Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

Sorry everybody - I wouldn't normally participate in a thread hijacking, but you come back to a thread you were interested in, and find a couple of morons congratulating each other on the failure of a US energy investment, and it's hard to keep quiet.  I can buy the argument that oil investment is a temporary necessity, but if you're shouting 'drill baby drill' and thanking God for big oil, you've probably never had an original thought in your life.

In closing, if the views of ThatWasMe and CamelWalk were any weaker and further to the right, Derek Jeter would have trouble making a play on them.  There - we're back to baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : But the first guys you'll see promoted to the Bronx are pitching well, Phelps, Warren and DJ Mitchell. Didn't notice though did you?
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

You got one thing going for you.  

A new list of world beaters to replace the one's that bust.

Last year's list of "3 super B's".

Now standing @ 2 as one got shown the door a couple months back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : good luck with that HH it's not so hard to say it's his his head that's so  hard the big spending yanks who have wasted more money than anyone over the yrs  went cheap at the wrong time
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]Yep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : +2
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

sin - how many do you think will actually read the link?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Banuelos has 2 pitches and poor command.  Betances looked very good in 2010 in a small sample against A ballers, but was very hittable against age-appropriate competition in 2011.  Brackman was DFA'd after being destroyed at AAA.  The 2 other yankees (other than Montero) in the top BA 100 last year were Austin Romine (anybody want to trade Lavarnway straight-up?) and Gary Sanchez, who dropped 51 spots and had discipline issues.  

We keep hearing how great the Yankee farm system is, but it continues to prove to be a lot of hype.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : You're probably right, but I think they only do spot checks (unless a poster is reported); hence Bill getting busted for the caps. Good quote BTW.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Your grasping (if it's even true); want to compare that to Valerie Plame, which in Europe is known as a muilti-trillion dollar nuclear security breach (and was censored here); and was outed because of the unmasking of the fake story about uranium cake in Nigeria which was the excuse for Halliburton's war profiteering machine? Or the tax breaks for the super wealthy? Or the justice dep't mess? You're doing a helluva job Brownie.
    When in any of this have you deducted that I am a huge fan of GWB?  He made mistakes although cutting taxes wasn't one of them, this government spends too much money and he approved a lot of it, so I am not a huge fan of his.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Banuelos has 2 pitches and poor command.  Betances looked very good in 2010 in a small sample against A ballers, but was very hittable against age-appropriate competition in 2011.  Brackman was DFA'd after being destroyed at AAA.  The 2 other yankees (other than Montero) in the top BA 100 last year were Austin Romine (anybody want to trade Lavarnway straight-up?) and Gary Sanchez, who dropped 51 spots and had discipline issues.   We keep hearing how great the Yankee farm system is, but it continues to prove to be a lot of hype.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I like you better; she's my Plan B.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : When in any of this have you deducted that I am a huge fan of GWB?  He made mistakes although cutting taxes wasn't one of them, this government spends too much money and he approved a lot of it, so I am not a huge fan of his.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you won't be happy no matter who's in office. Shall Romney do?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : http://www.scoutingbook.com/players/p2607

I followed this link, and it's a scouting report that says Banuelos has 2 pitches, and a chart showing he walks nearly 5 per nine innings over the past two years.  How does that refute my statement?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : He will be an improvement over what we have now.

Agreed...that's all we can hope for, at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I followed this link, and it's a scouting report that says Banuelos has 2 pitches, and a chart showing he walks nearly 5 per nine innings over the past two years.  How does that refute my statement?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Hey not every team can produce insane young talent like Lavarnway, LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Agreed...that's all we can hope for, at this point.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

J I've noticed we agree on many things other than baseball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : sin - how many do you think will actually read the link?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Jessey, let's say there are 30 posters in this discussion. Based on that, I would guesstimate 2 will actually read the link.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : J I've noticed we agree on many things other than baseball.

you can always cross over to the right side of street the mikeyWink

Wish I  shared your confidence about Romneys chances tho. He'll get the nomination, no doubt about it, but when you can't put Gingrich and Santorum away, there's a problem. He'll limp in but not sure he'll ever have the momentum he needs to get on a roll. I like that Mitts a moderate republican, but thats what may do him in. I think that's what we need after so much partisanship. It's the best way to get things done

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I agree the job market isn't better...I think the unemployment numbers are better because the people who were collecting unemployment ran out of benefits, not that they've found work. The gas prices will continue to be an issue, up again today. The GOP needs to wrap up a nominee sooner than later;stop battling themselves and start campaigning against Obama. He can just sit back and do nothing until they do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I followed this link, and it's a scouting report that says Banuelos has 2 pitches, and a chart showing he walks nearly 5 per nine innings over the past two years.  How does that refute my statement?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Because all the professional scouting surveys have him highly ranked; compare that to Doubront, who is at #334. And, FWIW, assuming you're not a professional scout, I'll take their word over a (not completely) homer fan like yourself, unless you have a link/reference to show me otherwise

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]I agree the job market isn't better...I think the unemployment numbers are better because the people who were collecting unemployment ran out of benefits, not that they've found work. The gas prices will continue to be an issue, up again today. The GOP needs to wrap up a nominee sooner than later;stop battling themselves and start campaigning against Obama. He can just sit back and do nothing until they do.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    It won't go on until the convention, the nominlating process can go on until June and we will be just fine J.  I'd like to see it end earlier but June will do, the base and its financial backers have had enough of this Presidency and will turn out to vote in November and the money for Romney's campaign will be there.  A year from now we will be at the start of a new Presidency and we can put these past 4 years behind us.  Obama did something historic but he is a poor President and manager, its time to turn the page and we will.

I would rather have the Sox win the World Series this year and knock the Yanks out of the ALCS than endure 4 more years of this Presidency.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

When Romney wins the nomination, some self-serving, anti-science nimrod like Sarah Palin is going to run as a third party and you are going to be dumbstruck by the idea that she is not doing as she as told for the good of the party that created her.  Obama will win easily, but the Republicans will take the Senate and maintain the house.  We will have four more years of nothing getting done, but at least we won't be subject to the epic catastrophe's that were commonplace the last time Republicans held both Executive and Legislative branches of government.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]When Romney wins the nomination, some self-serving, anti-science nimrod like Sarah Palin is going to run as a third party and you are going to be dumbstruck by the idea that she is not doing as she as told for the good of the party that created her.  Obama will win easily, but the Republicans will take the Senate and maintain the house.  We will have four more years of nothing getting done, but at least we won't be subject to the epic catastrophe's that were commonplace the last time Republicans held both Executive and Legislative branches of government.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Not a chance.

A Red Sox fan will be in the Oval Office next year and I couldn't be happier about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It won't go on until the convention, the nominlating process can go on until June and we will be just fine J.  I'd like to see it end earlier but June will do, the base and its financial backers have had enough of this Presidency and will turn out to vote in November and the money for Romney's campaign will be there.  A year from now we will be at the start of a new Presidency and we can put these past 4 years behind us.  Obama did something historic but he is a poor President and manager, its time to turn the page and we will. I would rather have the Sox win the World Series this year and knock the Yanks out of the ALCS than endure 4 more years of this Presidency.

Of course, you could say: A year from now I hope we will be at the start of a new Presidency.

Otherwise could you help me with Stock Picks & the Kentucky Derby?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It won't go on until the convention, the nominlating process can go on until June and we will be just fine J.  I'd like to see it end earlier but June will do, the base and its financial backers have had enough of this Presidency and will turn out to vote in November and the money for Romney's campaign will be there.  A year from now we will be at the start of a new Presidency and we can put these past 4 years behind us.  Obama did something historic but he is a poor President and manager, its time to turn the page and we will. I would rather have the Sox win the World Series this year and knock the Yanks out of the ALCS than endure 4 more years of this Presidency.

I hope you're right but  the longer it drags on, the better for Obama, who is a better public speaker, therefore campaigner, than Romney, but his record will speak for itself. Romneys stiff, he'll need a strong running mate. Smarter minds than mine will decide, but Condoleezza Rice would be my pick, covers all the bases.. I agree and think now what I did then, not good Presidential material.

I'll take you up on the Sox winning the World Series thoughTongue out 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Because all the professional scouting surveys have him highly ranked; compare that to Doubront, who is at #334. And, FWIW, assuming you're not a professional scout, I'll take their word over a (not completely) homer fan like yourself, unless you have a link/reference to show me otherwise

I'm with you on Doubrount - I think he's a fifth starter at best, and not a good fit for the Sox.  But so far, he's had better results than Betances, who is only 5 months younger, and is making his third appearance on the BA top 100 list.  We hear the scouting report argument over and over - aren't you at least a little disappointed with the results of a much hyped farm system thus far?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I hope you're right but  the longer it drags on, the better for Obama, who is a better public speaker, therefore campaigner, than Romney, but his record will speak for itself. Romneys stiff, he'll need a strong running mate. Smarter minds than mine will decide, but Condoleezza Rice would be mine. I agree and think now what I did then, not good Presidential material. I'll take you up on the Sox winning the World Series.  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Marco Rubio will be his running mate, in a pathetic attempt to court Hispanic voters, swing Florida and appease the Tea Party.