Another Major concern for final stretch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Another Major concern for final stretch

i love non better that Peddie, but he is not performing as a third hitter... Something is going wrong...it is a huge problem that should be solved....is he injured? ... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Another Major concern for final stretch

A "major" concern? I dont think so, although I will admit hes been slumping since the contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

A "major" concern? I dont think so, although I will admit hes been slumping since the contract.

He has not been producing like a typical third hitter... Even before contract... A line up shake up, including Napoli,  should take place asap,  this team needs a wake up call offensive wise...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

He has not been producing like a typical third hitter... Even before contract... A line up shake up, including Napoli,  should take place asap,  this team needs a wake up call offensive wise...

Most of that is his thumb. Hes batting almost .300. His production may not be your typical 3, but where else would he bat in this lineup considering who else is in it? Could you move Victorino to leadoff and Ellsbury to third? Thatd be about the only thing I can think of, but Farrell will not do it. But I agree that someone besides Napoli should be behind Ortiz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pedroia is batting third mostly out of necessity. He is not your prototypical number three hitter, but he has done a good job at it.His ideal spot is batting second. He is more of an on base guy than an RBI guy. Given the current roster, he is the logical choice to bat third. That could change if Bogaerts and/or Middlebrooks emerge as legitimate major league hitters. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Scenario:

If you trade Drew.

Send Snyder to AAA

Bring up both WMB and Xman for the left side infield.

Ells, Vic, Bogaerts, Ortiz, WMB, Carp, Nap, Salty and Pedroia

Try it for a week if it doesn't work do something else. Bring back Holt for another try.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Pedroia is batting third mostly out of necessity. He is not your prototypical number three hitter, but he has done a good job at it.His ideal spot is batting second. He is more of an on base guy than an RBI guy. Given the current roster, he is the logical choice to bat third. That could change if Bogaerts and/or Middlebrooks emerge as legitimate major league hitters. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

In the meantime, i would suggest Ellsb, pedroia, papi, carp-gomes platoon, , victorino, napoli and the rest...weak line up, yes, thats why trade is needed or someone from farm, a la Myers...there must be creativity...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pedroia might not be the ideal choice for batting third, but in this lineup he is the best choice.  He and Ortiz could flip flop with Pedey batting cleanup, which he has done well in the past, but the current arrangement is the best. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Pedroia might not be the ideal choice for batting third, but in this lineup he is the best choice.  He and Ortiz could flip flop with Pedey batting cleanup, which he has done well in the past, but the current arrangement is the best. 

Pedroia will be more comfortable mentally hitting second with  papi in third spot,  as it was in days when Manny made the difference... Today, anybody but Napoli behind David... he, Nap, Would be more comfortable too without that burden ... If Rays are leading the league with young Myers hitting clean-up, give a chance to Bogaerts... Why not?... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Pedey is and always has been a streaky hitter, so I'm not goin to freak out because he just signed a contract.  What I love about him is even when he slumps he still has productive at bats. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

He looks terrible at the plate. Why do people always stink as soon as they get paid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

ha ha .... Who do you bat third that will not get into slump. The major concerns are the posters on here

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

ha ha .... Who do you bat third that will not get into slump. The major concerns are the posters on here

[/QUOTE]

nothing more annoying than somebody trying to gloss over going 1-22 against our division rivals. Lets just hope he works his way out of the slump. Big contracts can destroy players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

If Ortiz goes into a slump do you bat him ninth. Draw names out of a hat and thats the batting order. You posters on here are something else..... Wow !

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Major concern ????   Is there any other !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nothing more annoying than somebody trying to gloss over going 1-22 against our division rivals. Lets just hope he works his way out of the slump. Big contracts can destroy players

[/QUOTE]

Is this a serious post? Is he not allowed to slump for the next 8.5 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is not about slump, P is a great ballplayer, perhaps the best in RS roster... But he is not a third hitter in any line-up... Period!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

big contract and then a slumps. Its not a coincidence. Pedroia probably thinks about his new deal everytime he is up. Im telling you, big contracts destroy players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Nobody else is really producing right now either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Single, HR, 2 runs, 3 RBIs.

Single, HR, 1 run, 3 RBIs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

i love non better that Peddie, but he is not performing as a third hitter... Something is going wrong...it is a huge problem that should be solved....is he injured? ... 

Something is wrong, but it's not with Pedey.  It's with your exaggerated reactionary response.  Chill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Javi?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

is this a serious post? Is he not allowed to slump for the next 8.5 years.

[/QUOTE]

big contract and then a slumps. Its not a coincidence. Pedroia probably thinks about his new deal everytime he is up. Im telling you, big contracts destroy players.

[/QUOTE]

You're reading to much into this. Pedey is 2/6 tonight with 3rbis. Players go into slumps, it happens. Pedey is one player who will not be affected by his new contract. He has too much of a level head for that. 

Hetch