Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

I love that the Red Sox are having a brutal season, are a mess from ownership on down, and some Italian sandwhich is actually selling that "negativity" about the Red Sox is contrived. What is contrived is a naive, manufactured positivity and a rigid definition of "fan" that, fortunately, is totally unenforcable. 

I expect that JBay kind of misinterpreted (initially) the "Sox only" part of what he learned. I expect they are creating some type of "Red Sox nation" type of discussion forum, who knows if it will require separate registration or not. One would expect that IP-specific bans will be a part of this new forum and maybe applied to our existing forums - though it takes a lot to get banned from what I've seen. In that sense "sox only" might apply to a new forum but I doubt it would mean banning Yankee fans.

It's possible that part of this IP-specific function would restrict folks to one screen name per IP which would put Pike in a tough spot forcing to choose between his many personas. Perhaps a few others as well, I dunno. 

That said I'm pretty sure you can disguise your IP or create phony ones if you are determined. I've never tried as that kind of thing doesn't interest me. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

The way I look at it is, I have 5 computers and an iPad at home (just got the iPad so I'm not sure if I can get to the forums from it) so I can get banned at least 4x moving forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Can somebody tell me where this stupid rumor, and that's what it is, originated?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    I have a question. If all this is true (and I have my doubts), what happens if you're like Jete02, who I think is a Celtics fan isnt' he? Is he banned from the Sox forum, but allowed to post to the Celtics forum? Some on here are Sox fans as well as Giants fans. So they can post to the Sox forum, but are banned from the Pats forum? This is a really dumb idea, and I still have a hard time believing it. If they want to start a "Sox only" forum that is separate from this one, fine--but shutting this one down, eliminating all NYY fans and then restarting it allowing only "Sox fans" in is a farce that would be next to impossible to justly and fairly enforce without rampant paranoia and elitism. The best way to fix all of this is simply to limit it to one screen ID per IP address. That may be what this is all about, and the NYY banning thing could be an exaggeration of it. 
    Posted by TheExaminer

Do not worry about Jete02.  He rides currents above the fray, an angel in Pinstripes, soberly observing from a passionate promontory with eternal empathy for 162 days of gnashing teeth to bloody gums and writhing pain to seizured apoplexy.   His tenure here a poetic elegy of patient benevolence and a living beatification of pride's awful self-destructive extirpation in the eyes of understanding.  Do not weep for Jete02, for he is with the faithful of this forum always, unto his last breath, scented of cherry blossomed sweetness and mirthful exuberence, till the faint last whisper feathers from thin, wizened lips, "Play Ball."  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    Can somebody tell me where this stupid rumor, and that's what it is, originated?
    Posted by LloydDobler

when the forums were down several weeks ago for several hours, I emailed bdc to ask/tell them. i had the email address from when i dealt  with them regarding contacting harness. they emailed back they were upgrading the software so ip addresses could be identified/banned permanently and a sox only site was being developed, exactly set up like this one. Dottie came on with an explanation later that day saying essentially, they were upgrading the software to have better control of the moderating.  I mentioned it on the game thread and teilhardin decided it was his place to bring it to the forum forefront

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : when the forums were down several weeks ago for several hours, I emailed bdc to ask/tell them. i had the email address from when i dealt  with them regarding contacting harness. they emailed back they were upgrading the software so ip addresses could be identified/banned permanently and a sox only site was being developed, exactly set up like this one. Dottie came on with an explanation later that day saying essentially, they were upgrading the software to have better control of the moderating. I mentioned it on the game thread and teilhardin decided it was his place to bring it to the forum forefront
    Posted by J-BAY

Actually J if you mentioned it on a thread then you brought it to the forefront.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Do not worry about Jete02.  He rides currents above the fray, an angel in Pinstripes, soberly observing from a passionate promontory with eternal empathy for 162 days of gnashing teeth to bloody gums and writhing pain to seizured apoplexy.   His tenure here a poetic elegy of patient benevolence and a living beatification of pride's awful self-destructive extirpation in the eyes of understanding.  Do not weep for Jete02, for he is with the faithful of this forum always, unto his last breath, scented of cherry blossomed sweetness and mirthful exuberence, till the faint last whisper feathers from thin, wizened lips, "Play Ball."  
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please

A long-time admitted Yankee fan, alias IMO, who used to hang out in Beni's threads bashing him and now only shows up very rarely usually to create polls about removing me from the forum, finally shows what Mikey really feels about Jete, and completely explains the impersonation of the only Yankee fan he did it to on the board.

Hope Jete sees this because it's pretty enlightening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.":
    In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : A long-time admitted Yankee fan, alias IMO, who used to hang out in Beni's threads bashing him and now only shows up very rarely usually to create polls about removing me from the forum, finally shows what Mikey really feels about Jete, and completely explains the impersonation of the only Yankee fan he did it to on the board. Hope Jete sees this because it's pretty enlightening. Posted by kimsaysthis
    Classic Pike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : A long-time admitted Yankee fan, alias IMO, who used to hang out in Beni's threads bashing him and now only shows up very rarely usually to create polls about removing me from the forum, finally shows what Mikey really feels about Jete, and completely explains the impersonation of the only Yankee fan he did it to on the board. Hope Jete sees this because it's pretty enlightening.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

To those who say ignorance is bliss - observe the grand spectum, blurred colors of irridescent misunderstanding that lay in the seemingly congenital absence of nuance and abject failure in fundamental reading comprehension.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hmm ... maybe they meant a specific "Sox Only" forum in addition to the ones we already have. Either way, strikes me as a tad unenforceable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Actually J if you mentioned it on a thread then you brought it to the forefront.
    Posted by tcal2-

LOL!  You win today's logic prize!  Good one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Hmm ... maybe they meant a specific "Sox Only" forum in addition to the ones we already have. Either way, strikes me as a tad unenforceable.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Lloyd, Lloyd.  My mirrored comrade in arms and the most amusing collaborator within this wonderful rivalry.  Do not waste wit on the witless, unless it is aimed at them, either directly or askew, then I shall be certain to read with relish, or any available condiment at my disposal.

