another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more?

no lovelace issues here, just about how he reflexively blurts out stuff best left unsaid or kept inhouse. last night after the game he unnecessarily volunteered that craw's wrist is sore as opposed to just saying nothing about that and limiting his comments to 'manager's decision", or "just felt it was time to give other guys a shot to keep them fresh as well" and so forth as to y crawsome came out of the game. from day one, with the youk comment that permanently alienated the 2 of them, to constantlY volunteering details on strategy, injuries and players' psyches, bv will be served best by connecting more to his INNER BELICHICK. less really is more sometimes. i still like bv, BUT something should be discussed with him in the mode of how they reached bill james when he started doing interviews about joe paterno.

the media's not your friend, how hard is that to grasp? more openness and voluntary disclosures just lead to more dram and chaos esp when the player (craw) had no clue he had mentioned his issues. craw was shocked he would even go there. same deal with the 4 day and tommy john thing. this team has to work on there media ball-faking startegies and coverall communication dynamics. that's on BV!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more?

You gotta remember this isn't Bobby's 1st rodeo bro. Some managers, like Francona, are comfortable spinning yarns rather than admitting the truth about why a player isn't there, or anything else. Why should Bobby take heat for not playing the recently hot hitting Crawford? "Man! Carl finally shows signs of life, and that idiot Bobby V. benches him!" I think he's decided to tell the truth, and let the chips fall where the responsibility lays. Kinda refreshing when you consider how much spinning and outright falsehood we've all endured for years. That being said, I think ALL managers of sports teams would do well to "channel his inner Belichick".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more?

Bobby V is doing just fine !!!! We need more of his candor !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

BV is asked everyday about the health status of the team's players and answers such queations. What is the beef?

• Crawford left the game with what Bobby Valentine described as a "minor" issue with his surgically repaired wrist.

"It was a little sore today. It is what it is. I've been playing with pain the whole time I've been back. It's just one of those things where it's a little more sore than other days today," said Crawford, who said another injection could be the answer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more?:
    [QUOTE]BV is asked everyday about the health status of the team's players and answers such queations. What is the beef? • Crawford left the game with what Bobby Valentine described as a "minor" issue with his surgically repaired wrist. "It was a little sore today. It is what it is. I've been playing with pain the whole time I've been back. It's just one of those things where it's a little more sore than other days today," said Crawford, who said another injection could be the answer.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]craw only reacted in detail because bv started the train moving.. giving media the childish excuse to say wee he already told us and spilled the beans. had he not done so, cc would have plaed it off as he should have. now if he does get hurt, they'll say bv played him too much or something else that distracts. bb would have said upper arm or upper body issue or just that he takes precaution with everyone, carls' not any different than anyone else.. try getting him to tell u y gronk missed practice yesterday.. good luk!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Crawford has been playing injured ( sore elbow) since returning to the lineup a month ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: another BV mouth-control issue, does he need to channel his inner BELICHICK more? : craw only reacted in detail because bv started the train moving.. giving media the childish excuse to say wee he already told us and spilled the beans. had he not done so, cc would have plaed it off as he should have. now if he does get hurt, they'll say bv played him too much or something else that distracts. bb would have said upper arm or upper body issue or just that he takes precaution with everyone, carls' not any different than anyone else.. try getting him to tell u y gronk missed practice yesterday.. good luk!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

commie, i didn't see your thread, i started one too on the same subject. This BV is just an incredible "wet blanket" on the Sox season.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

That's the biggest problem with this organization, they are so damn secretive. I suppose we as fans are just supposed to be in the dark about anything concerning the RS and be content with it.

If more stuff was disclosed, we wouldn't jump to so many conclusions or make irresponsible assumptions.
    The truth explains many things. The truth will set you free.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Crawford is surprised that Valentine responded to reporters questions as to why he was taken out of the game early? Why? A normal question and the proper response.

Yes it is a concern to BV, the FO, and to RSN that CC has a sore wrist again and will need a cortisone shot. Is that unrealistic?

Sections
Shortcuts