Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Smiley finds great pleasure in Yankee failure or even a stumble. He finds cause for concern if a Yankee pitcher trips over the dugout steps. If he saw a bandaid on A-Rod's finger he might speculate that arm surgery is imminent.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

And why not? It's funny, and this is a Sox board. If ARod needs surgery he should get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Guess who just got back today? That shirtless boy that had been away Haven't changed, haven't much to say But man, I still think that cat is crazy The forum's was askin' if you were around How you was, where you could be found Told them you were living downtown Driving all the old Yankee fans crazy The boy is back in town The boy is back in town  You know, that dude that used to post a lot Every night he'd be on the board posting what he thought Man when I tell you he was cool, he was red hot I mean he was streaming And that time over at Jessey's place Well this dude got up and he slapped Jesse's face Man we just fell about the place If that dude don't want to know, forget him Spread the word around Guess who's back in town? You spread the word around Friday night they'll be dressed to kill Down at Cask'n Flagon bar and grill The drink will flow and blood will spill And if the Smiley's want to fight, you'd better let him That jukebox in the corner blasting out Sweet Caroline The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long Won't be long till summer comes Now that the boy ishere again The boy is back in town The boy is back in town http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

I love this song, and everything about Beni being back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Welcome back, Smiley,

and I hope you are right

It would be a double pain, because they gave up Jesus, too.
      Montero that is  (2 r's?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Spends another year in AAA? You are kidding right? Montero will bat 3rd in the Seattle lineup in 2012

I agree

Maybe you just look at and compare box scores but actually have never seen Montero's at bats against MLB pitching after he was brought up.

Sample size alert!!
    Shane Spencer 1998 1.321 OPS
    I like the trade from a Seattle perspective b/c hitters are less likely to flop.  But can he be a "generational" prospect if he doesn't catch?

Yankees fans did and is the primary reason why there so much angst after this trade. As a Yankee fan imo if Pineda gets off to slow start, struggles I think Cashman is done.

That would be beyond dumb.  Cashman has pulled great move after great move of late and he has catching depth.  (Except Burnett)

Passed on Crawford/Werth/Dunn
    Get the right stud in Sabathia
    Great trades: Granderson and Swisher
    Faith in Gardner, Robertson, Nova
    Low cost pick ups: Colon, Garcia, AJones, Martin, Ayala
    Draft or IFA: Montero, Romine, B & B, ......

Going back a bit: IFA Cano

Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Spends another year in AAA? You are kidding right? Montero will bat 3rd in the Seattle lineup in 2012   I agree Maybe you just look at and compare box scores but actually have never seen Montero's at bats against MLB pitching after he was brought up.   Sample size alert!! Shane Spencer 1998 1.321 OPS I like the trade from a Seattle perspective b/c hitters are less likely to flop.  But can he be a "generational" prospect if he doesn't catch? Yankees fans did and is the primary reason why there so much angst after this trade. As a Yankee fan imo if Pineda gets off to slow start, struggles  I think Cashman is done. That would be beyond dumb.  Cashman has pulled great move after great move of late and he has catching depth.  (Except Burnett) Passed on Crawford/Werth/Dunn Get the right stud in Sabathia Great trades: Granderson and Swisher Faith in Gardner, Robertson, Nova Low cost pick ups: Colon, Garcia, AJones, Martin, Ayala Draft or IFA: Montero, Romine, B & B, ...... Going back a bit: IFA Cano Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Tom

I give Cashman credit for rebuilding the farm system, and of course for a few of the points you make.

Like Sox fans and the Boston media follow their prospects come up through the farm system Yankee fans do much the same.

Like a lot of Yankee fans I have been watching Montero grow in the farm system since he signed at age 16.

The Yankees lost to detroit in ALDS last season because of the inability to hit with men on base against good pitching not because of their own pitching. The Yankees had the lowest post season ERA of any teams in the 2011 post season.

Girardi let Montero bat only twice his BA was 1.000 with 1 RBI.

I believe Tex, Swisher and A-Rod all hit .200 or lower in that series.

If the Yankee lineup flounders this season as they did in the 2011 post season against good pitching, if Montero hits the way he is expected to, if Pineda pans to less than what is expected don't expect the media and the fans to overlook what might have been.

Myself I believe that there is more of a chance for success in MLB for Montero than Pineda. I hope that I am wrong and that the trade has mutual benefits

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE] Tom I give Cashman credit for rebuilding the farm system, and of course for a few of the points you make. Like Sox fans and the Boston media follow their prospects come up through the farm system Yankee fans do much the same. Like a lot of Yankee fans I have been watching Montero grow in the farm system since he signed at age 16. The Yankees lost to detroit in ALDS last season because of the inability to hit with men on base against good pitching not because of their own pitching. The Yankees had the lowest post season ERA of any teams in the 2011 post season. Girardi let Montero bat only twice his BA was 1.000 with 1 RBI. I believe Tex, Swisher and A-Rod all hit .200 or lower in that series. If the Yankee lineup flounders this season as they did in the 2011 post season against good pitching, if Montero hits the way he is expected to, if Pineda pans to less than what is expected don't expect the media and the fans to overlook what might have been.

And exactly what position would you have montero playing for the Yanks?

Yup, you ain't Babe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Tom I give Cashman credit for rebuilding the farm system, and of course for a few of the points you make. Like Sox fans and the Boston media follow their prospects come up through the farm system Yankee fans do much the same. Like a lot of Yankee fans I have been watching Montero grow in the farm system since he signed at age 16. The Yankees lost to detroit in ALDS last season because of the inability to hit with men on base against good pitching not because of their own pitching. The Yankees had the lowest post season ERA of any teams in the 2011 post season. Girardi let Montero bat only twice his BA was 1.000 with 1 RBI. I believe Tex, Swisher and A-Rod all hit .200 or lower in that series. If the Yankee lineup flounders this season as they did in the 2011 post season against good pitching, if Montero hits the way he is expected to, if Pineda pans to less than what is expected don't expect the media and the fans to overlook what might have been. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] And exactly what position would you have montero playing for the Yanks? Yup, you ain't Babe.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

The same on Posada did. Yup I ain't you, nice to meet you though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

get a room losers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]get a room losers
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Keep your negative comments to yourself and read the posts with an open mind, maybe you'll learn something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The two of you can take your Yankee act and get bent... nothing but trouble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Tom I give Cashman credit for rebuilding the farm system, and of course for a few of the points you make. Like Sox fans and the Boston media follow their prospects come up through the farm system Yankee fans do much the same. Like a lot of Yankee fans I have been watching Montero grow in the farm system since he signed at age 16. The Yankees lost to detroit in ALDS last season because of the inability to hit with men on base against good pitching not because of their own pitching. The Yankees had the lowest post season ERA of any teams in the 2011 post season. Girardi let Montero bat only twice his BA was 1.000 with 1 RBI. I believe Tex, Swisher and A-Rod all hit .200 or lower in that series. If the Yankee lineup flounders this season as they did in the 2011 post season against good pitching, if Montero hits the way he is expected to, if Pineda pans to less than what is expected don't expect the media and the fans to overlook what might have been. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] And exactly what position would you have montero playing for the Yanks? Yup, you ain't Babe.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Posada as you know came up as a 2nd baseman and developed his game behind the plate in the yankee farm system.

I expected Montero to do much the same under the tutelege of Pena and Girardi but not to be.

But all is in the rear view now all we can do is sit back and watch to see how this trade works out and to who's advantage.

Time will tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]The two of you can take your Yankee act and get bent... nothing but trouble.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Excuse me wasn't this thread started by A Red Sox fan about another Yankee bust?

Isn't this current discussion within the context of that trade?

I fail to see any disrespectful posts here other than yours.

Besides Tom of UK asked a few questions prompting this group of posts.
    Take a chill pill and calm down, or just go to another thread if you don't like this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : And exactly what position would you have montero playing for the Yanks? Yup, you ain't Babe. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] Posada as you know came up as a 2nd baseman and developed his game behind the plate in the yankee farm system. I expected Montero to do much the same under the tutelege of Pena and Girardi but not to be. But all is in the rear view now all we can do is sit back and watch to see how this trade works out and to who's advantage. Time will tell.

I understand, but he wasn't going to be in the FARM system any longer and he wasn't going to get "on the job training" with the big club. So, basically, there was no position for him, pretty simple.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Posada as you know came up as a 2nd baseman and developed his game behind the plate in the yankee farm system. I expected Montero to do much the same under the tutelege of Pena and Girardi but not to be. But all is in the rear view now all we can do is sit back and watch to see how this trade works out and to who's advantage. Time will tell. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] I understand, but he wasn't going to be in the FARM system any longer and he wasn't going to get "on the job training" with the big club. So, basically, there was no position for him, pretty simple.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Maybe another season of Cervelli will change your opinion on that one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I understand, but he wasn't going to be in the FARM system any longer and he wasn't going to get "on the job training" with the big club. So, basically, there was no position for him, pretty simple. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] I disagree. Maybe another season of Cervelli will change your opinion on that one.

So you think he would have gotten on the job training with the big club?

You think he ould have been better served being the back up catcher and getting in maybe one game a week?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I thought for sure this past off-season that cervelli would be moved to make room for either Montero or Romine.

But I was wrong. Now Romine experiencing back problems that can't be good.
    Possibly not just temporary.

Sanchez is too far away from the Bronx possibly not until 2014.

Cervelli to me is a liability behind the plate although he does seem to have a proclivity to come up with some big hits and i really like his passion other than that this line-up needs another good young bat w/Cano imo Montero fit the bill.

Jmo. But anyway I have to leave for now. Take care.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I disagree. Maybe another season of Cervelli will change your opinion on that one. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] So you think he would have gotten on the job training with the big club? You think he ould have been better served being the back up catcher and getting in maybe one game a week?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Prior to the signing of Andruw and Ibanez and of course before the trade I thought that Montero would catch twice a week kind of like the way Posada was brought up and than DH sharing the duties with ARod and whatever regulars needed a rest.

But actually you know you could be 100% right on this one like I said before time will tell. We can only speculate at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]I thought for sure this past off-season that cervelli would be moved to make room for either Montero or Romine. But I was wrong. Now Romine experiencing back problems that can't be good. Possibly not just temporary. Sanchez is too far away from the Bronx possibly not until 2014. Cervelli to me is a liability behind the plate although he does seem to have a proclivity to come up with some big hits and i really like his passion other than that this line-up needs another good young bat w/Cano imo Montero fit the bill. Jmo. But anyway I have to leave for now. Take care.

I agree that the lineup could use another young bat. But I don't think that montero being the back up catcher and getting in maybe one game a week would have been the answer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Guess who just got back today? That shirtless boy that had been away Haven't changed, haven't much to say But man, I still think that cat is crazy The forum's was askin' if you were around How you was, where you could be found Told them you were living downtown Driving all the old Yankee fans crazy The boy is back in town The boy is back in town  You know, that dude that used to post a lot Every night he'd be on the board posting what he thought Man when I tell you he was cool, he was red hot I mean he was streaming And that time over at Jessey's place Well this dude got up and he slapped Jesse's face Man we just fell about the place If that dude don't want to know, forget him Spread the word around Guess who's back in town? You spread the word around Friday night they'll be dressed to kill Down at Cask'n Flagon bar and grill The drink will flow and blood will spill And if the Smiley's want to fight, you'd better let him That jukebox in the corner blasting out Sweet Caroline The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long Won't be long till summer comes Now that the boy ishere again The boy is back in town The boy is back in town http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Youk - I was thining about the new lyrics - you should consider this new edit:

And that time over at Jessey's place
    Well this chick got up and she slapped Jessey's face
    Man we just fell about the place
    If Kim don't want to know, forget her

I think this sticks closer to the song and actually story. Plus I think Kim would love the chance to slap me once or twice. Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I love this song, and everything about Beni being back.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Bet you liked it even better since I am the main antagonist. I told Youk he should change a couple of lines. Tongue out

Tell me what you think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Youk - I was thining about the new lyrics - you should consider this new edit: And that time over at Jessey's place Well this chick got up and she slapped Jessey's face Man we just fell about the place If Kim don't want to know, forget her I think this sticks closer to the song and actually story. Plus I think Kim would love the chance to slap me once or twice.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

But sadly kim is not a chick, he's pike.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Recently Kim is posting from 10 am EST to 4 pm. For months she used to post only from midnight to 8 am EST. Did she move from Oregon to Massachusetts? Might be on vacation in Florida for Spring training. I used to enjoy reading her posts while I was having breakfast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I disagree. Maybe another season of Cervelli will change your opinion on that one. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] So you think he would have gotten on the job training with the big club? You think he ould have been better served being the back up catcher and getting in maybe one game a week?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

No, he was projected to be the primary DH; instead we have Raul
     ".289-OBP" Ibanez. I'm also looking forward to his range in cavernous YS LF, whenever Gardner's not there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Recently Kim is posting from 10 am EST to 4 pm. For months she used to post only from midnight to 8 am EST. Did she move from Oregon to Massachusetts? Might be on vacation in Florida for Spring training. I used to enjoy reading her posts while I was having breakfast.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

An unmistakeable pike-style post