Andruw Jones to Yankees again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Andruw Jones to Yankees again

Mlbtraderumors.com just reported Jones agreed to sign with Yankees for $2MM base salary and $1.4MM in incentives.  Good move by Yanks.

Deal is pending a physical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again

Surprisingly, Jones didn’t even get a raise. He had a $2M base salary with $1.2M in incentives last year. He liked playing in the Bronx and was well liked by his teammates.

Good pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

More strippers venues in the Big Apple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaythis. Show kimsaythis's posts

This is a Red Sox board.  Why is there a thread about the Yankees?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Jones Dogging it to 1st last year...no thanks...Andruw Jones

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again:
    [QUOTE]Jones Dogging it to 1st last year...no thanks...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I'd like to point out that it is hard to detect his base speed with the evidence you've provided for us..

Am I missing something here? Like click the photo and it activates video?

He certainly isn't the ballplayers that he once was, but I don't recall and I watched all the Yankee games last season, a situation where Jones did not run the bases full tilt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

New York has two excellent bench players in Jones and Chavez.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Thought Chavez is still unsigned. 

Well, Jones would have gone to either team.  But to make him to feel more comforable instead becoming an enemy, he rather to stay as a Yankee.  He probably have simular offer from Boston.  Why bother to move from one city to another if the offer is approximately close to each other.

But thought that Jones would like to play for Boston cuz he knew Boston need a RF while the Yankees have the same three OF's.  Alos that is Jones's position to fight for in the Red Sox's spring training.  Guess he rather to stay overweight and be a bench player for the rest of his life!!

He is too talent to be a bench player!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Actually Jones had to have his knees drained every two months.

I for one was not for his signing but he did respond to the treatment in a big way it hepled his mobility in the field and he mashed left handed pitching.

Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Jones had to have his knees drained every two months. I for one was not for his signing but he did respond to the treatment in a big way it hepled his mobility in the field and he mashed left handed pitching. Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that Chavez is still a good ball player.  If I want to weaken the Yankees's defense, I would steal Chavez cuz I know A-Rod will keep having trouble to stay healthy for the entire season.  But the problem is that Chavez is a leftie!!  Boston just have way too much lefties on the roster plus I wanted to see Middlebrook to play often at 3B this year.  So that way Ben can evaluate him whether he is ready to play for the 2013 seaon or not if Youkilis is going to walk away from the club after the 2012 season!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : Agree with you that Chavez is still a good ball player.  If I want to weaken the Yankees's defense, I would steal Chavez cuz I know A-Rod will keep having trouble to stay healthy for the entire season.  But the problem is that Chavez is a leftie!!  Boston just have way too much lefties on the roster plus I wanted to see Middlebrook to play often at 3B this year.  So that way Ben can evaluate him whether he is ready to play for the 2013 seaon or not if Youkilis is going to walk away from the club after the 2012 season!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I can't disagree on Arod, the Yankees need him healthy in 2012, I can't say for sure after the past two seasons if he can play the season relatively healthy.

But I believe that even if he needs down time that once Montero settles into the DH roll that he and Cano will be the two most productive hitters in that line-up and that they will be hard pressed to remove Montero from the DH position even for ARod.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"New York has two excellent bench players in Jones and Chavez."

"Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy."

"Agree with you that Chavez is still a good ball player."

WOW!!  I hope you guys are just kidding.  The last time he had an OPS over .700 or had more than 160 AB's in a season was 2007.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]"New York has two excellent bench players in Jones and Chavez." "Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy." "Agree with you that Chavez is still a good ball player." WOW!!  I hope you guys are just kidding.  The last time he had an OPS over .700 or had more than 160 AB's in a season was 2007.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah that would be when he was healthy.

That's why I wrote:

Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I'd like to point out that it is hard to detect his base speed with the evidence you've provided for us..

I'm sorry, but I have to disagee.  The first base coach is blurrier than Jones, which means he is moving faster...and he is going nowhere!

That said, I wish the Sox could have signed him for the same money.  He would have been a great RH power bat fit for Boston, IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Ah yeah that would be when he was healthy.

That's why I wrote:

Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy."

Yeah, but after 4 yrs, I think he's pretty much proven that he can't stay healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]"Ah yeah that would be when he was healthy. That's why I wrote: Chavez is still out there, a good ballplayer if he can stay healthy ." Yeah, but after 4 yrs, I think he's pretty much proven that he can't stay healthy .

Yeah tell us something that none of us know.

If this something you think that you alone have uncovered?

It's why he has for the past few seasons become a part time player.

This is why he is not yet signed.

He was going to retire this season because of the injuries but has decided to play again in 2012.

I guess retirement is still a possibility.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

'Yeah tell us something that none of us know.

If this something you think that you alone have uncovered?"

No, that's not what I think at all.  I was just responding to 3 comments that I strongly disagree with.  When a guy hasn't done crap in 4 yrs, I don't understand how people can say he's a good ballplayerIf anyone said he was a good ballplayer, I wouldn't have disagreed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]'Yeah tell us something that none of us know. If this something you think that you alone have uncovered?" No, that's not what I think at all.  I was just responding to 3 comments that I strongly disagree with.  When a guy hasn't done crap in 4 yrs, I don't understand how people can say he's a good ballplayer .  If anyone said he was a good ballplayer , I wouldn't have disagreed.

So because Pedroia was injured for a season it detracts from his ability?

When a player is injured he can't play, that doesn't diminish his ability to play at the major league level.

Chavez is obviously held in high esteem around the league despite what you may think of him.

The reason he was signed last season by the Yankees is because he is a solid SS with a good bat, the reason they may not sign him this season is because he cannot stay healthy.

Health and ability are two very different things. When Eric Chavez is on the field he's a very good ballplayer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : So because Pedroia was injured for a season it detracts from his ability? When a player is injured he can't play, that doesn't diminish his ability to play at the major league level. Chavez is obviously held in high esteem around the league despite what you may think of him. The reason he was signed last season by the Yankees is because he is a solid SS with a good bat, the reason they may not sign him this season is because he cannot stay healthy. Health and ability are two very different things. When Eric Chavez is on the field he's a very good ballplayer.

Doesn't make sense to include Pedroia in a discussion with Chavez. Pedroia is a very good player while Chavez was a very good player. The difference in age and health makes a bad comparison between the two.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : I'd like to point out that it is hard to detect his base speed with the evidence you've provided for us.. I'm sorry, but I have to disagee.  The first base coach is blurrier than Jones, which means he is moving faster...and he is going nowhere! That said, I wish the Sox could have signed him for the same money.  He would have been a great RH power bat fit for Boston, IMO.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

The Yankees can have Jones. His best years are well behind him. Besides, we already have a player (Papi) who doesn't like to run to 1st base.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : Doesn't make sense to include Pedroia in a discussion with Chavez. Pedroia is a very good player while Chavez  was a very good player. The difference in age and health makes a bad comparison between the two.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

I wasn't comparing their talent or ability, was trying to make a point.

Chavez is only 34 years old that's not old for an infielder or a ballplayer, look the ages around the league.

Like Nick johnson who also couldn't stay on the field.

Chavez won 6 gold gloves before 2007 when his injuries began for the most part.

When he was on the field for the Yankees last season he played like a GG winner.

He can't stay healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : I wasn't comparing their talent or ability, was trying to make a point. Chavez is only 34 years old that's not old for an infielder or a ballplayer, look the ages around the league. Like Nick johnson who also couldn't stay on the field. Chavez won 6 gold gloves before 2007 when his injuries began for the most part. When he was on the field for the Yankees last season he played like a GG winner. He can't stay healthy.

I do see your point. As I said, Chavez was a very good player. His inability to stay healthy has changed that. Whoever signs him for this season will be getting a player who hasn't been able to play a full season in 4 years. As a player who would fill in at 3rd or DH, he might be a good fit for the Yankees. His days as an everyday player appear to be over.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andruw Jones to Yankees again : I do see your point. As I said, Chavez was a very good player. His inability to stay healthy has changed that. Whoever signs him for this season will be getting a player who hasn't been able to play a full season in 4 years. As a player who would fill in at 3rd or DH, he might be a good fit for the Yankees. His days as an everyday player appear to be over.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

I agree. Whoever signs him understands that he will more than likely be a risk.

I don't know whether the Yankees will sign him because of his injuries last season knowing that Arod has been injury prone the past few years the Yankees actually need a backup to play a few times a week and one who can stay healthy.

After all consider they let Aceves walk because of his back history.
    Not to mention the problems they had after signing Nick Johnson and Carl Pavano.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just like Ortiz huh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Andruw Jones has had a dismal BA in the last five years. Yanks took on a risk last year in signing him.

Sections
Shortcuts