ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from graffama. Show graffama's posts

Re: ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......

I'm disappointed that they had to give up Chih-Hsien Chiang. I've seen him a few times this season at Portland and he looks great. His bat speed and power make him look like a man among boys at this level. I think this one may be one that Theo comes to regret. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I agree with you I wish they had taken a chance with Harden if all they had to give up was anderson...."

it was Anderson and a PTBNL.  According to Gammons, the PTBNL was a pretty good pitching prospect in A Ball and the the Sox wanted protection in case Harden broke down.  Supposedly after seeing the medicals they didn't want to include the PTBNL if Harden didn't make 8 starts (I think that was Gammons number) or pitch in the post-season.   Oakland would not agree to that out clause and wouldn't make the deal without the PTBNL included.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

haha ya theo did a great job picking up an often injured starter to replace another often injured starter and a ss who was worth no more than a c level prospect but theo gave up navarro and another prospect. picking up a guy like ubaldo jimenez or hunter pence would not have "cleared out the barn". Do you have any idea how many prospects are in the minors? Do you realize how many new prospects get added every year? So we trade 3 or 4 good prospects for jimenez big deal. We would still have another 30 good ones. We dont need to have a home grown guy at every position. we already have home grown players at cf, right field, ss, 3B, 2B, closer, set up man, 2 starters. Thats pretty good. But hey, maybe theo will learn his lesson after this team does not even make it to the world series that if you go cheap, you get cheap. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to Re: ANOTHER GOOD JOB BY THEO AT T-DEADLINE......:
    [QUOTE]haha ya theo did a great job picking up an often injured starter to replace another often injured starter and a ss who was worth no more than a c level prospect but theo gave up navarro and another prospect. picking up a guy like ubaldo jimenez or hunter pence would not have "cleared out the barn". Do you have any idea how many prospects are in the minors? Do you realize how many new prospects get added every year? So we trade 3 or 4 good prospects for jimenez big deal. We would still have another 30 good ones. We dont need to have a home grown guy at every position. we already have home grown players at cf, right field, ss, 3B, 2B, closer, set up man, 2 starters. Thats pretty good. But hey, maybe theo will learn his lesson after this team does not even make it to the world series that if you go cheap, you get cheap. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
     Our farm system is one of the worst in Major League Baseball- if you think we have thirty good prospects, name them. Besides, I know this sounds crazy, but Jimenez isn't very good. A trade for him, according to Sean McAdams of Comcast SportsNet, would have required the following:
     Ranaudo (our future ace),
     Middlebrooks (our future third baseman),
     and two other prospects (likely Kalish and Lavarnway). All for a number 3 starter.
     You don't morgage the future for the present unless you have to. In 06, after we approached the Braves about acquiring Jarrod Saltalamacchia but they wanted too much, they saw that Coco Crisp was injured and offered us Andruw Jones, who was on his way to a 41 homer season, for Jon Lester. We refused. Look what became of Exibit A (Jones) compared to exibit B (Lester). In 08, when Varitek was injured and Buchholz was having a horrible year, the Rangers wanted Buchholz for Salty. We refused. Two years later, we get Salty for nothing and Buchholz has a great year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n