Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I felt the same way when I first started posting.  Quite often I still do.  Say one negative thing, "you're a Yankee Troll!"  Too positive, "you're a pathetic Francona apologist!"  "You're Softlaw!"  "You're Pike!"  "You're this, you're that!" It's a bizarre & somewhat inbred forum!  The ultimate insider's club, for those with an enormous amount of time on their hands!  Somebody questions you, so you tweak them back over doing the same thing they've accused you of, you're a marked man!  I can definitely see how intimidating it would be for somebody not used to defending their every word with a passion.  Make a slip up, & say something not quite baked?  WATCH OUT! I thought about bagging it early on, as it can be more than DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!  Ironic, since the biggest topic on the forum has been the RS dysfunction???? In the end, I realized most of the guys on here are pretty nice.  :) Of course there's Softy.......  What can anyone make of him :( So........ Is this brown shirt rumor true???  I haven't bothered following it, as it sounds as insane as anything I've ever heard on here.  If people want to pretend being someone their not, who the hell cares?  It sure as hell doesn't effect me.  I could give a rip who somebody is pretending to be.  That's their issue, not mine.  What are we all shrinks now?  Brown shirts?  Please!  Softy???  OK!  Purge him!!!!!! ?????  Well...  That wouldn't be much fun either!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

A bizarre and somewhat inbred forum. Not sure just yet how I feel about being included in such a group but... very true and (I think) very funny.
    I know exactly how it feels  to say the wrong thing and to have a howling mob descend on you complete with torches and pitchforks. Fortunately for me, defending my every word is second nature to me. (see above post)
    I take breaks here and there but always come back in spite of the dysfunction. Or perhaps because of it.
    As far as the "brown shirt rumor"? I know how and where it got started but I'd rather not say. I could also speculate as to what it might be about. But I won't. It doesn't matter. People can say they are anyone or anything on the internet and I don't really care either. Shrinks?...ah never mind. And then there's Softy.
    All I can say to that is ... oy.
    So. I don't know if this has helped ArkaSox any or not. I hope he decides to sign in to the B o o b y Hatch (see James Thurber) and join the fun. If not, who could blame him? I do hope that some of our long time members will keep this thread going as a reminder that we were once new here wondering how we were going to survive among such rabid jackals and asking ourselves if it would be worth the trouble.
    On that happy note - until we meet...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.

Bottom line: It's an internet message board, so posters get to say things to other posters they'd never dare say face-to-face. Everybody here can be 6-foot-4, 220 pounds with 18-inch biceps. Taking anything personally here would be a waste.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed.:
    Bottom line: It's an internet message board, so posters get to say things to other posters they'd never dare say face-to-face. Everybody here can be 6-foot-4, 220 pounds with 18-inch biceps. Taking anything personally here would be a waste.
    Posted by LloydDobler

I'm not 6'4" and I'm not 220 lbs. but I do have an 18"... uh, better not go there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I'm not 6'4" and I'm not 220 lbs. but I do have an 18"... uh, better not go there.
    Posted by antibody

Are you John Dillinger?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Are you John Dillinger?
    Posted by LloydDobler

No. Milton Berle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Another thread that is much ado about nothing.
    Posted by Clamshack1

As are most of your posts. By the way, are you mikey or pikey? Doesn't matter. Either way you're as entertaining as rain on a picnic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think Clamshack has been deleted. Maybe he was Babe, considering Babe used to hang out in a clam shack on the beach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : As are most of your posts. By the way, are you mikey or pikey? Doesn't matter. Either way you're as entertaining as rain on a picnic.
    Posted by antibody

LOL according to J-Bay, Clamshack is Mikey doing Pikey.  Pretty sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : No. Milton Berle.
    Posted by antibody

Yikes!!

You win!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : LOL according to J-Bay, Clamshack is Mikey doing Pikey.  Pretty sad.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

That's what I've been reading here lately. Trolls imitating trolls. What next?
    Sorry. I retract the question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I know what you mean about the hundreds of thousands of posts, in spite of what J-BAY might tell you. As you can see, I have been here for over three years with over 2500 posts and am still quite often ignored. Granted, at times I can come across as an a**hole, but then so can most everyone else here at one time or other. You cite many good examples for why you might be ignored. A lot of folks here have their pet axes to grind and only want to associate with those who are like minded (or mindless) and will do their best to degrade and/or  embarrass you or otherwise discourage you by not responding at all. Don't let those things bother you. If you have an opinion that you want to get out, let it fly. Remember, you're no better or worse, or any more right or wrong than any of the rest of us Zinzonies who post here. A thick skin and immunity to insults are helpful attributes if you want to survive here, or on any of the BDC forums. I don't know what else to tell you right now other than enjoy yourself and  "Welcome to the Looney Bin." Oh there is one more thing... I tried to smoke Astroturf once... Don't.
    Posted by antibody

And +1, BTW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : LOL according to J-Bay, Clamshack is Mikey doing Pikey.  Pretty sad.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Mikey was swearing up and down that it is not him. I don't know who to believe anymore. Maybe it is a good idea to ban all Yankee fans. At least it will be once less headache for me when trying to decipher through all the B.S. here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

BDC Dottie has issued a press release today.  The " good " Yankee fans will not be banned, after all.  However , anyone who replies to a post with " Newsflash " , " You do realize " , " What he said " ,  " +1 " , or " " True dat " , will have their IP address permanently banned from the Internet. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

BDC Dottie has issued a press release today.  The " good " Yankee fans will not be banned, after all.  However , anyone who replies to a post with " Newsflash " , " You do realize " , " What he said " ,  " +1 " , or " " True dat " , will have their IP address permanently banned from the Internet. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

Cool. Instead of "Newsflash"  I will lead with "Listen up you dumb little penny".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Cool. Instead of "Newsflash"  I will lead with "Listen up you dumb little penny".
    Posted by snakeoil123

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Also banned , any " dude " who tries to be " cool " by using " dude " and " cool " in their posts. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Also under consideration for a lifetime ban ; any poster who advises another poster to put a third poster on " ignore."  This will no longer be tolerated. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Also banned , any " dude " who tries to be " cool " by using " dude " and " cool " in their posts. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

Far out, bro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Not having come here regularly in almost a year, I can only imagine what this board has been like this season. It's a zoo even in the best of times.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : +1
    Posted by ThefourBs

What he said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Also under consideration for a lifetime ban ; any poster who advises another poster to put a third poster on " ignore."  This will no longer be tolerated. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

I assume cut & pasting portions of other's posts will be a no-no.

I'm going to have to start writing these down...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : I assume cut & pasting portions of other's posts will be a no-no. I'm going to have to start writing these down...
    Posted by ThefourBs

There will be more to come.  Feel free to take notes.  Just trying to make this forum be all that it can be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

One doesn't try to be cool.  One just is.

What other words and phrases make you mad?  Did you just wake up from your nap?

I talk on here the way I choose to talk.  I suggest you do the same.  Mom.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : Mikey was swearing up and down that it is not him. I don't know who to believe anymore. Maybe it is a good idea to ban all Yankee fans. At least it will be once less headache for me when trying to decipher through all the B.S. here.
    Posted by jesseyeric

It's hard to know what to believe around here these days. I believe that Yankee fans should not be banned just because they are Yankee fans. What then? We'll have pike/kst/softy running all over the board having victory parades? Ugh. If there is anything at all to this (???) It may be another run at some kind of a private forum where, theoretically, only Red Sox fans can enter. I don't see how they can reliably pull something like that off and it's just a guess, I don't really know anything about it. I do know this board would be a much poorer place without the perspective of fans from other teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Another thread about the so called "ban" on NYY fans......an important question that I've not seen addressed. : One doesn't try to be cool.  One just is. What other words and phrases make you mad?  Did you just wake up from your nap? I talk on here the way I choose to talk.  I suggest you do the same.  Mom.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I am compiling a list of other things that will need to be banned. Stay tuned. In the interim , you will still be permitted to talk the way you choose to talk.  No matter how dumb it may be.

Sections
Shortcuts