Another Ortiz story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FE-517. Show FE-517's posts

Re: Another Ortiz story

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to FE-517's comment:

I'm still waiting for Big Floppy to clear up his own ROID allegations.  He has whined about being linked to the 2003 list repeatedly, but he never "cleared up the mess". Any sane fan knows he's a cheater, and if you don't, you can't read. Just look at his stats and overlay the years. If/when he gets caught, we'll just be looking at another Ryan Braun.

I am happy to see that most Red Sox fans on these forums saw Dumpster's actions as classless and over the top. However, for the "fans" in attendance, it was pathetic, as were the cheers of the fawning pink-hatters.

We all hate ArOD. I wish he would go away. But the players union negotiated the current CBA and the rights are the rights. Since Dumpster is a big union guy, maybe he should throw at his own empty head?

Good post Triumph...remember Manny was also one of the biggest offenders out there and he was Papi's BFF...I remember when he tested positive Papi made some lame excuse for him...sadly MLB players have a fraternity of sorts that goes beyond team rivalry...it's called privilige and they are all in that exclusive club...

I thank you. I just think there's so much hypocrisy to go around its hard to figure out who the real villains are.

And none bigger than Bud Selig. They were happy to collect the booming revenues after the 1994 strike ended and the homers were flying out at unprecedented rates. McGwire vs Sosa. Followed by Bonds.

What was Bud Lite® doing then? Nada.

I think the biggest frauds are the guys who never got caught. I'm a Yankee fan, but I thought Pettitte's excuse was absolute BS too.

Maybe we'll all think different when we see what MLB actually has on ARod, but at this point, I think Selig overreached.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I guess we now know that Ortiz wasn't getting advice from Arod on hitting against the Giant's pitching staff.  0 for 5 last night when the rest of the team seemed to have it figured out.

You really know your baseball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Big Floppy:

"The list was leaked by anonymous lawyers with knowledge of the results although they did not reveal which drugs had been detected in Ortiz's case. Within days of the news breaking, Ortiz gave a heartfelt press conference in which he denied PED use but said he "definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying legal supplements and legal vitamins over the counter."

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

Funny how good your numbers got all of a sudden.

awww....holding a grudge since 17-Oct-2004 & 18-Oct-2004?  i shall send you a waaaaaaaambulance to make you all better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Big Floppy:

"The list was leaked by anonymous lawyers with knowledge of the results although they did not reveal which drugs had been detected in Ortiz's case. Within days of the news breaking, Ortiz gave a heartfelt press conference in which he denied PED use but said he "definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying legal supplements and legal vitamins over the counter."

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

awww....holding a grudge since 17-Oct-2004 & 18-Oct-2004?  i shall send you a waaaaaaaambulance to make you all better.

An even better avatar...daaaaayum!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

So Boston fans spend the weekend booing Arod.  Friday nght's game had the loudet boos ever by many reports.  Dempster nails Arod to send a message that the sox think the guy is no good.  This board is full of threads bashing Arod and calling for his sitting on the bench.

Felger and Mazz just reported that Ortiz and Arod went out to dinner together over the weekend.I keep saying Ortiz is out for himself and not a team player.  I wonder what lackey thinks with all his Arod bashing and then finding out Ortiz is playing tour guide to the roid user rat Arod.  Again, show me your friends.

Good job.

You're only about two days late with this one.

Sorry, it has been a pawsox weekend.  So did anyone talk about this or as usual did you and some pretend it never happened.  But thanks for confirming the story, you usually deny anything I post.

I think the bigger question is who cares they have know each other since they were 18.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

tldr

if ARod picks up the tab I'd go out w/ him, too.  he makes a lot of money you know.

^^ that pic -- or at least a cropped version -- is the profile pic of the twitter handle RedSoxBoobs.

//edit: found the real pic:  http://i.imgur.com/uHZYD.jpg

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Big Floppy:

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

Ortiz's numbers are better this year than they were in 2003.  Is your theory:

a) Ortiz is now and has always been clean.

b) The unknown substance for which Ortiz allegedly tested positive had no effect on his game.

c) Ortiz became a better hitter over the years to the point where his natural ability at age 37 is superior to his PED-enhanced ability at age 27.

d) Ortiz, being one of the most crafty and cerebral player in the game, has managed to cheat for over a decade without detection.

I can't think of any other possibilities, and c & d seem sillier than a & b.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

Big Floppy:

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

b) The unknown substance for which Ortiz allegedly tested positive had no effect on his game.

c) Ortiz became a better hitter over the years to the point where his natural ability at age 37 is superior to his PED-enhanced ability at age 27.

d) Ortiz, being one of the most crafty and cerebral player in the game, has managed to cheat for over a decade without detection.

its called masking agents

proof?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Big Floppy:

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

Do you think admitted PED user Andy Pettite is using masking agents too?. That can't be,we all know he's squeaky clean. Right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Big Floppy:

Yuh-huh. Got it, Floppy.

Do you think admitted PED user Andy Pettite is using masking agents too?. That can't be,we all know he's squeaky clean. Right?

It's not easy being a fan of team with the most hated person in sports playing 3rd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hi Bill:  I am thinking this thread will either be unpopular or gone very soon.

so Fourb's:  You are never short on words.  What is your opinion on Ortiz an Aroid having dinner together.  Possibly they were comparing laundry lists?

???

One of the dumbest posts ever created.  Check your baseball history...think Williams and DiMaggio.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

So Boston fans spend the weekend booing Arod.  Friday nght's game had the loudet boos ever by many reports.  Dempster nails Arod to send a message that the sox think the guy is no good.  This board is full of threads bashing Arod and calling for his sitting on the bench.

Felger and Mazz just reported that Ortiz and Arod went out to dinner together over the weekend.I keep saying Ortiz is out for himself and not a team player.  I wonder what lackey thinks with all his Arod bashing and then finding out Ortiz is playing tour guide to the roid user rat Arod.  Again, show me your friends.

Seek help with your obsession.  It is very unhealthy.

The guy does think about Ortiz a lot. It's kind of creepy.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So your best friend commits a crime do you drop him?

Does it depend on the crime? Murder vs drugs or steroids?

Or do you acknowledge the crime with him and still be friends?

how bad is bad enough that you would no longer be a friend?

BTW ARod has passed 11 drug tests? IMHO Seligwent over board with 221 games. 

Manny got caught twice as did Braun they got no where near 200 games together.

Selig made this worse by going over board and I believe if he did 100 this may be water under the bridge by now.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I would not go to dinner with Slappy, but frankly, I don't much care what Ortiz does in his time off as long as its legal. This is just another criticism of Ortiz by you. Do you have anything good to say about him-EVER?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

bump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

bump

Why the need to bump a 6 month old thread?

I see nothing offered here. Even for someone who doesn't look the other way...I see no BIG issue with him going to dinner with whoever.

Ortiz can make his own choices, he should just understand when you lead a public life, and accept huge sums of money publicly, you open yourself to criticism.

If you aren't comfortable with that criticism, there are plenty of opportunities in other fields.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

bump

I see nothing offered here. Even for someone who doesn't look the other way...I see no BIG issue with him going to dinner with whoever.

Ortiz can make his own choices, he should just understand when you lead a public life, and accept huge sums of money publicly, you open yourself to criticism.

If you aren't comfortable with that criticism, there are plenty of opportunities in other fields.

Yeah, I get the feeling he is completely comfortable with it all.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

bump

Like I said on another thread, I just like to remind those that there are Ortiz haters. I mean why else would an Ortiz fan call him a clown? 

A classic from this time last year:

71 is the number of games which Ortiz missed last season.  I am not sure what the red sox front office is thinking when they offer this clown a two year deal.

Ortiz will no doubt miss a lot of games next season.  He will no doubt go 2 for 20 many times.  He will also get his hits and homers but they will be once again off bad teams and bad pitchers.

Can we now stop claiming there are no Ortiz haters here?

Sections
Shortcuts