Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I hope you're right but  the longer it drags on, the better for Obama, who is a better public speaker, therefore campaigner, than Romney, but his record will speak for itself. Romneys stiff, he'll need a strong running mate. Smarter minds than mine will decide, but Condoleezza Rice would be mine. I agree and think now what I did then, not good Presidential material. I'll take you up on the Sox winning the World Series.  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

You are right about speaking but soaring rhetoric will not win this election, he has a poor record to defend.  Trust me J, we got this!  Hey if God comes down and gives me the choice of having the Sox win the World series and Obama losing or the Yanks winning the World Series and Obama winning re-election.....I'm saying GO SOX!!!!! I LOVE THAT DIRTY WATER!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Not a chance. A Red Sox fan will be in the Oval Office next year and I couldn't be happier about it.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

He's not as exuberant a baseball fan as many of us, but he is friends with many team owners.  Mitt Romney - champion of the middle class!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : He's not as exuberant a baseball fan as many of us, but he is friends with many team owners.  Mitt Romney - champion of the middle class!
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't think he was a big Sox fan but he's been asked whether he liked the Tigers or Sox and has said he's a Sox fan......though I don't think he's a diehard fan......I haven't seen him on this forum yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I'm with you on Doubrount - I think he's a fifth starter at best, and not a good fit for the Sox.  But so far, he's had better results than Betances, who is only 5 months younger, and is making his third appearance on the BA top 100 list.  We hear the scouting report argument over and over - aren't you at least a little disappointed with the results of a much hyped farm system thus far?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Not really, but if I think about it some more, I could change my mind. I'm more disappointed that Wang seemed to ruin his career via tearing his lisfranc tendon because a little leaguer can run the bases better than him. Remember that 1 hitter at Fenway? The only hit was a Drew HR because Abreu is afraid of OF walls. The foot injury led to the J. Santana-like shoulder injury. Now, after 3 injured years, he's a shell of himself, if he's lucky

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : You are right about speaking but soaring rhetoric will not win this election, he has a poor record to defend.  Trust me J, we got this!  Hey if God comes down and gives me the choice of having the Sox win the World series and Obama losing or the Yanks winning the World Series and Obama winning re-election.....I'm saying GO SOX!!!!! I LOVE THAT DIRTY WATER!!!!!!!

You sound like Patriot fans before the 2012 SB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : You sound like Patriot fans before the 2012 SB.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Actually us Giant fans were saying the same thing and it worked out well, I think Eli is gonna be Romney's running mate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Actually us Giant fans were saying the same thing and it worked out well, I think Eli is gonna be Romney's running mate.

Tim Tebow would be betterWink 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Tim Tebow would be better
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He may need a new job if Peyton goes to Denver...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : He may need a new job if Peyton goes to Denver...

Think its down to 2 teams, titans or broncos. TT may end up back in Florida; he's from jacksonville.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Tim Tebow would be better  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

You're right, Tebow would be better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Think its down to 2 teams, titans or broncos. TT may end up back in Florida; he's from jacksonville.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think the Titans may have a good shot, he played in Tenn in college and his wife is from Tenn.  Though I've always liked the Broncos I'd kind of like to see him go there and maybe get another ring with them, it'll be interesting wherever he ends up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I think the Titans may have a good shot, he played in Tenn in college and his wife is from Tenn.  Though I've always liked the Broncos I'd kind of like to see him go there and maybe get another ring with them, it'll be interesting wherever he ends up.

Honestly, I had my doubts he was going to play again...3 neck surgeries in 18 months...one good shot it could be all over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Honestly, I had my doubts he was going to play again...3 neck surgeries in 18 months...one good shot it could be all over.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah its true its kind of the unknown with him, some team may pay him a bunch of money and he could be done.  I hope not though I've always been a fan of Peyton and I'd like to see him do well although if Eli ends up with 3 or 4 rings and Peyton only 1, I'll be just fine!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Yeah its true its kind of the unknown with him, some team may pay him a bunch of money and he could be done.  I hope not though I've always been a fan of Peyton and I'd like to see him do well although if Eli ends up with 3 or 4 rings and Peyton only 1, I'll be just fine!

I wish him well where ever he lands, but Eli's finally out of his brothers shadow. I wondered if he played so well last season because the pressure was off and wasn't constantly being compared to Peyton all year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Jessey, let's say there are 30 posters in this discussion. Based on that, I would guesstimate 2 will actually read the link.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

That would be besides you and I?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Banuelos has 2 pitches and poor command.  Betances looked very good in 2010 in a small sample against A ballers, but was very hittable against age-appropriate competition in 2011.  Brackman was DFA'd after being destroyed at AAA.  The 2 other yankees (other than Montero) in the top BA 100 last year were Austin Romine (anybody want to trade Lavarnway straight-up?) and Gary Sanchez, who dropped 51 spots and had discipline issues.   We keep hearing how great the Yankee farm system is, but it continues to prove to be a lot of hype.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Yeah Montero for Pineda was hype.

Kennedy for Granderson more hype.

Robertson hype. Nova hype.

We'll see how weak their farm system is if there are pitching injuries.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Your grasping (if it's even true); want to compare that to Valerie Plame, which in Europe is known as a muilti-trillion dollar nuclear security breach (and was censored here); and was outed because of the unmasking of the fake story about uranium cake in Nigeria which was the excuse for Halliburton's war profiteering machine? Or the tax breaks for the super wealthy? Or the justice dep't mess? You're doing a helluva job Brownie.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Valerie Plame was inadvertently outed by Richard Armitage, an assistant to Colin Powell.

British intelligence to this day maintains Iraq was trying to buy yellowcake uranium from Niger not Nigeria.

You guys are a riot you can't even get your facts right. You forgot what you heard on "HardBall".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_uranium_forgeries

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Yeah its true its kind of the unknown with him, some team may pay him a bunch of money and he could be done.  I hope not though I've always been a fan of Peyton and I'd like to see him do well although if Eli ends up with 3 or 4 rings and Peyton only 1, I'll be just fine!

It would be one thing if Peyton manning was a mobile q-back but he isn't.

He is asking for trouble returning to the game.

Especially with a team that can't give him great protection.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry everybody - I wouldn't normally participate in a thread hijacking, but you come back to a thread you were interested in, and find a couple of morons congratulating each other on the failure of a US energy investment, and it's hard to keep quiet.  I can buy the argument that oil investment is a temporary necessity, but if you're shouting 'drill baby drill' and thanking God for big oil, you've probably never had an original thought in your life. In closing, if the views of ThatWasMe and CamelWalk were any weaker and further to the right, Derek Jeter would have trouble making a play on them.  There - we're back to baseball.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised by the Democrat partisan rhetoric from you or anyone else here after all you sent a drunken murderer to the Senate for 47 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I'm not surprised by the Democrat partisan rhetoric from you or anyone else here after all you sent a drunken murderer to the Senate for 47 years.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

True statement and the same North Korean like media that showers the President with great praise every day as if he is the messiah, fell over themselves when that drunken murderer of a Senator passed away......."The Lion of The Senate" and blah blah blah......could you imagine if it were a GOP Senator that had killed Mary Jo Kopechne?  The state run media never would have showered that Senator with praise but called him a murderer any and every chance they got but if you kill someone and you're a Democrat, a Kennedy and endorse Barack Obama.......it's all good with the media!  The Lion of The Senate......give me a break.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : True statement and the same North Korean like media that showers the President with great praise every day as if he is the messiah, fell over themselves when that drunk murderer of a Senator passed away......."The Lion of The Senate" and blah blah blah......could you imagine if it were a GOP Senator that had killed Mary Jo Kopechne?  The state run media never would have showered that Senator with praise but called him a murderer any and every chance they got but if you kill someone and you're a Democrat, a Kennedy and endorse Barack Obama.......it's all good with the media!  The Lion of The Senate......give me a break.

Teddy names his dog Splash, you couldn't make it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : True statement and the same North Korean like media that showers the President with great praise every day as if he is the messiah, fell over themselves when that drunken murderer of a Senator passed away......."The Lion of The Senate" and blah blah blah......could you imagine if it were a GOP Senator that had killed Mary Jo Kopechne?  The state run media never would have showered that Senator with praise but called him a murderer any and every chance they got but if you kill someone and you're a Democrat, a Kennedy and endorse Barack Obama.......it's all good with the media!  The Lion of The Senate......give me a break.

We better knock it off all the reds are getting angry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Teddy names his dog Splash, you couldn't make it up.

I love how some try to ignore the fact that there is a HUGE double standard.  If the state run media was objective Romney would win this thing in a landslide.  Due to their Obama pom-poms and propoganda it will be close but Romney will still win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Yeah Montero for Pineda was hype. Kennedy for Granderson more hype. Robertson hype. Nova hype. We'll see how weak their farm system is if there are pitching injuries.

Montero hasn't done anything yet - just because the Mariners believed the hype, doesn't make it true.

The Yankees gave up Kennedy, Coke & Jackson to get Granderson, and Jackson was the most highly-regarded of the three.  Kennedy has lived up to his potential one year in the NL West - let's see if that continues.  Jackson has yet to justify his top 50 prospect status.

Robertson makes my point - why was there no hype surrounding this guy?  He had terrific minor-league stats.  He's the guy you should have been excited about when you were drooling over Phil Hughes and Humberto Sanchez.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Montero hasn't done anything yet - just because the Mariners believed the hype, doesn't make it true. The Yankees gave up Kennedy, Coke & Jackson to get Granderson, and Jackson was the most highly-regarded of the three.  Kennedy has lived up to his potential one year in the NL West - let's see if that continues.  Jackson has yet to justify his top 50 prospect status. Robertson makes my point - why was there no hype surrounding this guy?  He had terrific minor-league stats.  He's the guy you should have been excited about when you were drooling over Phil Hughes and Humberto Sanchez.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Hey not every team can produce such great stars as Lavarnway and Lars Anderson.

Sections
Shortcuts