Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : So you think he would have gotten on the job training with the big club? You think he ould have been better served being the back up catcher and getting in maybe one game a week? Posted by TBINFL
    No, he was projected to be the primary DH; instead we have Raul  " .289-OBP" Ibanez. I'm also looking forward to his range in cavernous YS LF, whenever Gardner's not there.
    Posted by nhsteven

He might have been the primary DH this season but moving forward it's more likely to be a rotation of Arod, Jeter and Tex.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : An unmistakeable pike-style post
    Posted by nhsteven

Anyone who has read the forum for the last year knows that Kim always posted in the middle of the night ( midnight to 8 am). Don't you ever notice which posters are on that shift.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You actually keep track as to what time someone is on this forum? Wow!

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I don't believe you deleted your own post. I think it's incredibly rare for someone to do that. I certainly don't take the time to type up a post to delete it myself, and I've had posts deleted, and on one occasion was also told I deleted it myself. Not a chance. The content of your post pretty much tells the story. IMO
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Thanks Kim. J-Bay claimed that I deleted the post by claiming that it was still listed under previous activity on the right side of my profile page. I checked on that and it was not there neither. His aire of confidence in saying that made his gang figure that he was right and thus nobody else checked it out to prove him right or wrong. The clicque doesn't have to be objective and want the truth. It is sad that BDC gave J-Bay him the task of being the offsite moderator. The Yankee contingent must be rolling in laughter that they have one of theirs on the inside.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Thanks Kim. J-Bay claimed that I deleted the post by claiming that it was still listed under previous activity on the right side of my profile page. I checked on that and it was not there neither. His aire of confidence in saying that made his gang figure that he was right and thus nobody else checked it out to prove him right or wrong. The clicque doesn't have to be objective and want the truth. It is sad that BDC gave J-Bay him the task of being the offsite moderator. The Yankee contingent must be rolling in laughter that they have one of theirs on the inside.
    Posted by lowelll

Not good news on David Robertson, MRI showed "cause for concern." Going in for more tests. Wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a Wang-like Lisfranc dislocation. Maybe the weight-bearing x-ray comes out clean but if they are going to give him a CT scan on the foot that itself is a reason for yanks worry about something being wrong. Lisfranc dislocations are hard to see on regular x-rays so this MRI must have revealed some separation. Could be bad news for yanks this year.
    Posted by bald-predictions

What is Dr. Western Oregon's diagnosis?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? :
    Posted by FortMeade

So pike, you never answered my question a while back.

Do you have multiple computers that are logged in as your various different monikers or do you have to continually log in and log out every time you want to talk to yourself?

And if you do have multiple computers, do you have them marked so you won't get confused as to which moniker you are posting other? Or are they color coded, pink for when you are in your kim persona, yellow for lowelll, etc?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : So pike, you never answered my question a while back. Do you have multiple computers that are logged in as your various different monikers or do you have to continually log in and log out every time you want to talk to yourself? And if you do have multiple computers, do you have them marked so you won't get confused as to which moniker you are posting other? Or are they color coded, pink for when you are in your kim persona, yellow for lowelll, etc?
    Posted by TBINFL

I do recall that question but it was from a poster with the moniker of TBHSTM1969 or wasit TWM before they both were AWOL from the forum for two weeks. What a coincidence they they both took a two week vacation at the same time. What might have happened instead was that TBSHTM1969 was banned and TWM thought that he was also banned. Anyway I read the hysterical rant that TWM had the other day before it was bumped from page #3 up to page#1. TWM saw it there and quickly deleted every single post out of shame. He later invited others to kizz his big Irish azz, temper, temper.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I do recall that question but it was from a poster with the moniker of TBHSTM1969 or wasit TWM before they both were AWOL from the forum for two weeks. What a coincidence they they both took a two week vacation at the same time. What might have happened instead was that TBSHTM1969 was banned and TWM thought that he was also banned. Anyway I read the hysterical rant that TWM had the other day before it was bumped from page #3 up to page#1. TWM saw it there and quickly deleted every single post out of shame. He later invited others to kizz his big Irish azz, temper, temper.
    Posted by FortMeade

Again you side stepped the question.

So which is it, multiple computers or very good at the log in / log out thing?

Inquiring minds want to know.........

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Anyone who has read the forum for the last year knows that Kim always posted in the middle of the night ( midnight to 8 am). Don't you ever notice which posters are on that shift.
    Posted by lowelll

So then why bother bringing it up? Are you concerned about when she eats dinner too?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! (to the tune of Welcome Back Kotter)

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : So then why bother bringing it up? Are you concerned about when she eats dinner too?
    Posted by nhsteven

It was mentioned because everyone here thinks that Kim and Pike are the same poster. Kim is always on ( until recently ) during the hours that Pike is not. It is very easy to see who posts overnight by coming in here after you wake up and looking at recent posts. It doesn't take a genius to make that deduction. If you still think that they are the same poster then explain when this poster sleeps?

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    Hi guys!  Baseball's back and that means I am too.  You can't not keep a good man down. I see that the Yankees latest pitching fenom, Michael Pineda, came to camp overweight and was only hitting 89 mph in his first start.  Sounds like the Yankees may have another Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, AJ Burnett, etc on their hands.  Instead of costing them money this time, it cost them a potential future hall of famer in Jesus Monervo.  We'll see what happens, but this could be another one of cashman's blunders.
    Posted by Smileys_Back
    Don't put all the blame on Pineda. I heard he spent the off season with Beckett. As for Montero being a future HOF, you got to be kidding or perhaps a little rusty from inactivity.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Furthermore it looks like Seattle intends to have him catch. I watched Yogi Berra as a kid develope into a decent defensive catcher and personally had a few problems with Posada's defense but his hitting kept him on the field. If Montero's bat is what most scouts expect it to be I think the catching gaffes will be overlooked. But honestly i don't know at this stage of his career how good he will be defensively. Mike Piazza was another good hitting catcher with a so-so glove. Posted by ThatWasMe
    Is Montero's .814 OPS at AAA at age 21 really that much better than Lavarnway's .907 OPS in A ball?  The problem for Montero is he was better at the same level at age 20 than his was at age 21.  If he spends this year at AAA, and his numbers drop again, and he fails to improve defensively, you might not see him on anybody's top prospect list. Posted by slomag
    Unless he's lost during the spring, Montero is not going to be at AAA this yr; and may I remind you of the large comparative #s between these 2 during their respective cups of coffee at the bigs last yr, in addition to the age difference. Also it is commonplace for scouts to disagree on prospects, even in the cases of Moore, Darvish, Strasburg, & Harper. Based on what occurred last Aug-Sep, your should give your prediction/projection prowess a rest.
    Posted by nhsteven

• I wasn't making a prediction - just saying that youth is attractive in prospects because it represents potential, but the numbers have the final say.  If you have a 24-year-old who has improved with every year, at every level - that's more valuable than a 21-year-old with a great swing whose numbers are regressing.  Montero looked great in his callup, but he had been heating up at the end of the season at AAA.  Is he a streaky hitter, or was playing hurt for a lot of the year?  Lavarnway had a ridiculous hot streak in July & August last year - I'm sure if his call up co-incided with this streak, his numbers would have been comparable.

BTW, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that my prediction was that the Yankees would play .500 ball the last two months, and that Garcia and Colon could not stay healthy and effective.  They actually played .550 ball, and Garcia missed 2 weeks in August and had a 5.22 ERA over the last two months. Colon's ERA was 5.37 in that time.  Sure, I missed a total collapse by the Sox, but add the Agon and Lavarnway predictions (my first post was 2 years ago on this kid), and I'd say I'm looking like the BDC Nostradamus right now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Is Montero's .814 OPS at AAA at age 21 really that much better than Lavarnway's .907 OPS in A ball?  The problem for Montero is he was better at the same level at age 20 than his was at age 21.  If he spends this year at AAA, and his numbers drop again, and he fails to improve defensively, you might not see him on anybody's top prospect list. Posted by slomag
    Unless he's lost during the spring, Montero is not going to be at AAA this yr; and may I remind you of the large comparative #s between these 2 during their respective cups of coffee at the bigs last yr, in addition to the age difference. Also it is commonplace for scouts to disagree on prospects, even in the cases of Moore, Darvish, Strasburg, & Harper. Based on what occurred last Aug-Sep, your should give your prediction/projection prowess a rest. Posted by nhsteven
    I wasn't making a prediction - just saying that youth is attractive in prospects because it represents potential, but the numbers have the final say.  If you have a 24-year-old who has improved with every year, at every level - that's more valuable than a 21-year-old with a great swing whose numbers are regressing.  Montero looked great in his callup, but he had been heating up at the end of the season at AAA.  Is he a streaky hitter, or was playing hurt for a lot of the year?  Lavarnway had a ridiculous hot streak in July & August last year - I'm sure if his call up co-incided with this streak, his numbers would have been comparable. BTW, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that my prediction was that the Yankees would play .500 ball the last two months, and that Garcia and Colon could not stay healthy and effective.  They actually played .550 ball, and Garcia missed 2 weeks in August and had a 5.22 ERA over the last two months. Colon's ERA was 5.37 in that time.  Sure, I missed a total collapse by the Sox, but add the Agon and Lavarnway predictions (my first post was 2 years ago on this kid), and I'd say I'm looking like the BDC Nostradamus right now.
    Posted by slomag

• I think SPC might have something to say about that Tongue out.

if you think you have any locks during the season, make sure you let me know.

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Is Montero's .814 OPS at AAA at age 21 really that much better than Lavarnway's .907 OPS in A ball?  The problem for Montero is he was better at the same level at age 20 than his was at age 21.  If he spends this year at AAA, and his numbers drop again, and he fails to improve defensively, you might not see him on anybody's top prospect list. Posted by slomag
    Unless he's lost during the spring, Montero is not going to be at AAA this yr; and may I remind you of the large comparative #s between these 2 during their respective cups of coffee at the bigs last yr, in addition to the age difference. Also it is commonplace for scouts to disagree on prospects, even in the cases of Moore, Darvish, Strasburg, & Harper. Based on what occurred last Aug-Sep, your should give your prediction/projection prowess a rest. Posted by nhsteven
    I wasn't making a prediction - just saying that youth is attractive in prospects because it represents potential, but the numbers have the final say.  If you have a 24-year-old who has improved with every year, at every level - that's more valuable than a 21-year-old with a great swing whose numbers are regressing.  Montero looked great in his callup, but he had been heating up at the end of the season at AAA.  Is he a streaky hitter, or was playing hurt for a lot of the year?  Lavarnway had a ridiculous hot streak in July & August last year - I'm sure if his call up co-incided with this streak, his numbers would have been comparable. BTW, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that my prediction was that the Yankees would play .500 ball the last two months, and that Garcia and Colon could not stay healthy and effective.  They actually played .550 ball, and Garcia missed 2 weeks in August and had a 5.22 ERA over the last two months. Colon's ERA was 5.37 in that time.  Sure, I missed a total collapse by the Sox, but add the Agon and Lavarnway predictions (my first post was 2 years ago on this kid), and I'd say I'm looking like the BDC Nostradamus right now.
    Posted by slomag

• .550 ball is not a collapse, which is what I thought you said at the time. Garcia slit his finger with a kitchen knife cooking. In Agon & Lavarnway's (from the POV he is now a hot prospect after relative obscurity) cases, I'll give you that.

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Thanks Kim. J-Bay claimed that I deleted the post by claiming that it was still listed under previous activity on the right side of my profile page. I checked on that and it was not there neither. His aire of confidence in saying that made his gang figure that he was right and thus nobody else checked it out to prove him right or wrong. The clicque doesn't have to be objective and want the truth. It is sad that BDC gave J-Bay him the task of being the offsite moderator. The Yankee contingent must be rolling in laughter that they have one of theirs on the inside.
    Posted by lowelll

How, exactly, do you know this?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It was mentioned because everyone here thinks that Kim and Pike are the same poster. Kim is always on ( until recently ) during the hours that Pike is not. It is very easy to see who posts overnight by coming in here after you wake up and looking at recent posts. It doesn't take a genius to make that deduction. If you still think that they are the same poster then explain when this poster sleeps?
    Posted by lowelll

It sounds like Lois Lane's question to Clark Kent. How come every time Superman disappears, you show up?

And FWIW, you  are mistaken in my opinions; I never, ever, ever, thought Pike was Kim, told her this many times, and criticized those that did. Also, Kim DOES post here during the day sometimes. Finally, there are some individuals who sleep in an irregular fashion, and can then post accordingly.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : How, exactly, do you know this?
    Posted by nhsteven

BDC better have the check in the mail. Wink

Harness should be returning any time now, along with some of the other season regulars

• You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Youk - I was thining about the new lyrics - you should consider this new edit: And that time over at Jessey's place Well this chick got up and she slapped Jessey's face Man we just fell about the place If Kim don't want to know, forget her I think this sticks closer to the song and actually story. Plus I think Kim would love the chance to slap me once or twice.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I love it Jessey, and me thinks you might enjoy a little discipline from Kim too.

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? :  BDC better have the check in the mail. Harness should be returning any time now, along with some of the other season regulars
    Posted by J-BAY

Looking forward to him returning; none of the recent behavior, by the usual protagonists, shall surprise him

• You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Looking forward to him returning; none of the recent behavior, by the usual protagonists, shall surprise him
    Posted by nhsteven

Agreed, on both counts

• Sections
    Shortcuts