Angels clearing salary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Angels clearing salary

Trade Ervin to the Royals for a minor league player. Ervin had a tough year last year, but a good August and September.

were the RS in on this? 

Will Haren be offered in a similar deal?

will Trumbo, Mroales or Beourgois become available?

Angels apparently clearing salary to go all in on Greinke. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Angels clearing salary

Trumbo's not going anywhere I would imagine. He's still very young (26 I think). Morales I would love as a replacement for Ortiz. He had a freak injury, then got supplanted by Trumbo and Pujols. I'm sure the guy would leap at the opportunity to move on. He signed a 1 year deal to avoid arbitration last year...not sure, but is he a FA? He turns 30, he might have one year of control left. Shouldn't cost too much in a trade if he still is controlled.

Haren is probably available for a similiar deal. He has injury concerns, but for a lower level prospect, I'd cough up his 1 year option (13 maybe?).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Think the Angels is going to go hard at Grienke which that is why they are freeing up some money.

Trumbo isnt going anywhere since Vernon Well is possible going to be traded (I do not know how they can do it) and Hunter is going to walk away.  That is 2/4th of OF that they could lose during this off season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If the Sox want Harden they should expand the trade to include Wells and cash, in exchange for Pimental and Nava or Kalish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Red Sox Interested In Dan Haren By  Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 1 at 9:00am CST]

The Red Sox are among the teams interested in Dan Haren, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports (on Twitter). The Angels appear to be working to trade Haren and have been weighing possible deals for at least three days.

Haren's contract includes a $15.5MM option with a $3.5MM buyout. The Angels are expected to decline the option if they don’t complete a trade first. Yesterday GM Jerry Dipoto sent Ervin Santana to Kansas City for minor league left-hander Brandon Sisk in a move that could be a precursor to a trade involving Haren.

The 32-year-old started 30 games for the Angels this past season. He posted a 4.33 ERA with 7.2 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 176 2/3 innings, numbers that fall short of his career norms.

2  0  8

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#8FCtzqAp8JQUUCWT.99 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

If the Sox want Harden they should expand the trade to include Wells and cash, in exchange for Pimental and Nava or Kalish.

BUT FORGET WELLS!!  I DONT EVEN WANT HIM!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

NO to Vernon Wells.  There is a reason why Toronto got rid of him and the Angels are stuck with him.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I like Haren.  He did well with Oakland, St. Louis and the Angels.  

Haren is also a work horse.  I hope the Red Sox get him.  

Cherington should ask the Angels if they want Lackey back.  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Dan Haren could be a good fit in Boston.

The estimated $12 million net salary for 2013 might be a slight overpay, but the Sox would be on the hook for only a single year (as opposed the the long-term commitments awaiting free agent pitchers of comparable talent).

Would a bullpen arm be enough to acquire Haren if the Angels kick in the $3.5 million the Halos would otherwise pay in the buyout of a declined option?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The estimated $12 million net salary for 2013 might be a slight overpay, but the Sox would be on the hook for only a single year (as opposed the the long-term commitments awaiting free agent pitchers of comparable talent).

Would a bullpen arm be enough to acquire Haren if the Angels kick in the $3.5 million the Halos would otherwise pay in the buyout of a declined option?

I agree with you.  I like Haren a lot (I sound like I know the guy LOL).  

A work horse, drama-free (unlike A-Rod or Manny), and a team player.  

The Angels need bullpen help too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

I agree that Haren would slide into the rotation nicely.  Now that Peavy is signed, I think Haren is the most logical option.  The best thing about him is that he doesn't issue walks, which is something the Sox staff needs to get back to.  What will it take to get him in a trade? A bullpen arm, which the Halo's need, plus a prospect outside the top 15?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

I agree that Haren would slide into the rotation nicely.  Now that Peavy is signed, I think Haren is the most logical option.  The best thing about him is that he doesn't issue walks, which is something the Sox staff needs to get back to.  What will it take to get him in a trade? A bullpen arm, which the Halo's need, plus a prospect outside the top 15?

I am wondering if Workman or Wilson, plus Cechini would ge it done?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Haren, not Harden. Why in Gods name would you want Wells??? Are you feeling ok?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I read that the Angels would kick in the 3.5mm buyout tag if they traded him. 12mm is a bit much, but like you said, its only 1 year. I can live with that if he passes the physical.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I read that the Angels would kick in the 3.5mm buyout tag if they traded him. 12mm is a bit much, but like you said, its only 1 year. I can live with that if he passes the physical.

it appears that his problem last year was with his back, not arm, elbow/shoulder. Looking at his post DL stint numbers, it seems he bounced back to norm.

I could never quite figure out Haren. He really has pitched quite well over the years, innings eater, with quite mediocre pitch repetoire. Averaged 90-91 on his fastball last year.

I think with the dearth of pitching this year, and the related costs due to the shortage, Haren is a good gamble for 1 year and $12M. I dont think he is quite the "answer" to the SOx pitching needs, as I think they need more a #1 or #2 along side Lester/Buch.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Yes Haren is a work horse. If he's like another work horse ( lackey ) We could have two Clydsdales that will be pulling our BUD Wagon. Thats just what we need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Yes Haren is a work horse. If he's like another work horse ( lackey ) We could have two Clydsdales that will be pulling our BUD Wagon. Thats just what we need.

I am in favor of giving LAckey a chance to show he is healthy and knows how to pitch. He was 93 on the gun at the end of this year. RS need pitching, I say give him a chance

Sections
Shortcuts