Anibal reunion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Anibal reunion?

I mentioned this a few months back and still feel the same way.  I always wondered since the day we traded for Lowell and Beckett how the trade would turn out for both clubs. 

It worked out well for us, but I would still love to have Anibal back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Anibal reunion?

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I mentioned this a few months back and still feel the same way.  I always wondered since the day we traded for Lowell and Beckett how the trade would turn out for both clubs. 

The way he pitched today?  I'd take him back in a milisecond. Unfortunately he's not coming back Craze.  We'll have to get our pitching reinforcements somewhere else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

The way he pitched today?  I'd take him back in a milisecond. Unfortunately he's not coming back Craze.  We'll have to get our pitching reinforcements somewhere else.

Hey Fred,

Anibal has always had some special stuff.  I was really upset when we made the original trade because it was obvious that ST before the trade that Hanley, especially was ready for the majors and both had a chance at nice careers.  Lowell turned out to be the balancing factor so it worked out better than I expected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Detroit will re-sign Anibal  I'd be surprised if the terms had not already been discussed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Verlander Fister Sanchez - that is a good 1-3.....  Detroit needs him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Verlander Fister Sanchez - that is a good 1-3.....  Detroit needs him.

Let's not forget Max Scherzer with his 4.6 WAR and Rick Porcello with the 2.9 WAR this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Porcello will be dealt this offseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Why will they deal Porcello, he's young and affordable

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I mentioned his name at the deadline too. I doubt the Tigers let him walk, so unfortunately I dont see him wearing a Sox uni again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

He might be worth acquiring. Good stuff, just needs some fine tuning.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I mentioned his name at the deadline too. I doubt the Tigers let him walk, so unfortunately I dont see him wearing a Sox uni again.

Well, lets hope Anibal is smart enough to listen to all offers "not only the Tigers" and choose where he wants to play long term.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Detroit will re-sign Anibal  I'd be surprised if the terms had not already been discussed. 

If he decides to enter the FA market, then we have a shot. My guess is he will figure there is a bigger payday to be had. The only problem is he will want 5+ years and I think the Sox are now too gunshy on these long-term contracts.

My guess is he goes to NY or Baltimore if the Tigers can't keep him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Well, lets hope Anibal is smart enough to listen to all offers "not only the Tigers" and choose where he wants to play long term.

Money aside, why would Anibal Sanchez want to pitch for the Red Sox in their current state?

The Red Sox play in a hitter's ballpark, reputedly in a hitter's division, coming off a 93-loss season and three years without a postseason appearance.

The Sox might be bettered served developing from within.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Oh dear dog, not another attack of SSSism.  162-game career averages (both reasonable sample sizes):

Cool guy:

11-12, 3.75 ERA, 1.346 WHIP, 7.6 K/9, 2.29 K/W

Uncool guy:

12-11, 4.41 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 6.0 K/9, 1.76 K/W

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

disregard

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Why will they deal Porcello, he's young and affordable

Exactly.  Plus his groundball-heavy pitching style doesn't work well with the horrensous infield defense.

Unless he can alter his style like Fister did and become more of a strikeout pitcher, he is a player that the Tigers cannot use to the best of his abilities, but plenty of other teams will be able to and will be willing to compensate the Tigers for.

Boston should pay attention if/when Porcello becomes available...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive kinda changed my stance on this. I believe he should, and will listen to all offers. I would make an offer of 4yrs to him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive kinda changed my stance on this. I believe he should, and will listen to all offers. I would make an offer of 4yrs to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Anibal and his agent are open minded to what his worth really is be southpaw.  If he continues to pitch well I think the Tigers may have a difficult time signing him unless he really likes playing Detroit.

Sox have a shot at Anibal and McCarthy in my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts