Any chance the sox are planning this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Any chance the sox are planning this

What are the chances Boston is planning on signing Greinke and Sanchez , pairing them with Lester Buchholz and lackey.  This staff should be pretty dam tough, if Lester can turn it around.  I think with the current lineup they could compete with anyone 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Any chance the sox are planning this

No reason to replace Doubront.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I'd say the chances are 0 - .99%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree.  I just fiigured he was the most trade- able starter and lackey is unable able

Btw I hope this is not the plan.  I think trade Ellsbury for Lee and sign Hamilton for 4 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

In response to craig2174's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree.  I just fiigured he was the most trade- able starter and lackey is unable able

Btw I hope this is not the plan.  I think trade Ellsbury for Lee and sign Hamilton for 4 years

[/QUOTE]

Then however we are back to being financially strapped. Lets assume the Dodgers eat 8 million in the Lee deal and we pay say 18 - 20 million a year. We give Hamilton 25 Million for 4 years thats 100 Million. 39 + 39 + 100 + 100= 278 Million Dollars. (That's the total ammounts of Victirino's, Lee's, Hamiltons, and Napoli's contracts all added up together.) We would succesfully have spent all 250 Million free'd up in the dodgers trade and then some and once again be financially strapped for cash. I don't think that would be a smart way to spent the money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CougarLover16. Show CougarLover16's posts

Well now we know Hamilton's not coming. I like Victorino and Napoli. I say go get one of Anibal Sanchez or Shaun Marcum. Go sign a guy like Mike Adams. People think that Bogaerts and Bradley are going to be ready in the snap of a finger, but it takes time for players to develop. I like Farell and pretty much every move they've made so far. This line up is pretty good and I think people forget that. It's the rotation that needs work. They really only need 1 pitcher, but we want it to be a good pitcher. Not a waiver wire pickup or a last minute reckless signing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craig2174's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then however we are back to being financially strapped. Lets assume the Dodgers eat 8 million in the Lee deal and we pay say 18 - 20 million a year. We give Hamilton 25 Million for 4 years thats 100 Million. 39 + 39 + 100 + 100= 278 Million Dollars. (That's the total ammounts of Victirino's, Lee's, Hamiltons, and Napoli's contracts all added up together.) We would succesfully have spent all 250 Million free'd up in the dodgers trade and then some and once again be financially strapped for cash. I don't think that would be a smart way to spent the money.

[/QUOTE]

True but strapped for two or three years is different than 7.  We also fill more needs Ace great middle or bat and CF. RF  1b 4 th outfielder  back up catcher 

Sections
Shortcuts