Another Yankee pitching bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?

In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Really? So bard and aceves (neither of whom has had any success as starters) have the edge over two proven veterans? bard will have an innings limit and then you end up with a dicey dice k. Not to mention that it may be hard for aceves to make the innings leap to full time starter. Who comes in for him if he reaches his innings limit? At least with Kuroda and Garcia you know you have two guys that can navigate a full season as a starter in the majors. Neither aceves nor bard can say that at this point regardless of your slanted point of view.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Aceves pitched 84 innings for the regular season in 2009, all of 14 in 2010 because of chronic back problems. Then last season 114, innings.

Ace is a good pitcher but exactly how many innings could you expect him to give in 2012?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Lavarnway is considered just as good of a hitter as montero, so to say you would trade renaudo, iglesias and lavarnway for pineda but not montero makes little sense. reports after the trade was made said the red sox asked about pineda but said no when the mariners asked for ellsbury.
    Posted by pierreisme[/QUOTE]

According to who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : According to who?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I love Lava's upside ...
      but I have to admit, I twitched involuntarily when I read that .....

I had heard a lot of talk about Montero on ESPN ... nary a word about Lava, except one color man last season (Name escapes me now, but retired well-known pitcher....  name's on the tip o' my tongue.  Unfortunately, that's too far from my brain to matter.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Another Yankee pitching bust?": On paper, the 2011 Red Sox had the advantage over the 2011 Yankees by a fair margin.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

That's true, and the Yankees appear to have improved their rotation.  Is that a cautionary tale for you or me?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Really? So bard and aceves (neither of whom has had any success as starters) have the edge over two proven veterans? bard will have an innings limit and then you end up with a dicey dice k. Not to mention that it may be hard for aceves to make the innings leap to full time starter. Who comes in for him if he reaches his innings limit? At least with Kuroda and Garcia you know you have two guys that can navigate a full season as a starter in the majors. Neither aceves nor bard can say that at this point regardless of your slanted point of view.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

That's a lot like my Colon / Garcia argument from last year - you wouldn't have expected two guys who enjoyed one healthy season in the last combined 12 to go the distance, but for the most part they did.  I'm inclined to agree with you about the innings limit, but we'll have to wait and see how things pan out - at least at this point in time, the Sox appear to have a fair advantage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : That's a lot like my Colon / Garcia argument from last year - you wouldn't have expected two guys who enjoyed one healthy season in the last combined 12 to go the distance, but for the most part they did.  I'm inclined to agree with you about the innings limit, but we'll have to wait and see how things pan out - at least at this point in time, the Sox appear to have a fair advantage.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

No, in your mind they seem to have a fair advantage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon Sox fans - do you really want to be able to post things like "Jeter can't carry Aviles's jock" and only see responses like "true dat" and "nice post".  Defending our point of views is the fun part of the forum - without Yankee fans, we'd just be agreeing with one another. Here's one to stir the pot - I stepped through the globe's position by position comparison, and the only clear-cut Yankee wins, IMO were 3B and the bullpen.  There were a lot of close calls, but all in all it seemed like the Sox had a decisively better team.  Am I wrong?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE] Entry # 1 in RedSoxKimmi's journal...Tongue outWink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

How many innings do you guys think the #5 guys will see?  Garcia pitched 146 innings last year - I think Aceves can make a 32 inning jump.

The Bard / Kuroda difference is probably the greatest, but even if your nightmare scenario comes true, we get 130 innings from Bard, followed by a guy who was considered a far superior pitcher to Kuroda when they both played in the same league.  I have a lot of respect for Kuroda for what he did with the Dodgers, but I think he still has some 'proving himself' to do in the AL East.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]How many innings do you guys think the #5 guys will see?  Garcia pitched 146 innings last year - I think Aceves can make a 32 inning jump. The Bard / Kuroda difference is probably the greatest, but even if your nightmare scenario comes true, we get 130 innings from Bard, followed by a guy who was considered a far superior pitcher to Kuroda when they both played in the same league.  I have a lot of respect for Kuroda for what he did with the Dodgers, but I think he still has some 'proving himself' to do in the AL East.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE] agreed, i think it's pretty consensus that the ALE is a different animal...familiarity could help Bard a bit....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Aceves pitched 84 innings for the regular season in 2009, all of 14 in 2010 because of chronic back problems. Then last season 114, innings. Ace is a good pitcher but exactly how many innings could you expect him to give in 2012?
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]When are you going to stop beating that drum?

Admit you were wrong and move on.

Clearly the yankees blew it by not signing Aceves.

Now is that hard to say?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : When are you going to stop beating that drum?                                             Admit you were wrong and move on.                                            Clearly the yankees blew it by not signing Aceves.                                            Now is that hard to say?
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

It was a risk that NY lost; so far - such is the life of baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : It was a risk that NY lost; so far - such is the life of baseball.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The Yanks never doubted aceves' ability, it was the health of his back that had them concerned. So the Yanks made a mistake regarding a player's health. It's not like the sawx have ever misdiagnosed an injury.......Wink

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

man, even to this day that still looks ugly...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : When are you going to stop beating that drum?                                             Admit you were wrong and move on.                                            Clearly the yankees blew it by not signing Aceves.                                            Now is that hard to say?
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE] i think they did also, but it's a bit overstated, it's not like he went to Boston and made them worldbeaters... IMO his 1st year result with them makes this debate a wash going into 2012...i certainly don't/won't begrudge Ace any success, he's good enough to have it...  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan68. Show BostonFan68's posts

Get used to it. I think the Yanks are going to have a lot of trouble on the mound this year with imjuries. Also preidicting A-Rod out 45 games. Let the festivities begin. Welcome back everyone ! GO SOX  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Get used to it. I think the Yanks are going to have a lot of trouble on the mound this year with imjuries. Also preidicting A-Rod out 45 games. Let the festivities begin. Welcome back everyone ! GO SOX  
    Posted by e9bd6381e487484e304c5a41ff4803e9[/QUOTE]

I feel much better having this knowledge at hand.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I feel much better having this knowledge at hand.

Nothing compared to the knowledge you will have when you decipher the riddle within the labrynthian code that is e9bd6381e487484e304c5a41ff4803e9

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Nothing compared to the knowledge you will have when you decipher the riddle within the labrynthian code that is  e9bd6381e487484e304c5a41ff4803e9
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Piece of cake: It means "We'd better enjoy this season, because, thanks to the Mayans, there is no "next year".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

first of all, I'll never consider anyone with only 61 career at bats as a "future hall of famer" but since you brought up the topic I thought the yanks stole Pineda for essentially nothing but a dream. I think the Yanks came out on top in this deal but only time will tell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : Piece of cake: It means "We'd better enjoy this season, because, thanks to the Mayans, there is no "next year".
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what B - I am scared as all heck about this. This past Winter in the North East was downright ridiculous. The N.E. teams didn't even need to go to the Winter facilities for Spring Training. They could easily have held camp in NY, Boston, Batimore, etc. Something is just not right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Get used to it. I think the Yanks are going to have a lot of trouble on the mound this year with imjuries. Also preidicting A-Rod out 45 games. Let the festivities begin. Welcome back everyone ! GO SOX  
    Posted by e9bd6381e487484e304c5a41ff4803e9[/QUOTE]

At best, this is a mediocre rah-rah statement. Otherwise, it's simply moronic, especially considering your own staff and position players.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : I'll tell you what B - I am scared as all heck about this. This past Winter in the North East was downright ridiculous. The N.E. teams didn't even need to go to the Winter facilities for Spring Training. They could easily have held camp in NY, Boston, Batimore, etc. Something is just not right.

Tell me about it! The bike is coming out this weekend. First time in March in years.

I'd have been on it already, if my road hadn't been a swamp for the past couple of weeks.

Very weird...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : At best, this is a mediocre rah-rah statement. Otherwise, it's simply moronic, especially considering your own staff and position players.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Was the "moronic" part really necessary?

I know it's the Mighty Yankees and all, but some people take this stuff waaay too seriously.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Yankee pitching bust? : My previos screen name get banned and then I figure i just take it easy in the off season and gear up for baseball season.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely!