Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : A long-time admitted Yankee fan, alias IMO, who used to hang out in Beni's threads bashing him and now only shows up very rarely usually to create polls about removing me from the forum, finally shows what Mikey really feels about Jete, and completely explains the impersonation of the only Yankee fan he did it to on the board. Hope Jete sees this because it's pretty enlightening.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] i see it.....no comment.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Hey hubris, how you been? I do remember that. It was Babe, right?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

My memory has not jogged to whom it was aimed.  Probably, you're correct, though.  It seems he was the fly in the soup de jour at that time.  

I've been fine, and thanks for asking.  I was able to take in a couple ball games in Oakland this season, when the Yankees have been in town.  The San Francisco Giants are still doing their legal utmost to block the Athletics proposed move to San Jose, which would be a much shorter drive for me when New York makes its West Coast swings.  

I still believe the Red Sox may make a run at the wild card, though many here do not appear to share even a Yankee fan's optimism.  Question:  Does Doubront have an innings limit?  And, is he beginning to hit the usual wall of the young starting pitcher?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : i see it.....no comment.....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I would have thought it would have illicited at least a smile, if not a chuckle.  But, I never expected a guffaw.  Nor a belly-laugh.  That should be duly noted.  Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]     
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]

I wonder how old this kid is now?  This pic has been around for awhile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.": [QUOTE]"Oh yeah, sorry, forgot about that. But if pike really does resist this, it proves once and for all that his "eliminate trolls and NYY fans" campaign has been totally self serving and disengenuous--what most of us suspected all along. So it's time to get busy living or get busy dying pike. The moment of truth could be upon us.   I'm all for weeding out multiple aliases traceable to the same IP address. it can't happen soon enough. One Yazzer is one too many, same with Mikey. Funny that Examiner never attacks those on that side of the fence.                    " Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE] If that happens you're in trouble because you lead the league in aliases kimsaysthis

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

YANKS....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

The hack with being a Yankee fan on this board, it’s hard enough being a Red Sox fan.

As a long time reader and a relatively new poster, I must admit the intimidation factor runs very high on this board and the paranoia is overwhelming at times. It’s no walk in the park trying to get an opinion in on a variety of discussions ranging from Bobby V to Pedroia, if you just happen to think outside the box.

It’s either bend with the prevailing wind’s on the subject or be categorized as a Yankee fan or a Troll or even worse, a Liberal.

People don’t participate in the discussions or on the game threads because, if you don’t have hundreds or thousands of posts…your ignored.

If you haven’t spent every waking moment of everyday for the last five years posting on this board, your not really a Red Sox fan.

If you don’t agree with a hand full of power brokers on here, your not really a Red Sox fan.

If you haven’t been loyal to Bobby V and the Front Office, your not really a Red Sox fan.

If you haven’t wanted to trade every single player on this team away since the trade deadline, your not really a Red Sox fan.

If you haven’t blamed everyone from Pedroia to the Ball-girl of being the “Snitch“, your not really a Red Sox Fan.

If you don’t continually bring up “Beer & Chicken“, your not really a Red Sox fan and the list just keeps going on and on and on.

I’m sure after this is posted I’ll be a Yankee fan who’s posting under his 40th name or a concern Troll (what the heck is a concern troll, anyway?) and to save you guys/gals some time, I’m am a Liberal and very proud of it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]The hack with being a Yankee fan on this board, it’s hard enough being a Red Sox fan. As a long time reader and a relatively new poster, I must admit the intimidation factor runs very high on this board and the paranoia is overwhelming at times. It’s no walk in the park trying to get an opinion in on a variety of discussions ranging from Bobby V to Pedroia, if you just happen to think outside the box. It’s either bend with the prevailing wind’s on the subject or be categorized as a Yankee fan or a Troll or even worse, a Liberal.   People don’t participate in the discussions or on the game threads because, if you don’t have hundreds or thousands of posts…your ignored. If you haven’t spent every waking moment of everyday for the last five years posting on this board, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you don’t agree with a hand full of power brokers on here, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you haven’t been loyal to Bobby V and the Front Office, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you haven’t wanted to trade every single player on this team away since the trade deadline, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you haven’t blamed everyone from Pedroia to the Ball-girl of being the “Snitch“, your not really a Red Sox Fan. If you don’t continually bring up “Beer & Chicken“, your not really a Red Sox fan and the list just keeps going on and on and on. I’m sure after this is posted I’ll be a Yankee fan who’s posting under his 40 th name or a concern Troll (what the heck is a concern troll, anyway?) and to save you guys/gals some time, I’m am a Liberal and very proud of it.
    Posted by ArkaSox[/QUOTE]

All I can say is welcome to the asylum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

hang in there, Arka, everyone started somewhere. times are tough and may get worse before they get better, on the team and the forum but both will eventually turn the corner. You're as welcome on the board and gamethreads as anyone else here. keep posting 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]hang in there, Arka, everyone started somewhere. times are tough and may get worse before they get better, on the team and the forum but both will eventually turn the corner. You're as welcome on the board and gamethreads as anyone else here. keep posting 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of those moments when I first got on here, made a fool of myself a few times--especially on the Pats forum. Until you learn how the system works, you're bound to run afoul of different posters. It's a different kind of communicating that takes some getting used to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

[QUOTE]hang in there, Arka, everyone started somewhere. times are tough and may get worse before they get better, on the team and the forum but both will eventually turn the corner. You're as welcome on the board and gamethreads as anyone else here. keep posting 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks Guys. You read the remarks on some of the discussions and you don’t know what to reach for, your Pom-Pom’s or your Black-jack.
    It’s often madness, but it’s always entertaining.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I had a lot of those moments when I first got on here, made a fool of myself a few times--especially on the Pats forum. Until you learn how the system works, you're bound to run afoul of different posters. It's a different kind of communicating that takes some getting used to.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I found it by chance, reading the globe one day. I just read for a while, then decided to try it. i think it's the same for everyone here,  just find your own way and posters you click with, as in life. what surprised me most is how well you get to know some posters, even this way. harness is a good example. when he didnt return in the spring and wondered if something happened, there was a sense of loss. dont need to actually meet them, even know much about them, just who they are as a person, which is really all that matters. how you post, is usually what you'll get in return.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Thanks Guys. You read the remarks on some of the discussions and you don’t know what to reach for, your Pom-Pom’s or your Black-jack. It’s often madness, but it’s always entertaining.

It can be either or both, Arka, for better or worse. some come and go, but by in large, it's a good group, on both sides.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I found it by chance, reading the globe one day. I just read for a while, then decided to try it. i think it's the same for everyone here,  just find your way and posters you click with, as in life. what surprised me most is how well you get to know some posters, even this way. harness is a good example. when he didnt return in the spring and wondered if something happened, there was a sense of loss. dont need to actually meet them, even know much about them, just who they are as a person, which is really all that matters. how you post, is usually what you'll get in return.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I wonder how old this kid is now?  This pic has been around for awhile.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

That's no kid. He's a midg... er, a dwa... um, a littl... ah...he's vertically challenged.  He's 42. We were tossin' back shots of Bushmill's at the Cask last night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]The hack with being a Yankee fan on this board, it’s hard enough being a Red Sox fan. As a long time reader and a relatively new poster, I must admit the intimidation factor runs very high on this board and the paranoia is overwhelming at times. It’s no walk in the park trying to get an opinion in on a variety of discussions ranging from Bobby V to Pedroia, if you just happen to think outside the box. It’s either bend with the prevailing wind’s on the subject or be categorized as a Yankee fan or a Troll or even worse, a Liberal.   People don’t participate in the discussions or on the game threads because, if you don’t have hundreds or thousands of posts…your ignored. If you haven’t spent every waking moment of everyday for the last five years posting on this board, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you don’t agree with a hand full of power brokers on here, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you haven’t been loyal to Bobby V and the Front Office, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you haven’t wanted to trade every single player on this team away since the trade deadline, your not really a Red Sox fan. If you haven’t blamed everyone from Pedroia to the Ball-girl of being the “Snitch“, your not really a Red Sox Fan. If you don’t continually bring up “Beer & Chicken“, your not really a Red Sox fan and the list just keeps going on and on and on. I’m sure after this is posted I’ll be a Yankee fan who’s posting under his 40 th name or a concern Troll (what the heck is a concern troll, anyway?) and to save you guys/gals some time, I’m am a Liberal and very proud of it.

I know what you mean about the hundreds of thousands of posts, in spite of what J-BAY might tell you. As you can see, I have been here for over three years with over 2500 posts and am still quite often ignored. Granted, at times I can come across as an a**hole, but then so can most everyone else here at one time or other.
    You cite many good examples for why you might be ignored. A lot of folks here have their pet axes to grind and only want to associate with those who are like minded (or mindless) and will do their best to degrade and/or  embarrass you or otherwise discourage you by not responding at all. Don't let those things bother you. If you have an opinion that you want to get out, let it fly. Remember, you're no better or worse, or any more right or wrong than any of the rest of us Zinzonies who post here. A thick skin and immunity to insults are helpful attributes if you want to survive here, or on any of the BDC forums.
    I don't know what else to tell you right now other than enjoy yourself and  "Welcome to the Looney Bin."
    Oh there is one more thing...
    I tried to smoke Astroturf once...
    Don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You are not really a Red Sox fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I know what you mean about the hundreds of thousands of posts, in spite of what J-BAY might tell you. As you can see, I have been here for over three years with over 2500 posts and am still quite often ignored. Granted, at times I can come across as an a**hole, but then so can most everyone else here at one time or other. You cite many good examples for why you might be ignored. A lot of folks here have their pet axes to grind and only want to associate with those who are like minded (or mindless) and will do their best to degrade and/or  embarrass you or otherwise discourage you by not responding at all. Don't let those things bother you. If you have an opinion that you want to get out, let it fly. Remember, you're no better or worse, or any more right or wrong than any of the rest of us Zinzonies who post here. A thick skin and immunity to insults are helpful attributes if you want to post here, or on any of the BDC forums. I don't know what else to tell you right now other than enjoy yourself and  "Welcome to the Looney Bin." Oh there is one more thing... I tried to smoke Astroturf once... Don't.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

I think just about everyone feels ignored, to some extent, at one time or another, antibody. with the number of posters and posts, it's hard to respond to most of them. doesn't mean they're not read and enjoyed by others. I read everyone's post if I'm reading the discussion. if inclined to respond, it's the post with which you agree, disagree or have a comment to add. the forum is the sum total of us all. FTR, enjoy your posts, as well as most here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I think just about everyone feels ignored, to some extent, at one time or another, antibody. with the number of posters and posts, it's hard to respond to most of them. doesn't mean they're not read and enjoyed by others. I read everyone's post if I'm reading the discussion. if inclined to respond, it's the post with which you agree, disagree or have a comment to add. the forum is the sum total of us all. FTR, enjoy your posts, as well as most here.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

As I said J-BAY, I'm not thin skinned. I certainly don't expect every one of my posts to be answered. When no one responds, I usually assume it's because what I have to say could just be boring. I was just trying to offer encouragement (ln my own wierd way) to someone who seems a little skittish about posting here. I wasn't attacking you as much as offering another perspective. You know as well as I do how rough it can be around here if you let yourself take too many things too personally. I hope you know that I meant no offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : As I said J-BAY, I'm not thin skinned. I certainly don't expect every one of my posts to be answered. When no one responds, I usually assume it's because what I have to say could just be boring. I was just trying to offer encouragement (ln my own wierd way) to someone who seems a little skittish about posting here. I wasn't attacking you as much as offering another perspective. You know as well as I do how rough it can be around here if you let yourself take too many things too personally. I hope you know that I meant no offense.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

I didn't at all, antibody. actually, just wanted you and/or anyone else who felt that way, to keep on keepin' on. all the posters here make the forum what it is, which is good most of the time. has it's ups and downs, along with the team, but such is life, real or on the internet. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I felt the same way when I first started posting.  Quite often I still do.  Say one negative thing, "you're a Yankee Troll!"  Too positive, "you're a pathetic Francona apologist!"  "You're Softlaw!"  "You're Pike!"  "You're this, you're that!"

It's a bizarre & somewhat inbred forum!  The ultimate insider's club, for those with an enormous amount of time on their hands!  Somebody questions you, so you tweak them back over doing the same thing they've accused you of, you're a marked man!  I can definitely see how intimidating it would be for somebody not used to defending their every word with a passion.  Make a slip up, & say something not quite baked?  WATCH OUT!

I thought about bagging it early on, as it can be more than DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!  Ironic, since the biggest topic on the forum has been the RS dysfunction????

In the end, I realized most of the guys on here are pretty nice.  :)

Of course there's Softy.......  What can anyone make of him :(

So........

Is this brown shirt rumor true???  I haven't bothered following it, as it sounds as insane as anything I've ever heard on here.  If people want to pretend being someone their not, who the hell cares?  It sure as hell doesn't effect me.  I could give a rip who somebody is pretending to be.  That's their issue, not mine.  What are we all shrinks now?  Brown shirts?  Please!  Softy???  OK!  Purge him!!!!!!

?????  Well...  That wouldn't be much fun either!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I didn't at all, antibody. actually, just wanted you and/or anyone else who felt that way, to keep on keepin' on. all the posters here make the forum what it is, which is good most of the time. has it's ups and downs, along with the team, but such is life, real or on the internet. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No worries. I'm not going to be scared off by a few lunatics, of which I'm one. I wanted to keep this thread going but I had to leave. Monthly union meeting.
    If you think this group can skate over the edge, you should meet our local. The truth is, I come to this forum for a little peace. Sheesh. I'll say no more. Although if Softy sees this he'll go off about big labor. I hope that doesn't happen but if it does I apologize in advance.
    In any case I wanted to keep this thread alive because it's starting to go in a good direction. ArkaSox makes some very good points that some long time posters need to think about.
    So.
    Think.

Sections
Shortcuts