Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

The best feature of this site imo is the collection of diverse opinions which you will not find anywhere else. Not on any of the Yankee sites that I've been to.

You can be sure if your post is even remotely about the greatest rivalry in all of sports it will be challenged by some very knowledgeable thoughtful posters.

That's why I'm here. I can't understand why any poster would object to the broad  diverse group of fans who gather here, it is not what is wrong with this site but quite the contrary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]The best feature of this site imo is the collection of diverse opinions which you will not find anywhere else. Not on any of the Yankee sites that I've been to. You can be sure if your post is even remotely about the greatest rivalry in all of sports it will challenged by some very knowledgeable thoughtful posters. That's why I'm here. I can't understand why any poster would object to the broad  diverse group of fans who gather here, it is not what is wrong with this site but quite the contrary.   
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

+1! Nice post :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Unless he's lost during the spring, Montero is not going to be at AAA this yr; and may I remind you of the large comparative #s between these 2 during their respective cups of coffee at the bigs last yr, in addition to the age difference. Also it is commonplace for scouts to disagree on prospects, even in the cases of Moore, Darvish, Strasburg, & Harper. Based on what occurred last Aug-Sep, your should give your prediction/projection prowess a rest. Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] I wasn't making a prediction - just saying that youth is attractive in prospects because it represents potential, but the numbers have the final say.  If you have a 24-year-old who has improved with every year, at every level - that's more valuable than a 21-year-old with a great swing whose numbers are regressing.  Montero looked great in his callup, but he had been heating up at the end of the season at AAA.  Is he a streaky hitter, or was playing hurt for a lot of the year?  Lavarnway had a ridiculous hot streak in July & August last year - I'm sure if his call up co-incided with this streak, his numbers would have been comparable. BTW, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that my prediction was that the Yankees would play .500 ball the last two months, and that Garcia and Colon could not stay healthy and effective.  They actually played .550 ball, and Garcia missed 2 weeks in August and had a 5.22 ERA over the last two months. Colon's ERA was 5.37 in that time.  Sure, I missed a total collapse by the Sox, but add the Agon and Lavarnway predictions (my first post was 2 years ago on this kid), and I'd say I'm looking like the BDC Nostradamus right now . Posted by slomag [/QUOTE] I think SPC might have something to say about that . if you think you have any locks during the season, make sure you let me know.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you the Sox go undefeated until at least April.  Oh, and the Yanks winless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The saving grace of this site are the following people but most of their threads and posts are not responded to hardly at all. When they start threads, their threads go to page #2 in one hour. When the respond, very few respond to them. I wish that the "wonderful diversity" that TWM just alluded to gave some recognition to the following wonderful posters:

Moonslav
    Boomerang
    RKap
    Breidy
    Notin
    Roy
    Tom-UK
    Pesky-Pole
    SinceYaz
    Jasko
    Beantowne
    Drewski
    HutchinsPete
    DGalehouse
    Slomag
    JimDavis
    Hill5

Departed:

Losmediasrojas

I can't recall TWM and his gang responding to the above posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Wow, pike is one sad individual...... just sayin'......................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]The saving grace of this site are the following people but most of their threads and posts are not responded to hardly at all. When they start threads, their threads go to page #2 in one hour. When the respond, very few respond to them. I wish that the "wonderful diversity" that TWM just alluded to gave some recognition to the following wonderful posters: Moonslav Boomerang RKap Breidy Notin Roy Tom-UK Pesky-Pole SinceYaz Jasko Beantowne Drewski HutchinsPete DGalehouse Slomag JimDavis Hill5 Departed: Losmediasrojas 791 I can't recall TWM and his gang responding to the above posters.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Nice try.

If you read the thread and recent posts instead bloviating you will see that Tom UK and I have exchanged a few posts in the past few days.

Of course he is busy focused on the upcoming 2012 and a serious poster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

"Bloviating" ?? Now where have I heard that word before? I am sure the the forum regulars are well aware of who loved to use it very often.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]"Bloviating" ?? Now where have I heard that word before? I am sure the the forum regulars are well aware of who loved to use it very often.

Such a Dick Tracy. I used the same word that someone else has.

You're too much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

lowell I'm putting you on ignore you are dangerous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Come on, I only gave it a 90 percent chance that you are Softlaw. Stay cool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hey Smiley, welcome back.  Only a Patriot game thread could draw more post then one of yours threads...lol. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Smiley, welcome back.  Only a Patriot game thread could draw more post then one of yours threads...lol. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LOL, the "diversity" of the forum draws huge traffic to Smiley and none to Notin. Go figure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I wasn't making a prediction - just saying that youth is attractive in prospects because it represents potential, but the numbers have the final say.  If you have a 24-year-old who has improved with every year, at every level - that's more valuable than a 21-year-old with a great swing whose numbers are regressing.  Montero looked great in his callup, but he had been heating up at the end of the season at AAA.  Is he a streaky hitter, or was playing hurt for a lot of the year?  Lavarnway had a ridiculous hot streak in July & August last year - I'm sure if his call up co-incided with this streak, his numbers would have been comparable. BTW, since you brought it up, I'd like to point out that my prediction was that the Yankees would play .500 ball the last two months, and that Garcia and Colon could not stay healthy and effective.  They actually played .550 ball, and Garcia missed 2 weeks in August and had a 5.22 ERA over the last two months. Colon's ERA was 5.37 in that time.  Sure, I missed a total collapse by the Sox, but add the Agon and Lavarnway predictions (my first post was 2 years ago on this kid), and I'd say I'm looking like the BDC Nostradamus right now . Posted by slomag [/QUOTE] I think SPC might have something to say about that . if you think you have any locks during the season, make sure you let me know. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] I'll bet you the Sox go undefeated until at least April.  Oh, and the Yanks winless.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

If I can only get one of the local books to take these bets, I would split it 50/50 with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Hey Jessey, read the religion thread. It appears that Chilliwings was just putting everyone on. He actually agrees with SinceYaz. ChilliWings must enjoy being something that he really isn't. How insincere and dishonest. Who is a forum poster to believe?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Not good news on David Robertson, MRI showed "cause for concern." Going in for more tests. Wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a Wang-like Lisfranc dislocation. Maybe the weight-bearing x-ray comes out clean but if they are going to give him a CT scan on the foot that itself is a reason for yanks worry about something being wrong. Lisfranc dislocations are hard to see on regular x-rays so this MRI must have revealed some separation. Could be bad news for yanks this year.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Dr. Kojac

“This is as good as it gets for us.”

That’s how Joe Girardi put it. Test results on Dave Roberton’s right foot revealed a bone bruise, which is pretty much the best-case scenario. He’ll stay in a walking boot through Sunday, and probably do some throwing from a chair to keep his arm strong. Girardi believe he’ll have his setup man on Opening Day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to "Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Dr. Kojac “This is as good as it gets for us.” That’s how Joe Girardi put it. Test results on Dave Roberton’s right foot revealed a bone bruise, which is pretty much the best-case scenario. He’ll stay in a walking boot through Sunday, and probably do some throwing from a chair to keep his arm strong. Girardi believe he’ll have his setup man on Opening Day. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] Good for him. I've heard that he is a good person and wasn't wishing him any I'll will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?": Good for him. I've heard that he is a good person and wasn't wishing him any I'll will.

Good post 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?": Good for him. I've heard that he is a good person and wasn't wishing him any I'll will.

A sigh of relief from the Yankee camp.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Yes, smiley...Another Yankee pitching bust...this time of Pineda...to be sculpted and placed in Monument Park in about 13 years...Your soothsayer powers are very impressive...
    And welcome back...I think....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, smiley...Another Yankee pitching bust...this time of Pineda...to be sculpted and placed in Monument Park in about 13 years...Your soothsayer powers are very impressive... And welcome back...I think....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

Surely a man of the cloth with your superior intellect  could not have misread the OP as you apparently have. Smiley never said that Pineda would definitely be a bust. He qualified all of his statements with question marks, maybe's, could be, and perhaps. Reread the OP carefully. This overstatement and exaggeration of what Smiley actually said is what happened last year and the fallout from the misinterpretations prompted J-Bay to make that phone call to the BDC moderator - Dottie that resulted in a dozen Red Sox fans ( including Smiley) to be banned the following day. That was unfair and the forum could have used a man of the cloth to speak out for truth and justice. Needless to say the forum lawyers were useless as they were busy rounding up those on entitlements.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Surely a man of the cloth with your superior intellect  could not have misread the OP as you apparently have. Smiley never said that Pineda would definitely be a bust. He qualified all of his statements with question marks, maybe's, could be, and perhaps. Reread the OP carefully. This overstatement and exaggeration of what Smiley actually said is what happened last year and the fallout from the misinterpretations prompted J-Bay to make that phone call to the BDC moderator - Dottie that resulted in a dozen Red Sox fans ( including Smiley) to be banned the following day. That was unfair and the forum could have used a man of the cloth to speak out for truth and justice. Needless to say the forum lawyers were useless as they were busy rounding up those on entitlements.
    Stop succeeding at being droll, lowell...I might start having hope for you again...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]The best feature of this site imo is the collection of diverse opinions which you will not find anywhere else. Not on any of the Yankee sites that I've been to. You can be sure if your post is even remotely about the greatest rivalry in all of sports it will be challenged by some very knowledgeable thoughtful posters. That's why I'm here. I can't understand why any poster would object to the broad  diverse group of fans who gather here, it is not what is wrong with this site but quite the contrary.   
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Nice post TWM, and I agree.

FTR, IMO, TWM is very knowledgebale when it comes to his Yankees, and he does enjoy a good baseball debate.  A little on the homerish side, which he readily admits, but who isn't when it comes to defending your team? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Nice post TWM, and I agree. FTR, IMO, TWM is very knowledgebale when it comes to his Yankees, and he does enjoy a good baseball debate.  A little on the homerish side, which he readily admits, but who isn't when it comes to defending your team? 
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kimmi can't wait for the first Sox-Yankee series to put us all in the right frame of mind.

And you left out that I ain't Babe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : seriously BurritoT TWM is 100% right 2 guys talkin BB and on the thread topic no less so why the pike act ?
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Let me explain how a forum works. Comments are put up and posters reply to them. Don't like it, you don't have to stay here. Amazing people don't seem to notice how much you police the board because you're always after Sox fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Youk - I was thining about the new lyrics - you should consider this new edit: And that time over at Jessey's place Well this chick got up and she slapped Jessey's face Man we just fell about the place If Kim don't want to know, forget her I think this sticks closer to the song and actually story. Plus I think Kim would love the chance to slap me once or twice.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

LOL. I'm not really a slapper. More a get-up-and-leaver. Although, I'm willing to make an exception in your case. :)