree with you that Chavez is still a good ball player.  If I want to weaken the Yankees's defense, I would steal Chavez cuz I know A-Rod will keep having trouble to stay healthy for the entire season.  But the problem is that Chavez is a leftie!!  Boston just have way too much lefties on the roster plus I wanted to see Middlebrook to play often at 3B this year.  So that way Ben can evaluate him whether he is ready to play for the 2013 seaon or not if Youkilis is going to walk away from the club after the 2012 season!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Youk can not "walk away" for the 2013 season.  It's completely up to the discrection of the Sox; it's the Sox option.  I don't see the Sox letting Youk go.  I'd like to see Ortiz for one more year (2012) and Youk go all out full time one more year at 3B.  Beginning in 2013, Youk could be the primary DH while still seeing time at both corners

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

As far as Jones goes, he's not very good at all.

Makes me suspicious over his 2005 season.  He was probably the best player in the game that year and then fell off the earth......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"So because Pedroia was injured for a season it detracts from his ability?

When a player is injured he can't play, that doesn't diminish his ability to play at the major league level."

So you're trying to tell me that a guy being injured for a season is the same as a guy not being healthy for 4 consecutive yrs??

Once again dude, I just disagree with your logic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]"So because Pedroia was injured for a season it detracts from his ability? When a player is injured he can't play, that doesn't diminish his ability to play at the major league level." So you're trying to tell me that a guy being injured for a season is the same as a guy not being healthy for 4 yrs is the same thing?? Once again dude, I just disagree with your logic.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

I see that you're one of these folks who likes to take the initial debate away from the original discussion/point and down a new highway.

Aside from all the points - counter points bottom line is, and my original point is when healthy and on the field which he displayed just last season, Chavez is still a very good effective ballplayer. End of story

So we disagree. This is a dead horse.  Have a great day nice talking with you, happy new year..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Eh......who cares.....