Another great catch by JBJ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Another great catch by JBJ

And this sparked a question to ask...how many of the folks who are wanting to give up on JBJ now are the same people who hated the Iglesias trade? I'm not looking for anyone to start slamming anyone else, but for real discussion. It seems to me they are fairly similar players...amazing defensively, but seeming to be a little light at the bat. The big difference is that Iglesias was always light with the bat, but hit pretty well last year in the bigs, and JBJ has a good minor league history at the plate, but can't seem to put it together in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Another great catch by JBJ

In response to jgallag1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And this sparked a question to ask...how many of the folks who are wanting to give up on JBJ now are the same people who hated the Iglesias trade? I'm not looking for anyone to start slamming anyone else, but for real discussion. It seems to me they are fairly similar players...amazing defensively, but seeming to be a little light at the bat. The big difference is that Iglesias was always light with the bat, but hit pretty well last year in the bigs, and JBJ has a good minor league history at the plate, but can't seem to put it together in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

go to redsox.com and check the stats for the last 30 days.  JBJ has a nice average, sit down before checking Xander's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Another great catch by JBJ

And on top of that JBJ was one of the better hitters with runners in scoring position when he was hitting fairly horribly early on. He will wind up being a good enough hitter to hold his own in the back portion of a lineup, and the defense will be the reason people love him. Xander, it seems, has been found out as a kid who has some trouble with the breaking ball...as I'm sure most kids do. Pitchers have made their adjustments on him. Now it's his turn to adjust. That's what the game is all about. Those two, along with Mookie and now Vazquez will be very fun to watch develop for the rest of the year. That should wind up being a pretty solid core for years to come. Imagine if Holt is for real, WMB ever winds up being healthy enough to play and any of the other young position players live up to expectations? I understand the frustration with this season, but I'm more than willing to endure it to see if they can't build some sort of dynasty.

Sections
Shortcuts