Another poster ready to retire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Another poster ready to retire

I have only posted when I felt the topic was game related. But after clicking on and reading the personal battles between posters, this Sox fan since 1966 has decided to stop taking looks at this site for accurate Sox news.

Somehow this site, got bigger than the Sox and was about individual ego, who has the most posts, who can out insult who, sorry, folks, I am done clicking on and seeing more of the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Another poster ready to retire

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

I have only posted when I felt the topic was game related. But after clicking on and reading the personal battles between posters, this Sox fan since 1966 has decided to stop taking looks at this site for accurate Sox news.

Somehow this site, got bigger than the Sox and was about individual ego, who has the most posts, who can out insult who, sorry, folks, I am done clicking on and seeing more of the same.

Lefty, we hear you. It is disgusting at times but there are also some good moments. Vist Moon's realistic thread and it generally is much better, although sometimes even that thread has issues. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Hi mate.  I share your frustration, and my participation here is receding rapidly.  Part of me doesn't want to let "them" win....but to me it's just not a battle worth fighting at the moment. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lefty, farewell.  Hope you reconsider, but totally understandable.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I know what you're saying, but there's still enough good threads to have discussions. And even in those threads where someone goes off track, it's still easy to ignore that post and comment on the better posts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This forum is like a Clint Eastwood movie.

'The Good , The Bad and The Ugly.'

Stay here long enough to figure out who's who , the good people are very good. The bad are very bad, and the dumb threads get very ugly, very fast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Stay here long enough to figure out who's who , the good people are very good. The bad are very bad, and the dumb threads get very ugly, very fast.

Nice analogy zilla.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

x

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

or to be more specific..."THE MOON, THE BILL and THE SOFTY."

Lol! priceless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You want to see more "bad and ugly?"

Try the POLITICS forum.

I go there for a few laughs from time to time....and it's serious business between the wacko wingnuts and left wing liberals.

Make a comment there that contains a shred of common sense and get ready for serious backlash...it is quite comical , and I love it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I read your frustration. I suggest you reconsider, after you cool off. You should simply post your own threads and use the ignore button so you won't see the posters' comments that upset you so much.

Best wishes to you and your family,

softlaw

LEFTY, you can't just walk away, it was just the other day that I put you on the "all board ROSTER"  !!! You deserve you status on this board ......  I hate to say it, but SOFTY has the best approach for you to follow....... Give it some reconsideration, son !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Don't go. Just hit ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Try the POLITICS forum.

I go there for a few laughs from time to time....and it's serious business between the wacko wingnuts and left wing liberals.

Make a comment there that contains a shred of common sense and get ready for serious backlash...it is quite comical , and I love it!

Hello ZILLAGOD    :)

I sometimes post in the "Love Letters" section.  

I made a comment where I never make love while a Red Sox game is on and many readers got upset by my comment.   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Try the POLITICS forum.

Hello ZILLAGOD    :)

I sometimes post in the "Love Letters" section.  

I made a comment where I never make love while a Red Sox game is on and many readers got upset by my comment.   LOL

I'm not sure why people would be "upset" by that comment.

In my opinion the Red Sox aren't worth misssing an opportunity like that! ...and you can always watch the replay , or record the game .....you might not get that chance with your lover if you refuse too many times.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

@ Lefty..

I posted here a week or so ago that there are a few posters who act as if they're trying to destroy the board, and they're succeeding. 

My experience here got significantly better when I put a certain someone on Ignore.  Now I can open their posts when I want to and not see them when I want to, and that works better for me.  And when I DO open their posts I invariably say to myself, "NOW I remember why I had that __________  on Ignore!".

I find that to be a better alternative than 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'.  

I'd urge you to at least give that a try before you give up completely.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LEFTY,  Do what I did last month.......   When I stated that DAD & 806 would be departing.......  I/we showed them, we were gone for 3 whole days, yes we certenly showed them !!!   I/we will admit, DAD & 806 came back as better "board people" !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I know your feeling. I've left myself at times.

Like others have suggested, use the ignore button.  It really helps.

Fortunately, the good posters/people, I think, outnumber the bad ones. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

or to be more specific..."THE MOON, THE BILL and THE SOFTY."

YOURAZZ,   Thank you so much for the fine compliment here.......  As DAD would say.........  "SON, if your mentioned in the same breath with MOON & SOFTY, then you must know your baseball" !!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts