Anthony Rizzo.378 13HR 53 RBI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Anthony Rizzo.378 13HR 53 RBI

And you've got redsoxfan791 comparing him to Mark Grace just to make it sound like he's an expert.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Re: Anthony Rizzo.378 13HR 53 RBI

Who cares?  We got A-Gon!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Are you going to be starting threads posting Rizzo's stats every 4-5 days all season long?He's gone,get over it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Anthony Rizzo.378 13HR 53 RBI:
    [QUOTE]And you've got redsoxfan791 comparing him to Mark Grace just to make it sound like he's an expert.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

would you feel beter if he compared him to  wily mo

whose hitting 384 14 39

maybe most interesting is rizzo has K 13 more times 

than wily mo........................now that's no small feat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

You have to be careful with PCL stats, as many of the ballparks are at high elevations.  I remember when a lot of Sox fans wanted them to trade for Jeff Clement of the Mariners because he was tearing up the PCL.  A closer look at his stats showed that he was doing it mostly on the road and in particular places like Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.  At home in Tacoma he was below average.  At least at the time I looked them up back then.  And where is he now?  Seriously, I can't find any stats for him this year.   

That being said, Rizzo has hit HRs in Tacoma, Freson and now Iowa, not exacly high altitude areas.  And, he is only 21.  He should have an excellent career.  I hear a lot of people say the Sox got Gonzalez for nothing, but the potential of Kelly and the actual of Rizzo, it wasn't as bad as some think.  Still, I am glad the Sox made the trade.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Rizzo was and continues to be the stud in that group. The one many of us didn't want to trade but the deal probably wouldn't happen without him. If he continues to develop as an opposite field hitter we may want him back someday!

To really make it in San Diego he will benefit a lot from an opposite field stroke. It's really tough to hit it out in RF in San Diego. But when he hits it it generally goes a long way! Right now he generally pulls HR balls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

In Response to Re: Anthony Rizzo.378 13HR 53 RBI:
    [QUOTE]You have to be careful with PCL stats, as many of the ballparks are at high elevations.  I remember when a lot of Sox fans wanted them to trade for Jeff Clement of the Mariners because he was tearing up the PCL.  A closer look at his stats showed that he was doing it mostly on the road and in particular places like Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.  At home in Tacoma he was below average.  At least at the time I looked them up back then.  And where is he now?  Seriously, I can't find any stats for him this year.    That being said, Rizzo has hit HRs in Tacoma, Freson and now Iowa, not exacly high altitude areas.  And, he is only 21.  He should have an excellent career.  I hear a lot of people say the Sox got Gonzalez for nothing, but the potential of Kelly and the actual of Rizzo, it wasn't as bad as some think.  Still, I am glad the Sox made the trade.   
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

Clement is now with the Pirates' organization, trying to recover from microfacture knee surgery.  His career is in doubt and has never done much at the MLB level.  Brandon Wood, formerly of the Angels, is another player whose PCL stats inflated his potential.  I think he's now with Pittsburgh too.  Not that Rizzo is not for real, I think he's going to be a nice player, but you have to take PCL stats with a grain of salt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Thanks, joey.  I knew he was last with the Pirates, I think he came over in the Jack Wilson trade.  I do remember he got injured last year, now that you mention it, but I didn't know the severity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

redsoxfan791 was generous in his comp of Mark Grace, a three-time All Star and four-time Gold Glove winner. As fixsh mentioned, Anthony Rizzo currently gets the benefit of playing in the rarified air of Tucson and other high-elevation PCL venues. Before this season, Rizzo's minor league career OPS barely exceeded the OPS Grace posted in 16 MLB seasons.

I have Rizzo and Casey Kelly in my keeper fantasy league, but I'm shopping Rizzo around while his perceived value is high.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You got to give up talent to get talent.  Gonzo is a stud, if Rizzo develops into one too then good for him, and good for san diego

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Redsoxfan791 is not the only one with MArk Grace comparisons. I read another analyst once saying the same thing. To me though Rizzo has a little more power and probably less average. Of course everyone would be thrilled if he came anywhere near Mark Grace.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Rizzo was the most logical stud to give up in the Gonzo deal as he would have been blocked anyway. I like Anthony Rizzo as a ballplayer, but I really like Adrian Gonzalez. The guy was born to hit at Fenway, and his knack for knocking in baserunners is scary at times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Adrian is on a 140 RBI pace so far. He is everything we expected and if he keeps producing over the life of that contract it will be money well spent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'm not bashing the Red Sox for trading the guy.  I'm happy to see a guy that started with the Red Sox excelling.  I really liked the guy last season and accepted the fact that he was likely gone if it meant bringin in A-Gon... I just remember a long thread between myself and redsoxfan791 who compared him to Mark Grace for no reason but to attempt to sound intelligent.  I know he has yet to play a game in the majors, but this guy is the real deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not bashing the Red Sox for trading the guy.  I'm happy to see a guy that started with the Red Sox excelling.  I really liked the guy last season and accepted the fact that he was likely gone if it meant bringin in A-Gon... I just remember a long thread between myself and redsoxfan791 who compared him to Mark Grace for no reason but to attempt to sound intelligent.  I know he has yet to play a game in the majors, but this guy is the real deal.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]He is. The Padres are going to like what he brings to the table. They'll like Kelly a lot in a couple of years too. The point of the trade though, is that Adrian Gonzalez is the ideal hitter for Fenway Park right now. That's why Theo gave up the talent he did. And make no mistake, Theo gave up some talent to bring Gonzo to Fenway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Rizzo.378 13HR 53 RBI : He is. The Padres are going to like what he brings to the table. They'll like Kelly a lot in a couple of years too. The point of the trade though, is that Adrian Gonzalez is the ideal hitter for Fenway Park right now. That's why Theo gave up the talent he did. And make no mistake, Theo gave up some talent to bring Gonzo to Fenway.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Yup and as of right now.  The Sox are happy and the Padres SHOULD be happy.  Time will tell whether the prospects the Sox gave up will cash in at the Major League level but all accounts say they will (as of right now).

Sections
Shortcuts