Anthony Ranaudo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Anthony Ranaudo

Anyone know what is going on with Ranaudo? I cannot find him on any minor league roster. Is he hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Anthony Ranaudo

I was thinking the same thing today.  He must be injured.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

He's in XST coming back from a groin pull.  He should be reporting to AA in Mid-May

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Looks like Matt Barnes has passed him by as top pitching prospect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Anthony Ranaudo:
    [QUOTE]Looks like Matt Barnes has passed him by as top pitching prospect.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]Barnes pitched a nice game last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Matt Barnes has passed him by as top pitching prospect.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

You can't really make a comparison at this point.  Barnes is doing what he should be doing so far.  He's a 21 year old pitching in low A ball.  He wasn't put there to be challenged, just to learn a 5 day routine.  His numbers don't really mean anything until he gets to Salem in a month or two.  He'll likely get 10 starts in Greeneville before getting the call (same as Ranuado last year).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Although there are apparently unconfirmed sources saying Barnes will be promoted to Salem this week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Barnes' numbers have been so impressive , I think he should be put on the fast track.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Barnes' numbers have been so impressive , I think he should be put on the fast track.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    He was already on the "fast track".  Doesn't matter how fast they want you to move up, you have to start by learning a 5 day routine.  He's still on pace for AA in 2013, same plan he was on going into the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Barnes might have AA in him by August this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Barnes might have AA in him by August this year.
    Posted by Mt200[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if that were the case.  He needs a couple of years to build up innings anyway.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him shut down in August around 140 IP.

Previous high: 116 2/3 IP
    Current season: 26 2/3 IP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Any level of MLB where you can K players in the double digits is impressive. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Any level of MLB where you can K players in the double digits is impressive. 
    Posted by Sully1965[/QUOTE]

True, but that doesn't change the original plan when he was expected to do just that.  Certainly wasn't expected to have a sub-1 ERA after 5 starts, but small samples help with that.  I suspect in a larger sample he'd have an ERA over 1.00 Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Ranaudo : True, but that doesn't change the original plan when he was expected to do just that.  Certainly wasn't expected to have a sub-1 ERA after 5 starts, but small samples help with that.  I suspect in a larger sample he'd have an ERA over 1.00 
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
    The thing I liked when i read an article over the weekend about him was that he established his fastball and worked other pitches off of that. He sounds like a true power pitcher that Sox haven't had since Pedro. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

[QUOTE]Although there are apparently unconfirmed sources saying Barnes will be promoted to Salem this week.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
    Actually I just read where he was promoted this morning and will start in Salem next.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Ranaudo : The thing I liked when i read an article over the weekend about him was that he established his fastball and worked other pitches off of that. He sounds like a true power pitcher that Sox haven't had since Pedro. 

That's fair, but I'm not anointing him anything until he at least faces age appropriate competition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Ranaudo : Actually I just read where he was promoted this morning and will start in Salem next.

This morning certainly counts as "this week".

Wink

I was just going off of a note on Sox Prospects for the unconfirmed source.

Sections
Shortcuts