Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.

Do you fellow posters agree with me when I say that Cody Ross is going to be a hugh fan favorite at fenway in right field? If this kid isn't a trot nixon dirt dog duplicate than I'm crazy....never mind that part. I know I'm crazy. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.

I agree. I think you're crazy. But then again, I think eveyone alive is crazy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.:
    [QUOTE]I agree. I think you're crazy. But then again, I think eveyone alive is crazy.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.:
    [QUOTE]Do you fellow posters agree with me when I say that Cody Ross is going to be a hugh fan favorite at fenway in right field? If this kid isn't a trot nixon dirt dog duplicate than I'm crazy....never mind that part. I know I'm crazy. lol
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yes. He will be the one bright spot in a sea of otherwise bone-headed moves!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about. : Yes. He will be the one bright spot in a sea of otherwise bone-headed moves!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

wrong again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Cody ross is going to fit right in with this club. hes going to have a big year i think

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I hate the term dirt dog never understood what it meant other than a player that getsdirty. I'd much rather a pedroia type player in Ross

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I hate the term dirt dog never understood what it meant other than a player that getsdirty. I'd much rather a pedroia type player in Ross
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
     Yeah Jim, the term is somewhat vague at best, with a racially biased connotation at worst.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about.:
    [QUOTE]Do you fellow posters agree with me when I say that Cody Ross is going to be a hugh fan favorite at fenway in right field? If this kid isn't a trot nixon dirt dog duplicate than I'm crazy....never mind that part. I know I'm crazy. lol

The one thing about crazy people is that they don't think their crazy. So you admitting your crazy proves your sane.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]I hate the term dirt dog never understood what it meant other than a player that getsdirty. I'd much rather a pedroia type player in Ross

So your saying that Pedroia is a clean dog???? Hell no !! Thats now two dirt dogs... When was the last time you saw Pedroia at the end of a game with a clean uniform?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I guess I should have said more I don't believe Trot ever lived up to what he was supposed to be just like JD minus the injuries.
    Dirt Dog is like Red Sox Nation just a name for names sake.
    Maybe because I was a RS fan before all the BS.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Dirt Dog, Schmirt Dog.  All of that is fine, but it was his ability to deliver in the clutch that made him such a big hit in San Francisco.  Hells Bells, all Dave Roberts needed to do was steal one base and he never has to pay for a meal in Boston again.  I'm hoping Cody will channel that Dave Henderson/Big Papi mojo and I'll gladly sing his praises.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about. : Yes. He will be the one bright spot in a sea of otherwise bone-headed moves!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Which moves do you think are bone-headed, and why?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I should have said more I don't believe Trot ever lived up to what he was supposed to be just like JD minus the injuries. Dirt Dog is like Red Sox Nation just a name for names sake. Maybe because I was a RS fan before all the BS.

I too am old school...truth be told, I like the dirt dog moniker, in my mind it implies that the player is a grinder...To me in order to be annointed an honorary member of the "dirt dog club". One has to have a perpetual 5 o"clock shadow, not a beard, wear a ton of eye black, let his hair grow and play hard...

Papi for example is to well groomed to be a dirt dog, ditto guys like Aviles and Ellsbury...Pedrioa if he had hair, would be our poster boy for a dirt dog...Satly is the guy on our current squad that look's the part...I'd even give D-Mac a spot on the dirt dog roster. Ross does wear eye black and plays hard, but he cut's his hair and keeps his beard trimmed, so I'm not ready to put him on the team just yet...Let's see if the grind of the season alters his appearance and he let's his hair down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Let's not throw around the "Dirt-Dog" label too loosely.  Few have earned it, with one, Trot Nixon, the most notable.

I think there's real potential for a lot of offensive production from Cody and it will be fun to watch.

A "Dirt-Dog"?  Thems real big shoes to fill....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I never thought my use of the term "dirt dog" would cause so much contraversy.to me that term describes a player that comes to play every day and will do what ever he can to help his team win.......and yeah like dustin pedroia I think that cody ross won't be afraid to get his uniform dirty...like diving headfirst into a base as an example.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think Ross seems to have that Dirt Dog mentality. And I'm interested to see how Sweeny plays as well. So far he's said all the right things, but I don't want to label him anywhere close just yet.
    And people are saying Trot didn't live up to expectations? Being a dirt dog isn't being the best player on the team, or even bringing ggreat stats to the table, it's going out and grinding it out, and making that an infectious personality in the clubhouse like Millar, Trot and Tek. Sure they were all talented, but they were really the role players on those teams. It was their attitude that made the rest of the club (ie papi, Damon, Manny) play the same way

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about. :   The one thing about crazy people is that they don't think their crazy. So you admitting your crazy proves your sane.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

the original catch 22

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I am very impressed with Cody ....

Kudos to Moon and others who saw his potential and were talking about him long before he was on the team.

I think he very well may out Trot Trot ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Another thought brought out by the globe that I'm asking the forum about. : I am very impressed with Cody ....    Kudos to Moon and others who saw his potential and were talking about him long before he was on the team.   I think he very well may out Trot Trot ....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I've seen a report or two that compares his personality to Kevin Millar.

Something the Sox clubhouse could use.

Sections
Shortcuts