What's the haps, brother?  I cannot help but relive the ten minute belly-laugh, when the most notorious and obvious mutliple threader entered yet another persona, and you wrote simply,

"Welcome, new poster." 

Still cracks me up whenever I think of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    I have a question. If all this is true (and I have my doubts), what happens if you're like Jete02, who I think is a Celtics fan isnt' he? Is he banned from the Sox forum, but allowed to post to the Celtics forum? Some on here are Sox fans as well as Giants fans. So they can post to the Sox forum, but are banned from the Pats forum? This is a really dumb idea, and I still have a hard time believing it. If they want to start a "Sox only" forum that is separate from this one, fine--but shutting this one down, eliminating all NYY fans and then restarting it allowing only "Sox fans" in is a farce that would be next to impossible to justly and fairly enforce without rampant paranoia and elitism. The best way to fix all of this is simply to limit it to one screen ID per IP address. That may be what this is all about, and the NYY banning thing could be an exaggeration of it. 
    Posted by TheExaminer

I just got back, now I have to leave ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : A long-time admitted Yankee fan, alias IMO, who used to hang out in Beni's threads bashing him and now only shows up very rarely usually to create polls about removing me from the forum, finally shows what Mikey really feels about Jete, and completely explains the impersonation of the only Yankee fan he did it to on the board. Hope Jete sees this because it's pretty enlightening.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Is it the polls themselves that bother you, or the results they yield? Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Is it the polls themselves that bother you, or the results they yield? 

Your polls don't yield anything. That's why you have to keep creating them.

Yankee trolls creating polls on a Sox board participated in by more Yankee trolls gotta love it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Actually J if you mentioned it on a thread then you brought it to the forefront.
    Posted by tcal2-

fair enough, tcal but have you seen the gamethreads lately? not many there. nor do many, if any posters read them after the fact. regardless, a nyy poster who has been banned and admitted last night to posting under 3 screen names decided to take it upon himself to announce it and start the firestorm, which I found ironic, as part of the cause and effect.  it may not eliminate all the issues but hopefully, most

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Actually, they tell me much.  I have only devised two or more likely three, if I recall.  And, that is over the course of two seasons, at least.  The purpose is to take the temperature of the members of this forum and their attitude toward you as a poster at that point in time.  Thus far, there does not appear to be signficant evidence of change or fluctuation in the results over time.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Actually, they tell me much.  I have only devised two or more likely three, if I recall.  And, that is over the course of two seasons, at least.  The purpose is to take the temperature of the members of this forum and their attitude toward you as a poster at that point in time.  Thus far, there does not appear to be signficant evidence of change or fluctuation in the results over time.  

Which might be what a troll who wanted to "own" or "pwn" this board would do, see how well you were doing against a positive Sox fan. Sorry it fell short of your expectations even on a Yankee "owned" or "pwned" board by trolls like you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Which might be what a troll who wanted to "own" or "pwn" this board would do, see how well you were doing against a positive Sox fan. Sorry it fell short of your expectations even on a Yankee "owned" or "pwned" board by trolls like you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

You appear to speak in a vernacular with which I am unfamiliar.  And, though I may characterize antagonizing posters such as yourself - sometimes acidly so, I rarely engage in pedestrian name-calling or pedantic posturing or didactic declarations and dictums, all of which remain your brand of tedium.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......:
    In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans...... : You are right.  They are going to be able to ban those who have been banned in the past by identifying their IP address.  Many posters are banned and return after a few weeks under another name.  That is what they are trying to eliminate. 
    Posted by susan250

That makes sense. Hopefully they don't go crazy with the banning of individuals. I would favor a warning, then a temp ban, then a permanent one. We do not need to ban free speech, just posters who continue to post incendiary comments about other posters. IMO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : You appear to speak in a vernacular with which I am unfamiliar.  And, though I may characterize antagonizing posters such as yourself - sometimes acidly so, I rarely engage in pedestrian name-calling or pedantic posturing or didactic declarations and dictums, all of which remain your brand of tedium.

Yes. Telhardian you're right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Lloyd, Lloyd.  My mirrored comrade in arms and the most amusing collaborator within this wonderful rivalry.  Do not waste wit on the witless, unless it is aimed at them, either directly or askew, then I shall be certain to read with relish, or any available condiment at my disposal. What's the haps, brother?  I cannot help but relive the ten minute belly-laugh, when the most notorious and obvious mutliple threader entered yet another persona, and you wrote simply, "Welcome, new poster."  Still cracks me up whenever I think of it.

Hey hubris, how you been? I do remember that. It was Babe, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......:
    In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans...... : That makes sense. Hopefully they don't go crazy with the banning of individuals. I would favor a warning, then a temp ban, then a permanent one. We do not need to ban free speech, just posters who continue to post incendiary comments about other posters. IMO.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

+1 

Reasonable suggestion.  I would second the motion. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Yes. Telhardian you're right.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I have no idea what these cryptic comments mean.  Again, you appear to subscribe to a lexicon all your own.  May the weather in your world be moderate and comfortable.

Sections
Shortcuts