1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Another sad day.... Must be recreation place violence.........

In response to AL34's comment:

I served 13 months in Iraq and sometimes I wonder if the purpose of our involvement there was to keep the crazies over in the Middle East and Afghanistan so they did not come here. Our unit lost 4 soldiers over there and took over 20 wounded. I saw first hand the hatred that some of these groups have for us and our way of life. But as a soldier I knew what my job was and wanted to protect the citizens of the United States back home,  but to hurt innocent civilians is cowardice on their part and cause. I am very concerned that theses attacks are going to increase in the future. This is an extremely sad day for the City of Boston and the United States. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Does that help you to catch up?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BaddBrains's comment:

How did Boston turn into Iraq and Afghanistan?

Did that help you to catch up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

I served 13 months in Iraq and sometimes I wonder if the purpose of our involvement there was to keep the crazies over in the Middle East and Afghanistan so they did not come here. Our unit lost 4 soldiers over there and took over 20 wounded. I saw first hand the hatred that some of these groups have for us and our way of life. But as a soldier I knew what my job was and wanted to protect the citizens of the United States back home,  but to hurt innocent civilians is cowardice on their part and cause. I am very concerned that theses attacks are going to increase in the future. This is an extremely sad day for the City of Boston and the United States. 

Thank you so much for your service.  Coming from a Vietnam era guy, I appreciate it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Redsoxdirtdog, You're on a roll, neighbor.  I'm on your side.  Especially the Chris Matthews comment.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Redsoxdirtdog, You're on a roll, neighbor.  I'm on your side.  Especially the Chris Matthews comment.

Howdy neighbor! :)

I shouldn't get so worked up about this stuff, but I guess I do.

I shouldn't let loons like billy-boy get to me, but guys like him are killing our future pol prospects. Even his reasonable points sound dumb.

This terrible tragedy should be beyond demagoguery! Billy-boy just doesn't get it.

What troubles me is that he's(Softy) not stupid, and I think he says lots of stuff 'tongue in cheek' just looking to irritate.  But, he just goes over the top sometimes.

Actually, he's toned it down a lot lately compared to how it used to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I shouldn't let loons like billy-boy get to me, but guys like him are killing our future pol prospects. Even his reasonable points sound dumb.

This terrible tragedy should be beyond demagoguery! Billy-boy just doesn't get it.

What troubles me is that he's(Softy) not stupid, and I think he says lots of stuff 'tongue in cheek' just looking to irritate.  But, he just goes over the top sometimes.

If he's so smart, one would think he'd have found a way to actually PERSUADE others toward his line of thinking.  He is the type, whether it be Red Sox or the socio-political scene, who seeks self-aggrandizement over persuasion every time.  Narcissism 101.  Rather than persuade, he repels.....  Every time!  Stiffy will always pick stiffy first.  Like a teenager, it's all about what makes him feel good in the moment.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If he's so smart, one would think he'd have found a way to actually PERSUADE others toward his line of thinking.  He is the type, whether it be Red Sox or the socio-political scene, who seeks self-aggrandizement over persuasion every time.  Narcissism 101.  Rather than persuade, he repels.....  Every time!  Stiffy will always pick stiffy first.  Like a teenager, it's all about what makes him feel good in the moment.

Ya know, I hear you. I really do.

To this day, I'll never understand how anyone could ever have possibly voted for BO.  But, such is life and the democratic way.  I'll just wait for the next election.  Softy, I think, just can't hold in his frustration.  He just totally vocalizes the way he feels.  And from reading posts for quite a while, there are a lot more posters just as zealous, if not MORE so, supporting opposite political views than he does.

So, in essence, I don't think anyone 'on the fence' will be persuaded one way or another considering the diversity of the posters on the board.

Billy-boy I'll never really understand..  Laughing 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Like a teenager, it's all about what makes him feel good in the moment

Bigotry requires more intelligence than the comment, above. 

Ironic and telling, as we all know how you fancy yourself as "the premier intellectual" on the board.

What exactly are you trying to say about yourself, bigotry, and intelligence???

Haa!  :)  I love it stiffy

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

BDC, please remove this horrible thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

BDC, please remove this horrible thread.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts