Anthony Ranaudo Tonight - Unreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Anthony Ranaudo Tonight - Unreal

He could be in line for a promotion either to AAA or possibly as a spot starter in Boston soon.

6 IP, 1 H , 1 BB , 11 K - 70 pitches, 55 strikes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Anthony Ranaudo Tonight - Unreal

I wonder if Boston ends up using him in the pen at the end of the season. 

Hes putting up a very impressive line tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'd say he would have shot at the rotation but he has to be on an innings limit this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

He ended with 13 punchouts out of 104 pitches. Pretty darn good!

I'm starting to think this guy has a real future and it may not be far away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Might as well call him up in a month or two if he contributes to be filthy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Before tonight's game, we've had some decent numbers put up by some of our pitching prospects: (33+ ip)

Britton  72 IP  5-5  3.25  1.31 WHIP Portland

Workman 71.1 6-1  3.53  1.11  Port/Paw

Ranaudo  59.1  6-1  2.43  0.98  Port

Owens     61.0  5-2  2.95  1.10  Salem

Ramirez   41.1  2-1  2.40  1.16 Salem

de la Rosa 38.1 1-0  3.29  1.17 Paw

Rowland-Smith 35.2  3-0  0.76  0.73 Paw

C Martin   34.0  2-1  1.06  0.91  Paw/Port

P Beato    33.1  4-1  1.89  1.17  Paw

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We likely won't see Ranaudo untill next season.  He won't be called up until he can be added to the 40 man roster.  If that were to happen now someone would have to be DFA.  With the 40 man crunch coming plus the fact that Anthony has to be added to the 40 man by next year or he would be taken in he rule 5 I'm sure the Sox plan on trading some guys away to make space on the 40.  

By then Anthony may/may not be shut down.  He's battled some injuries over the past several season and only pitched 38 innings last year.  Still he didn't have any extensive surgery last year and I can see I'm getting a spot start in August if it lines up right with a possibility to contribute down the playoff stretch in the pen.  Workman might be another guy who falls into that category.

I remember Ranaudo was my binky back in 2011 but last year was so disappointing.  His bounce back this year has definitely been a large contributing factor to the pitching depth of the system.

All of a sudden the farm system has pitching depth!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think at this point he deserves a shot at the major league level, if buchholz hits the DL, then he should get the call up so we can see if he's ready for the big leagues. he's 23 yrs old so its not like he's super young in prospect years, at the very least call him up to AAA. no point in keeping him in AA. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Barnes being perhaps surpassed by Ranaudo and Britton. Serious logjam developing , and I believe Britton out of options next year, so his time to show something is NOW. Agree Ranaudo probably on schedule for August 2014 cup of coffee, unless dazzles in ST next year.

Love Owens's potential but as get old(er) I no longer really pay a lot of attention until they pitch in AA.

We actually have a surplus of pitching prospects should Ben C. attempt some big deadline moves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Nice posts, you guys....great information.

After cruising other threads, it's refreshing to come here are read posts that are intelligent and informative.

ctredsox, your theory on Ranaudo certainly makes sense.  And, it will be interesting to see what happens at the trade deadline.

I've been a Sox fan before the continents separated and can't ever remember a time when we had so much pitching talent on the farm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Barnes being perhaps surpassed by Ranaudo and Britton. Serious logjam developing , and I believe Britton out of options next year, so his time to show something is NOW. Agree Ranaudo probably on schedule for August 2014 cup of coffee, unless dazzles in ST next year.

Love Owens's potential but as get old(er) I no longer really pay a lot of attention until they pitch in AA.

We actually have a surplus of pitching prospects should Ben C. attempt some big deadline moves.

Ranaudo may be up this year. Anybody is worth trying over Doubront.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ranaudo actually went 7 2/3 allowing 2 hits, no runs, 1 walk, and 13 K's and he picked up his 7th win. That my friends is the stuff you want from your Ace! Not 7 walks!!!! Lester has been putrid at best for his last 5 starts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt he gets a look even in September, but if we get some injuries, maybe so.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We certainly need some help in our rotation. Buchholz has been great , but his durability is in question. Lester has tailed off in a big way. Lackey has been decent, but can we really count on him ?   Dempster and Doubront have not been very impressive.  Maybe Ranaudo can provide the needed help. The pen is being over used. To continue to stay on top , we need better starting pitching. Why not move Ranaudo to AAA and see if he looks MLB ready ?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Anthony Ranaudo should be called up in the double header as it won't hurt the team... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

What about Webster / De La Rosa?

Wouldnt you give the chance to the guys who are succeeding in AAA before the guy who is doing well in AAA?

Im not agianst calling him up, just wondering about why we are overlooking Webster / De La Rosa...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

What about Webster / De La Rosa?

Wouldnt you give the chance to the guys who are succeeding in AAA before the guy who is doing well in AAA?

Im not agianst calling him up, just wondering about why we are overlooking Webster / De La Rosa...

Someone from AAA who's start would match up for a spot start or to possibly piggy back will get the call up.  If Ranaudo keeps pitching like this he is going to earn himself a cup of coffee this year but RIGHT NOW he would have to be added to the 40 man and the team isn't just going to lose someone to the 40 man right now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Before tonight's game, we've had some decent numbers put up by some of our pitching prospects: (33+ ip)

Sox4ever

Rowland-smith looks unhittable after the switch to the pen. Very good LHP to have. Martin dominated AA and is adjusting to AAA now. Big kid 6'7 power arm.

We have solid starters and relievers at our disposal right now. This teams depth is what will seperate them from the other teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

Rowland-smith looks unhittable after the switch to the pen. Very good LHP to have. Martin dominated AA and is adjusting to AAA now. Big kid 6'7 power arm.

We have solid starters and relievers at our disposal right now. This teams depth is what will seperate them from the other teams.

[/QUOTE]

yes the farm looks stacked with pitching.  Hopefully the depth gets even stronger when we sign some of our draftees into the system this year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There is no such thing as a surplus of pitching prospects since most of them will be either marginal ML pitchers or not make it at all-especially when our ML club is not exactly excelling in that department right now. In fact, I would like to see even MORE of them in our minor league system. The "you can never have too much pitching" axiom is truer than ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

There is no such thing as a surplus of pitching prospects since most of them will be either marginal ML pitchers or not make it at all-especially when our ML club is not exactly excelling in that department right now. In fact, I would like to see even MORE of them in our minor league system. The "you can never have too much pitching" axiom is truer than ever.

Of course not all of them will pan out, but looking at what we have right now, most of them look very good. I dont think surplus would be the right work because like you said, you can never have enough pitching.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Or perhaps more relevant, what is done with Britton re : being out of options ?  Or the non-high end prospect starters in Pawtucket, like Wright ?

If planning to move Ranaudo up to AAA , and even maybe Barnes ( probably not THIS year...not enough current success in AA ) down the road, suddenly those coveted spots in Pawtucket become needed.

Sections
Shortcuts