Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

Be nice if he flopped, I'm always pleasantly surprised on the too rare occasions when things don't go yanks way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]The story of Mark Teixeira’s 2010 and 2011 seasons centers on overall disappointment. His batting average dropped precipitously, and it affected all of his numbers. Unless he brings up his batting average, which will in turn prop up his other numbers, Teixeira will be seen as a disappointment.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

Tex isn't a complete bust. He still has some power.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Be nice if he flopped, I'm always pleasantly surprised on the too rare occasions when things don't go yanks way.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE] ah, shadddup......Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

Actually Nova may be latest bust.  Check out his line from today.  Like Hughes he couldn't get through his outing.  Yankees may be in trouble this year.  There is no Colon to save them.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Nova may be latest bust.  Check out his line from today.  Like Hughes he couldn't get through his outing.  Yankees may be in trouble this year.  There is no Colon to save them.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

You say that every year. You are the Rush Limbaugh of Yankeedom.

OTOH, perhaps you didn't see distinguished Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan's assessment of this years RS; largely based on their pitching.

I predict they'll finish 3rd, and that's disrespecting Toronto.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Odd being the operative word. He does it to provoke a response and bring attention to his cause. I wouldn't have feed into it if I hadn't realized he had deleted his own post to accused me of reporting it, which I didn't. sad really.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think that's called a troll, J_BAY. Now, he's talking to himself, for most to see. That's really sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Who knows where this thread has gone but my response to the initial post..... A guy not getting up to full velocity in 2 innings is not news, a guy not getting up to full velocity in 2 innings during his first start of spring training is whatever 100 notches below "not news" is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Tex isn't a complete bust. He still has some power.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I know it's tough for someone with your limited intelligence, but please try to follow along and stay on topic. If you want to talk about Tex perhaps you should start a thread about him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

In Response to Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys!  Baseball's back and that means I am too.  You can't not keep a good man down. I see that the Yankees latest pitching fenom, Michael Pineda, came to camp overweight and was only hitting 89 mph in his first start.  Sounds like the Yankees may have another Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, AJ Burnett, etc on their hands.  Instead of costing them money this time, it cost them a potential future hall of famer in Jesus Monervo.  We'll see what happens, but this could be another one of cashman's blunders.

Welcome back Smiley? Are the inmates from Rikers Island still running the asylum? Are they still throwing rocks at the Moon? One would think that Gov. Cuomo could find some funds in the State budget for a baseball forum for Yankee fans by now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : You say that every year. You are the Rush Limbaugh of Yankeedom. OTOH, perhaps you didn't see distinguished Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan's assessment of this years RS; largely based on their pitching. I predict they'll finish 3rd, and that's disrespecting Toronto.   
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Hey Steve, we're talking about this year, and you'll have to agree that this far the Yankee staff looks week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]The story of Mark Teixeira’s 2010 and 2011 seasons centers on overall disappointment. His batting average dropped precipitously, and it affected all of his numbers. Unless he brings up his batting average, which will in turn prop up his other numbers, Teixeira will be seen as a disappointment.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

That's great pike, but this is not a thread about Tex.

Once again you show that reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Hey Steve, we're talking about this year, and you'll have to agree that this far the Yankee staff looks week.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE] this week or last week?....Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? :  this week or last week?....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Haha Jeet, your a funny guy.  Every week!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Ah, the stale whiff of desperation when absolutely anything a Yankee does that is not 100% perfect--even in the first week of spring training-- breathes some life into a Sox fan. Yanks do set a high bar. And after a 2011 for the ages for the Sox, you want to be in the mix. Not hard to understand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Hey Steve, we're talking about this year, and you'll have to agree that this far the Yankee staff looks week.

Every year you're talking about this yr; you also used that excuse last yr; this is more self-contradicting buffoonery; but I guess that adds color here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

After the storm has passed and the dust has settled I am very happy that we have AGon and they have Teixiera. That Jewish boy with the guitar sure knew his stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]  Agreed, but Montero isnt an elite prospect.  He's a generational prospect.  I think that is unlikely if he can't catch. This has been discussed a lot, but if Montero is a DH...? Some scouts aren't convinced: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/20220303lavarnway_catching_on_sox_prospect_in_better_position/ But Several talent evaluators insist Lavarnway may be just as good a hitter . And although he never has been regarded as highly for his defense, many consider his catching skills to be superior to Montero’s . “ I think it’s a pretty good comparison,” one National League scout said. “ Montero, I know when we talked about him, we thought you continue to pursue catching the same way Toronto once did with (Carlos) Delgado, and at a certain point, maybe he’s Miguel Cabrera at first base. I think Lavarnway has a better chance of staying behind the plate.”  Too much variability w pitchers (which is why the top 10 players selected in a given draft are generally hitters).  true  But I wouldnt trade montero for him.  A catcher who can hit third in your lineup?  Big question still!!!  Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Montero is still a very young prospect at only 21 when LaVarnway was 21 he was only in A ball. Give Montero some time.

I didn't like the trade either if Pineda flops Cashman will never be forgiven by a large segment of Yankee fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

But stronger than the Pirates now that AJ us out

Tongue Out

Wow - this forum missed you Smiley.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? :  this week or last week?....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Beni's act purposely includes misspellings just like Babe's act includes faulty logic and a lack of reason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I don't think pineida will last with the yanks. I heard hi is afraid of needles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE] Montero is still a very young prospect at only 21 when LaVarnway was 21 he was only in A ball. Give Montero some time. I didn't like the trade either if Pineda flops Cashman will never be forgiven by a large segment of Yankee fans.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

TWM

Do you mean his catching needs more time? or is he a Napoli type now?

I brought up the Lava/Montero comp b/c (as many have pointed out) Montero is ranked as an elite prospect unlike Lava.  Yet it is easy to find scouts comparing Lava favourably.  

I feel it is fair to question if Montero is a "generational" prospect.   We can only go on what the scouts have said b/c neither has been seen much by any of us.  IMO the scouting is confusing: on one hand Montero is much higher in rankings while on the other hand his catching has been denegrated over the last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]  Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE] Montero is still a very young prospect at only 21 when LaVarnway was 21 he was only in A ball.  Give Montero some time . I didn't like the trade either if Pineda flops Cashman will never be forgiven by a large segment of Yankee fans. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] TWM Do you mean his catching needs more time? or is he a Napoli type now? I brought up the Lava/Montero comp b/c (as many have pointed out) Montero is ranked as an elite prospect unlike Lava.  Yet it is easy to find scouts comparing Lava favourably.   I feel it is fair to question if Montero is a "generational" prospect.   We can only go on what the scouts have said b/c neither has been seen much by any of us.  IMO the scouting is confusing: on one hand Montero is much higher in rankings while on the other hand his catching has been denegrated over the last year.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I don't think the LaVarnway-Montero is a good comparison.

The only point that I would make or was trying to is that I read about the comparisons being made between LaVarnway and Montero which I don't agree with because of their respective ages. LaVarnway is a few years older, they are both good prospects Montero obviously the more advanced while at age 21. Who knows what he will be in 2 years, Ryan Lavarnway's current age.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : That's great pike, but this is not a thread about Tex. Once again you show that reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Babe vs. Pike.......I love it. It is a rare occasion that two such epic trolls in a race for the most bans and screen names in the history of BDC take each other on.

It is akin to Ali vs. Frazier III

Sections
Shortcuts