Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : But sadly kim is not a chick, he's pike.
    Posted by TBINFL

Said the guy who spends his whole day insulting fans on a rival team's forum, and his nights, admittedly, at a Sox bar tormenting the fans there. I'm guessing there are no women in your world.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Thanks Kim. J-Bay claimed that I deleted the post by claiming that it was still listed under previous activity on the right side of my profile page. I checked on that and it was not there neither. His aire of confidence in saying that made his gang figure that he was right and thus nobody else checked it out to prove him right or wrong. The clicque doesn't have to be objective and want the truth. It is sad that BDC gave J-Bay him the task of being the offsite moderator. The Yankee contingent must be rolling in laughter that they have one of theirs on the inside.
    Posted by lowelll

I was told the same thing, and I never deleted a post. And I believe J-Bay is being used. He just seems to enjoy the attention, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : If you still think that they are the same poster then explain when this poster sleeps? that's the problem   no sleep =cranky all the time never said U2 weren't a girl you'ld have to be
    Posted by pinstripezac

Actually, you'd have to be with all the crying you do here about Sox fans' posts. IMO your posts calling me another poster should be removed, since I have no other screennames here and the mods have to know that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It sounds like Lois Lane's question to Clark Kent. How come every time Superman disappears, you show up? And FWIW, you  are mistaken in my opinions; I never, ever, ever, thought Pike was Kim, told her this many times, and criticized those that did. Also, Kim DOES post here during the day sometimes. Finally, there are some individuals who sleep in an irregular fashion, and can then post accordingly.
    Posted by nhsteven

You have told me that, and I appreciate it. Jessey has said so as well, and Jete knows this. It appears to be a Zac, Babe and Mikeyinthebronx routine. Not surprising.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? :  BDC better have the check in the mail. Harness should be returning any time now, along with some of the other season regulars
    Posted by J-BAY

Let's be real, if that was the case, you would do it for free. Btw, that's a pretty ominous line about Harness coming back. Are you planning on getting him to help you remove Beni once again? Interesting since Sox fans are told they should just deal with Babe and his attacks on the Sox AND their fans. I guess it's different when a Sox fan questions the Yankees, and doesn't really go after their fans. That somehow seems more of a problem as far as you're concerned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The best feature of this site imo is the collection of diverse opinions which you will not find anywhere else. Not on any of the Yankee sites that I've been to. You can be sure if your post is even remotely about the greatest rivalry in all of sports it will be challenged by some very knowledgeable thoughtful posters. That's why I'm here. I can't understand why any poster would object to the broad  diverse group of fans who gather here, it is not what is wrong with this site but quite the contrary.   
    Posted by ThatWasMe

This post should really have been written by the Yankee PR poster, but I guess you'll do. You sound like a politician, completely ignoring what the complaints actually are. It has nothing to do with diverse opinions. It has to do with Yankee fans that come here to attack Sox fans, and Sox players, and telling Sox fans they have to keep it real and not be too positive, while they can be accepted homers when it comes to their own team. Unbelievable. I've never heard any of their pals defend the abusive Yankee fans without saying they are homers.

Why do Sox fans have to take abuse, and never be too confident about their own team on their own board? It makes zero sense. That's why you can't find a Yankee board where that happens. They wouldn't put up with that from Sox fans on their boards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't agree with how kim lumps all the Yankee fans into one basket but in no way should we tolerate the poster who calls himself "the babe" as he has one purpose, to assault our team. Over and over again "it" makes fun of our beloved Red Sox without remission.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I don't agree with how kim lumps all the Yankee fans into one basket but in no way should we tolerate the poster who calls himself "the babe" as he has one purpose, to assault our team. Over and over again "it" makes fun of our beloved Red Sox without remission.
    Posted by BurritoT

Actually, I'm one of very few who don't lump them all together. Sox fans aren't viewed as one whole, why should Yankee fans be viewed that way? And when he first returned, he put "HISTORIC collapse" in every thread he could. From what I understand, he has been posting on the ESPN boards abusing Sox fans. If this was a Yankee board and he was a Sox fan, everyone would be saying the same thing you are. For whatever reason, he gets a free pass here. It's really unbelievable as far as sports boards go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    Hi guys!  Baseball's back and that means I am too.  You can't not keep a good man down. I see that the Yankees latest pitching fenom, Michael Pineda, came to camp overweight and was only hitting 89 mph in his first start.  Sounds like the Yankees may have another Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, AJ Burnett, etc on their hands.  Instead of costing them money this time, it cost them a potential future hall of famer in Jesus Monervo.  We'll see what happens, but this could be another one of cashman's blunders.
    Posted by Smileys_Back

185 posts in response, so far.
    Is it you, Smiley, or the Jangee baiting????   :o)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : LOL. I'm not really a slapper. More a get-up-and-leaver. Although, I'm willing to make an exception in your case. :)
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Only if you are wearing leather.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : This post should really have been written by the Yankee PR poster, but I guess you'll do. You sound like a politician, completely ignoring what the complaints actually are. It has nothing to do with diverse opinions. It has to do with Yankee fans that come here to attack Sox fans, and Sox players, and telling Sox fans they have to keep it real and not be too positive, while they can be accepted homers when it comes to their own team. Unbelievable. I've never heard any of their pals defend the abusive Yankee fans without saying they are homers. Why do Sox fans have to take abuse, and never be too confident about their own team on their own board? It makes zero sense. That's why you can't find a Yankee board where that happens. They wouldn't put up with that from Sox fans on their boards.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

You speaking for yourself.

Thanks for your opinion it is one of many here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

C'mon Sox fans - do you really want to be able to post things like "Jeter can't carry Aviles's jock" and only see responses like "true dat" and "nice post".  Defending our point of views is the fun part of the forum - without Yankee fans, we'd just be agreeing with one another.

Here's one to stir the pot - I stepped through the globe's position by position comparison, and the only clear-cut Yankee wins, IMO were 3B and the bullpen.  There were a lot of close calls, but all in all it seemed like the Sox had a decisively better team.  Am I wrong?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

C'mon Sox fans - do you really want to be able to post things like "Jeter can't carry Aviles's jock" and only see responses like "true dat" and "nice post".  Defending our point of views is the fun part of the forum - without Yankee fans, we'd just be agreeing with one another. Here's one to stir the pot - I stepped through the globe's position by position comparison, and the only clear-cut Yankee wins, IMO were 3B and the bullpen.  There were a lot of close calls, but all in all it seemed like the Sox had a decisively better team.  Am I wrong?
    Posted by slomag

I'm not willing to concede third base or bullpen.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

C'mon Sox fans - do you really want to be able to post things like "Jeter can't carry Aviles's jock" and only see responses like "true dat" and "nice post".  Defending our point of views is the fun part of the forum - without Yankee fans, we'd just be agreeing with one another. Here's one to stir the pot - I stepped through the globe's position by position comparison, and the only clear-cut Yankee wins, IMO were 3B and the bullpen.  There were a lot of close calls, but all in all it seemed like the Sox had a decisively better team.  Am I wrong?
    Posted by slomag

Interesting how SP, perhaps the most important category, is not mentioned. Also, then why are there such dire predictions about where the RS shall end up?

Finally, the Globe's position by position comparison is about as insightful as the NY Post; to writ; how many Globe writers picked the Giants to win the SB?

I retract; few papers are as bad as the Post; at least some of the Globe writers attempt to tell it like it is. The Post is a comic book for dumbed down biased NYers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Interesting how SP, perhaps the most important category, is not mentioned. Also, then why are there such dire predictions about where the RS shall end up? Finally, the Globe's position by position comparison is about as insightful as the NY Post; to writ; how many Globe writers picked the Giants to win the SB? I retract; few papers are as bad as the Post; at least some of the Globe writers  attempt  to tell it like it is. The Post is a comic book for dumbed down biased NYers.
    Posted by nhsteven

This is true. But more for football than baseball.

The NY Post is a homer for the NY Giants and the Jets but all the baseball writers come from the Mets side of the house including Joel Sherman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Interesting how SP, perhaps the most important category, is not mentioned. Also, then why are there such dire predictions about where the RS shall end up? Finally, the Globe's position by position comparison is about as insightful as the NY Post; to writ; how many Globe writers picked the Giants to win the SB? I retract; few papers are as bad as the Post; at least some of the Globe writers  attempt  to tell it like it is. The Post is a comic book for dumbed down biased NYers.
    Posted by nhsteven

It was a public opinion poll, but I'm just speaking about my own opinion.  SP was all lumped into a single category, but I would have the breakdown like this:

Sabathia vs Beckett = advantage NYY
    Pineda vs Lester = advantage BOS
    Nova vs Buchholz = advantage BOS
    Kuroda vs Bard = advantage BOS
    Garcia vs Aceves = advangate BOS

On paper, I think this is advantage BOS by a fair margin, but I concede that either or both of Aceves & Bard could be disasters over the course of a long season.  And there is no guarantee this is even our starting rotation.  There are wild cards like Hughes and Andrew Miller on both sides as well.

I give the Yankees a big advantage in the bullpen (hoping Andrew Bailey will have me eating my words) and a fair advantage at 3B in months not ending with 'ber'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Touche.  I'm also particularly suprised that he came to camp out of shape.  If I was Pineda, I would keep myself in tip-top form and do everything in my control to repeat last year's success.  Try to set myself up for a 100 million dollar free agent contract! If he's coming into camp out of shape already....what's going to happen after he gets paid.
    Posted by Drewski5

You don't need velocity to be successful as Freddy Garcia has proved, Eck years ago and others throughout time.  If you have good stuff, control of your pitches and the intelligence to use your tools correctly there can be success. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It was a public opinion poll, but I'm just speaking about my own opinion.  SP was all lumped into a single category, but I would have the breakdown like this: Sabathia vs Beckett = advantage NYY Pineda vs Lester = advantage BOS Nova vs Buchholz = advantage BOS Kuroda vs Bard = advantage BOS Garcia vs Aceves = advangate BOS On paper, I think this is advantage BOS by a fair margin, but I concede that either or both of Aceves & Bard could be disasters over the course of a long season.  And there is no guarantee this is even our starting rotation.  There are wild cards like Hughes and Andrew Miller on both sides as well. I give the Yankees a big advantage in the bullpen (hoping Andrew Bailey will have me eating my words) and a fair advantage at 3B in months not ending with 'ber'.
    Posted by slomag

Your assessment of the SP is of the minority opinion, at least with respect to the experts. Also, perhaps you should look at the comparative SP ERAs last yr of the 2 teams (Yankees SP was more 2/3 of a run better), and the Yankees have apparently improved in that dep't. Also, I don't agree with your assessment; regardless, individual black and white comparisons are fraught with peril; there's degree of edge, amount of innings pitched, and rotations are not straight rotations, i.e, they are constructed differently depending on the team, schedule, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Your assessment of the SP is of the minority opinion; perhaps you should look at the comparative ERAs last yr (Yankees SP was more than a half a run better), and the Yankees have apparently improved in that dep't. Also, I don't agree with your individual comparisons, and individual comparisons like this, (considering rotations are not straight rotations ) are amateurish, to say the least. 
    Posted by nhsteven

What do you mean Steven?  Comparing pitchers no longer on the rosters is a better method than matching up our currently projected rotations?  I don't think Colon, Burnett, Lackey, Wake or Weiland are going to have much pull either way in 2012.

If we compare last year's ERAs for the projected starters, the only differences are Beckett over Sabathia and Kuroda over Buchholz, so it would still be 4-1 advantage Sox.  Of course, I don't expect Bard and Aceves to repeat their bullpen ERAs, but I don't expect Kuroda to enjoy his NL West ERA either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : What do you mean Steven?  Comparing pitchers no longer on the rosters is a better method than matching up our currently projected rotations?  I don't think Colon, Burnett, Lackey, Wake or Weiland are going to have much pull either way in 2012. If we compare last year's ERAs for the projected starters, the only differences are Beckett over Sabathia and Kuroda over Buchholz, so it would still be 4-1 advantage Sox.  Of course, I don't expect Bard and Aceves to repeat their bullpen ERAs, but I don't expect Kuroda to enjoy his NL West ERA either.
    Posted by slomag

Perhaps; regardless, individual black and white comparisons like this are fraught with peril; there's degree of subjective edge, amount of innings pitched, and rotations are constructed differently depending on the team, coach, schedule, etc. And your 4-1 advantage, is, quite, frankly, ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

In response to "Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?":
    In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It was a public opinion poll, but I'm just speaking about my own opinion.  SP was all lumped into a single category, but I would have the breakdown like this: Sabathia vs Beckett = advantage NYY Pineda vs Lester = advantage BOS Nova vs Buchholz = advantage BOS Kuroda vs Bard = advantage BOS Garcia vs Aceves = advangate BOS On paper, I think this is advantage BOS by a fair margin, but I concede that either or both of Aceves & Bard could be disasters over the course of a long season.  And there is no guarantee this is even our starting rotation.  There are wild cards like Hughes and Andrew Miller on both sides as well. I give the Yankees a big advantage in the bullpen (hoping Andrew Bailey will have me eating my words) and a fair advantage at 3B in months not ending with 'ber'. Posted by slomag
    On paper, the 2011 Red Sox had the advantage over the 2011 Yankees by a fair margin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It was a public opinion poll, but I'm just speaking about my own opinion.  SP was all lumped into a single category, but I would have the breakdown like this: Sabathia vs Beckett = advantage NYY Pineda vs Lester = advantage BOS Nova vs Buchholz = advantage BOS Kuroda vs Bard = advantage BOS Garcia vs Aceves = advangate BOS On paper, I think this is advantage BOS by a fair margin, but I concede that either or both of Aceves & Bard could be disasters over the course of a long season.  And there is no guarantee this is even our starting rotation.  There are wild cards like Hughes and Andrew Miller on both sides as well. I give the Yankees a big advantage in the bullpen (hoping Andrew Bailey will have me eating my words) and a fair advantage at 3B in months not ending with 'ber'.
    Posted by slomag

Really? So bard and aceves (neither of whom has had any success as starters) have the edge over two proven veterans? bard will have an innings limit and then you end up with a dicey dice k. Not to mention that it may be hard for aceves to make the innings leap to full time starter. Who comes in for him if he reaches his innings limit? At least with Kuroda and Garcia you know you have two guys that can navigate a full season as a starter in the majors. Neither aceves nor bard can say that at this point regardless of your slanted point of view.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pierreisme. Show pierreisme's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Agreed, but Montero isnt an elite prospect.  He's a generational prospect. Personally, I dont make that move.  Too much variability w pitchers (which is why the top 10 players selected in a given draft are generally hitters). Now would I trade Renaudo, Inglesias and Lavarnaway for Pineda?  In a heartbeat.  And had I made that trade, I would still be high on it (even after the velocity drop in his first outing). But I wouldnt trade montero for him.  A catcher who can hit third in your lineup?  I'd take that over any pitcher in the MLB (except for maybe Kershaw and Verlander)
    Posted by Drewski5

Lavarnway is considered just as good of a hitter as montero, so to say you would trade renaudo, iglesias and lavarnway for pineda but not montero makes little sense.
    reports after the trade was made said the red sox asked about pineda but said no when the mariners asked for ellsbury.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Lavarnway is considered just as good of a hitter as montero, so to say you would trade renaudo, iglesias and lavarnway for pineda but not montero makes little sense. reports after the trade was made said the red sox asked about pineda but said no when the mariners asked for ellsbury.
    Posted by pierreisme

But lavarnway is also a couple of years older than montero. So, progression wise, montero is ahead of lavarnway as far as hitting is concerned. Now, fielding on the other hand.....

Sections
Shortcuts