ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......

I THINK THAT BEDARD & AVILIES WERE THE BEST/ONLY MOVES THAT WERE AVAILABLE WITHOUT CLEARING OUT THE BARN. NOW,  LET'S SEE IF BEDARD HAS ANYTHING LEFT ??  GOOD JOB THEO !!! WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU WISE T-BALLING G M's ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Re: ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......

Although disappointing that this is all we were able to do and given Buch's injury, I agree he did all that was possible w/o trading our blue chips.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLS-DAD. Show BILLS-DAD's posts

SON, THEO COULD ACQUIRE A BAG OF BALLS AND YOU WOULD START A THREAD ABOUT WHAT A GREAT JOB HE DID.   AS USUAL, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......:
    [QUOTE]SON, THEO COULD ACQUIRE A BAG OF BALLS AND YOU WOULD START A THREAD ABOUT WHAT A GREAT JOB HE DID.   AS USUAL, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.
    Posted by BILLS-DAD[/QUOTE] WOW !!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]SON, THEO COULD ACQUIRE A BAG OF BALLS AND YOU WOULD START A THREAD ABOUT WHAT A GREAT JOB HE DID.   AS USUAL, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

Posted by BILLS-DAD[/QUOTE]

Ding....ding....ding....We have a winner!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

uh oh, sounds like someone might be getting grounded....Tongue outWink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

Posted by BILLS-DAD[/QUOTE]

well stated and thank you.
    your son bill and theo met at a menses meeting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from letsgosox33. Show letsgosox33's posts

Theo did a good job in not depleting our farm system anymore than it already is following the string of recent trades. That being said, the Buchholz size hole in our rotation won't be filled by Bedard, Wakefield and Miller combined. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Well, players can still be had.  Unfortunately, they will be the type with really bloated contracts if they are decent.  Still, one never knows.....

Bedard is a risk, but one who could pay off.  Buch being out for the season, though, makes one think the Sox needed more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]Theo did a good job in not depleting our farm system anymore than it already is following the string of recent trades. That being said, the Buchholz size hole in our rotation won't be filled by Bedard, Wakefield and Miller combined. 
    Posted by letsgosox33[/QUOTE]

agreed but he could be back in October if David Wright only needed 2 months to come back from the same injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

If Bedard can stay healthy (and that's a big IF) trading the AA talent he did for a possible half season "rental" will be worth it!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

While I agree that Theo did the best he could at the deadline, the real issue is why didn't Theo start looking for a starter a good month ago?

We'll never know just what he could have landed had he not waited until the last minute.  Specifically, when he had a ML trade chip at the time (Pre-Injury Jed Lowrie)........That's the issue you should be adressing Bill........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]While I agree that Theo did the best he could at the deadline, the real issue is why didn't Theo start looking for a starter a good month ago? We'll never know just what he could have landed had he not waited until the last minute.  Specifically, when he had a ML trade chip at the time (Pre-Injury Jed Lowrie)........That's the issue you should be adressing Bill........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]  I THINK THAT IT IS SAFE TO SAY, THAT HE WAS/HAS BEEN LOOKING SINCE BACK IN MAY.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, his answer back in May was to claim Kevin Millwood so I really don't think he was looking for a middle of the rotation starter, he was looking for an extra starter who may get a few starts mid-season.......and that is where Theo fell short. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE...... : well stated and thank you. your son bill and theo met at a menses meeting.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

They met at a meeting about menstruation?  (Look menses up in a dictionary.)  I think you meant mensa.  (Or maybe you did mean menses.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

your son bill and theo met at a menses meeting.

And obviously you were not at that meeting, or a mensa meeting either.  Menses is the blood and cellular debris that flows during a woman's menstration.  Twit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]your son bill and theo met at a menses meeting. And obviously you were not at that meeting, or a mensa meeting either.  Menses is the blood and cellular debris that flows during a woman's menstration.  Twit.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

excuse me. didn't mean to upset you, harpunter. it'S awful when somebody disrespects someone you love. i'm talking about inepstein, not bill; unless you love them both.
    oh yeah, one more thing, ESAD!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......:
    [QUOTE]   I THINK THAT BEDARD & AVILIES WERE THE BEST/ONLY MOVES THAT WERE AVAILABLE WITHOUT CLEARING OUT THE BARN. NOW,  LET'S SEE IF BEDARD HAS ANYTHING LEFT ??  GOOD JOB THEO !!! WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU WISE T-BALLING G M's ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Bill!  I think Theo did a very good job with his back more or less against the wall, knowing what the rest of us now know about Clay.

Theo didn't give up much, especially considering that 3 of the prospects traded were likely going to be unprotected Rule 5 picks anyway.

If Bedard stays healthy and pitches like he potentially can, (and I understand that's a big if), this trade could become a steal, IMO.

For those who wish Theo would have gotten a better pitcher, 1.  there wasn't much available, and 2.  if someone else better was available, do the Red Sox really have the trade chips to get a #2 type starter without jeopardizing the future of the team?

Kudos to Theo!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If you're going to throw insults, you should at least have command of the language you use.  That way you can fool some into thinking you're clever and knowledgeable.  Instead, you exposed yourself (yet again) as the ignoramus that you are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

"And obviously you were not at that meeting, or a mensa meeting either.  Menses is the blood and cellular debris that flows during a woman's menstration.  Twit. "

OMG, that was hilarious!

(although menses is no laughing matter)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

"While I agree that Theo did the best he could at the deadline, the real issue is why didn't Theo start looking for a starter a good month ago?"

I'm sure Theo was looking a month ago.  However, a month ago, some of the teams didn't know whether they would be sellers, and I'm guessing the price for any good starter would have been higher then than it would be nearer the deadline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]If you're going to throw insults, you should at least have command of the language you use.  That way you can fool some into thinking you're clever and knowledgeable.  Instead, you exposed yourself (yet again) as the ignoramus that you are.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

ironic that your avatar has a big hole; kind of describes you with an A in front of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]"And obviously you were not at that meeting, or a mensa meeting either.  Menses is the blood and cellular debris that flows during a woman's menstration.  Twit. " OMG, that was hilarious! (although menses is no laughing matter)
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

That was a riot.  No laughing matter indeed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE...... : That was a riot.  No laughing matter indeed!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

hey jimbo,
    why don't you go play in parhunter's hole.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts