Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

I have a question. If all this is true (and I have my doubts), what happens if you're like Jete02, who I think is a Celtics fan isnt' he? Is he banned from the Sox forum, but allowed to post to the Celtics forum? Some on here are Sox fans as well as Giants fans. So they can post to the Sox forum, but are banned from the Pats forum? This is a really dumb idea, and I still have a hard time believing it. If they want to start a "Sox only" forum that is separate from this one, fine--but shutting this one down, eliminating all NYY fans and then restarting it allowing only "Sox fans" in is a farce that would be next to impossible to justly and fairly enforce without rampant paranoia and elitism. The best way to fix all of this is simply to limit it to one screen ID per IP address. That may be what this is all about, and the NYY banning thing could be an exaggeration of it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......

Did anyobody on this forum order a calzone? I didn't think so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......:
    I have a question. If all this is true (and I have my doubts), what happens if you're like Jete02, who I think is a Celtics fan isnt' he? Is he banned from the Sox forum, but allowed to post to the Celtics forum? Some on here are Sox fans as well as Giants fans. So they can post to the Sox forum, but are banned from the Pats forum? This is a really dumb idea, and I still have a hard time believing it. If they want to start a "Sox only" forum that is separate from this one, fine--but shutting this one down, eliminating all NYY fans and then restarting it allowing only "Sox fans" in is a farce that would be next to impossible to justly and fairly enforce without rampant paranoia and elitism. The best way to fix all of this is simply to limit it to one screen ID per IP address. That may be what this is all about, and the NYY banning thing could be an exaggeration of it. 
    Posted by TheExaminer

Exam, everyone is getting carried away. the software upgrade is to identify ip address due to the multiple screen names, imposters and thread bumping and poster disruption, both sides of the street. was told a Sox only site is also being developed, exactly like this one. thats it. take sox site only FWIW. maybe two sites?? IDK. the important thing is it will be better policed, pike aside. pike doesnt want it because it will shut down his act. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......:
    Did anyobody on this forum order a calzone? I didn't think so.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

We're all going to be chowing down on calzones if this thing is true. It would be pike's ultimate victory, and like Davey Crockett, he'd gladly hide in the enemy's powder bunker and blow himself up to achieve it. He'd die a hero, then change internet providers so he could sign back on and gloat about it. At least Crockett didn't do that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just a rumor Examiner started last night. No source, no link, no email, no details - thus zero credibility. Just a way to stir the forum pot once more. Anything to liven up the forum. Gamethread was a ghost town last night before J-Bay started this.
    Posted by Calzone65

When did I start this pike? That is stupid. I think banning NYY fans is a dumb idea, when did I start the rumor? The first I heard of it was last night while reading one of jbay's posts. You should be rooting for this pike, it's the culmination of every thing you've ever dreamed of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

I don't know why, pike seems to hate us Sox fans as much as he does Yankee fans. Dude just plain hates.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans...... : When did I start this pike? That is stupid. I think banning NYY fans is a dumb idea, when did I start the rumor? The first I heard of it was last night while reading one of jbay's posts. You should be rooting for this pike, it's the culmination of every thing you've ever dreamed of.
    Posted by TheExaminer

did you forget were one in the same, exam?? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    I don't know why, pike seems to hate us Sox fans as much as he does Yankee fans. Dude just plain hates.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Calzone65 u are the only one who seems "concerned".  I never even knew what "troll" meant until about a year ago after having you jam it down all our throats post after post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans...... :  did you forget were one in the same, exam?? 
    Posted by J-BAY

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot about that. But if pike really does resist this, it proves once and for all that his "eliminate trolls and NYY fans" campaign has been totally self serving and disengenuous--what most of us suspected all along. So it's time to get busy living or get busy dying pike. The moment of truth could be upon us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans...... : Oh yeah, sorry, forgot about that. But if pike really does resist this, it proves once and for all that his "eliminate trolls and NYY fans" campaign has been totally self serving and disengenuous--what most of us suspected all along. So it's time to get busy living or get busy dying pike. The moment of truth could be upon us.
    Posted by TheExaminer

yup he's in panic mode already. the jig is up

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    There are about six Yankee fans here that I enjoy reading. What irritates me are the three dozen closet Yankee fans and those who pretend to be RS fans and exhibit faux concerns. Go look up "concern trolling" if you are having trouble keeping up here. The negativity that many attribute to Sox fans is staged and contrived - it is fake. Get it?
    Posted by Calzone65

Got it. You're an irritant.
    Now, tell me, does that sound contrived?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Why ban Yankee fans, trolls, democrats or Giants fans? 

These forums are for all of us to share our opinions and ideas. 

For me, I do not take the comments too seriously.  I just read and enjoy them (whether I agree with them or not). 

Some of you are as sensitive as Carl Crawford.  Just relax and enjoy the forums.  Laughing

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans...... : Exam, everyone is getting carried away. the software upgrade is to identify ip address due to the multiple screen names, imposters and thread bumping and poster disruption, both sides of the street. was told a Sox only site is also being developed, exactly like this one. thats it. take sox site only FWIW. maybe two sites?? IDK. the important thing is it will be better policed, pike aside. pike doesnt want it because it will shut down his act. 
    Posted by J-BAY

You are right.  They are going to be able to ban those who have been banned in the past by identifying their IP address.  Many posters are banned and return after a few weeks under another name.  That is what they are trying to eliminate. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.":
    "Oh yeah, sorry, forgot about that. But if pike really does resist this, it proves once and for all that his "eliminate trolls and NYY fans" campaign has been totally self serving and disengenuous--what most of us suspected all along. So it's time to get busy living or get busy dying pike. The moment of truth could be upon us.   I'm all for weeding out multiple aliases traceable to the same IP address. it can't happen soon enough. One Yazzer is one too many, same with Mikey. Funny that Examiner never attacks those on that side of the fence.                    " Posted by Calzone65
    Pike. Funny, funny little man. I guess you never saw me go after babe and mryazz did you. Sad, sad state of affairs. I'll miss you pike.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I won't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......":
    Just a rumor started last night. No source, no link, no email, no details - thus zero credibility. Just a way to stir the forum pot once more. Anything to liven up the forum. Gamethread was a ghost town last night before J-Bay started this. Post corrected. Punctuation was missing. Was J-Bay's rumor - not Examiner's. Posted by Calzone65
    Pike maybe they'll allow you to keep one of your screenames.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike You had two threads that got deleted because they were copyright violations... how can I prove they were there if they got deleted. One of them I was posting on, telling you how much I loved you, and before I could hit "Add Post" it disappeared. 

To this day I have not seen one positive post on baseball that you have not simply copied from a news/media source. You have no originality when it comes to talking baseball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Having a Red Sox forum without Yankee fans - and the converse, a Yankee forum without Sox fans - is simply wrong.   Sports are all about competing; why are we driving away the competition from our little corner f the sporting world?

Now, if the ban is for Idiot Yankee Troll Fans, by all means, ban away. 

And then take the Idiot Red Sox Troll Fans and ban them, too...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts