Any chance Tx would bite on CC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Any chance Tx would bite on CC?

my feeling is that the Sox "chemistry" would improve tenfold if Crawford and Beckett were packaged back to their home state. It seems the Rangers are not interested in resigning Hamilton. Anyone think something could be done there? Yeah, there would have to be some huge financial concessions to the Rangers (taking on one of their bad contracts) but I'd love to see Josh take over Yaz's spot in front of the wall.
    And yes, I am aware CC is injured and overpaid, that is why I said 'concessions'.
    Replacing Beckett??? Dice, Oswalt, Aviles, Cook, etc. The dude is just bad mojo at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Any chance Tx would bite on CC?

File this one under : WISHFUL THINKING

I think if Cherrybomb is going to trade he should have his sights set on acquiring pitching , not trading it away.

I'm no big fan of Beckett, but who replaces him in the rotation if he's traded? The ones you mention are no serious upgrade. So why eat the money and lose anyway?

Josh is overpaid and a lousy excuse for an ace, but there isn't that much real good pitching avaiable out there to replace him with.

Better off crossing our fingers and hoping for a half decent Josh Beckett, 'cause I doubt you'll ever see the 2007 Beckett again....and Texas wouldn't expect it either.

You seldom see "blockbuster" trades in sports anymore. Most of the top names have no-trade clauses. I don't know if Crawford and Beckett do, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Crawford has to be a tough sell , right now. Doubt anyone would gamble on him. His value is as low as it's ever been. I'd stick with him, though. This guy may come back with a vengeance just to prove all the naysayers wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Any chance Tx would bite on CC?:
    [QUOTE]my feeling is that the Sox "chemistry" would improve tenfold if Crawford and Beckett were packaged back to their home state. It seems the Rangers are not interested in resigning Hamilton. Anyone think something could be done there? Yeah, there would have to be some huge financial concessions to the Rangers (taking on one of their bad contracts) but I'd love to see Josh take over Yaz's spot in front of the wall. And yes, I am aware CC is injured and overpaid, that is why I said 'concessions'. Replacing Beckett??? Dice, Oswalt, Aviles, Cook, etc. The dude is just bad mojo at this point.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Rangers are the contending team and they are the best one so far.  Why would they let go of thier best hitter and take injured plus bad contract CC and Beckett? I don't think it's helping their team in any way... They will hang up the phone as soon as they hear the names CC and Beckett...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is a joke if Texas want to give up on Josh if the team are one of the best in the MLB.

Josh stated that he wanted to be a Rangers for life!!  But Rangers rather to wait and see how Josh do in the first half of the season, and try to figure out how much they want to pay him.   Rangers could offer him a contract extension sometime in the middle of the season.  If Josh reject it, then I am sure that the Rangers will wait after the season is over!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance Tx would bite on CC?:
    [QUOTE]That is a joke if Texas want to give up on Josh if the team are one of the best in the MLB. Josh stated that he wanted to be a Rangers for life!!  But Rangers rather to wait and see how Josh do in the first half of the season, and try to figure out how much they want to pay him.   Rangers could offer him a contract extension sometime in the middle of the season.  If Josh reject it, then I am sure that the Rangers will wait after the season is over!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]Personally I think the Rangers wait and see is all about the fact that Hamilton's past struggles with addiction scare them in terms of paying the kind of money he will be due based on his on the field performance.

Still how does that inspire them to take on the Crawford deal?

Everybody keeps focusing on "chemistry" when the problem has been the quality and depth of the RS pitching. And FWIW, Beckett has been pretty solid after his debacle in the opner in Detroit.

As for Crawford, the RS might as well hold their cards right now and see if they can recover anything from this contract because right now the return in trade would be marginal and the team taking CC would want the RS to pay about 75% of the balance of the contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am open to any trade that rids us of these 2 but Hamilton is with the Rangers this year as they have the best chance to win it all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any chance Tx would bite on CC? : Personally I think the Rangers wait and see is all about the fact that Hamilton's past struggles with addiction scare them in terms of paying the kind of money he will be due based on his on the field performance. Still how does that inspire them to take on the Crawford deal? Everybody keeps focusing on "chemistry" when the problem has been the quality and depth of the RS pitching. And FWIW, Beckett has been pretty solid after his debacle in the opner in Detroit. As for Crawford, the RS might as well hold their cards right now and see if they can recover anything from this contract because right now the return in trade would be marginal and the team taking CC would want the RS to pay about 75% of the balance of the contract.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

You re right!

Best solution is to wait until Crawford to come off of the DL, and hopefully he can have a good second half season.  If not, that is going to be a troublesome decision for the Red Sox organization due Crawford will have 5 more years left in his contract.  

Since Crawford is on DL, I am not going to worry about him for a while.  Just concentrate the team that they have now.  Hopefully the Sox can keep winning games before few people finally come off of the DL such as Ellsbury, Dice K, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Do the Sox have insurance on this clown and if so, how does that work?  Just a cash reimbursement?  With no effect on the Luxury Tax?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If you were Texas would you bite on CC? Why?

How about Alex Rios and Gavin Floyd plus cash for CC, Brentz, Gomez and Bard?

I don't know any team that would take CC wiyhout the Sox eating 1/3 to 1/2 his salary...

I like trade talk--I like Moneyball--let's make a deal... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Do the Sox have insurance on this clown and if so, how does that work?  Just a cash reimbursement?  With no effect on the Luxury Tax?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Correct on both counts I believe.

Because of CC's age and prior history I am sure insuring the contract for injury was not an issue. But the CBA does not allow for CBT relief in the case of injury or the RS would have had about $16M to use to replace Lackey in the roster for 2012. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

A rabid dog wouldn't even bite on CC. This is worse than even Lugo, Drew, and Clement combined, not to mention Wily Mo and Gagne.

And, IMO, Crawford will not play a single game this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]A rabid dog wouldn't even bite on CC. This is worse than even Lugo, Drew, and Clement combined, not to mention Wily Mo and Gagne. And, IMO, Crawford will not play a single game this year.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]I don't disagree that this contract has the potential to be an epic problem. But Gagne? It was an expiring contract for modest money picked up at the dealine that didn't work out and WilyMo was peanuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]A rabid dog wouldn't even bite on CC. This is worse than even Lugo, Drew, and Clement combined, not to mention Wily Mo and Gagne. And, IMO, Crawford will not play a single game this year.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He'll probably have surgery in July and be out most of 2013 as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any chance Tx would bite on CC? : I don't disagree that this contract has the potential to be an epic problem. But Gagne? It was an expiring contract for modest money picked up at the dealine that didn't work out and WilyMo was peanuts.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

We traded Arroyo for Pena, didn't we?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Any chance Tx would bite on CC?:
    [QUOTE]my feeling is that the Sox "chemistry" would improve tenfold if Crawford and Beckett were packaged back to their home state. It seems the Rangers are not interested in resigning Hamilton. Anyone think something could be done there? Yeah, there would have to be some huge financial concessions to the Rangers (taking on one of their bad contracts) but I'd love to see Josh take over Yaz's spot in front of the wall. And yes, I am aware CC is injured and overpaid, that is why I said 'concessions'. Replacing Beckett??? Dice, Oswalt, Aviles, Cook, etc. The dude is just bad mojo at this point.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

My feeling is that you don't know the first thing about MLB. 

What chemistry are you talking about?  

The Sox have just won 4 in a row on the road. CC has spent most of this month in Florida. Beckett starts every 5th game, period.  He may get mad at the umpire now and then, but I've yet to see him go after a teammate.  Beckett was the main man on the 2007 staff that won the WS, just as he had done earlier with the Marlins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any chance Tx would bite on CC? : We traded Arroyo for Pena, didn't we?
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]I am not saying it was a good trade but it wasn't an epic mistake either. It was like you were just dumping on every transaction that did not turn out well and so far the CC deal is in different world than the others IMHO. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Im still not gonna give up CC he deserves another chance to prove himself. He may be not worth all 142 mil but i still believe he can be a dynamic part of our team when healthy and comfortable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teamguy. Show teamguy's posts

Any way you slice it, there's no way to recover from the amount of money invested in CC.  They have to eat a huge loss on this.  No reason to involve Beckett in a 3 or more player trade.

Wait until CC recovers, if he ever does.  Then, if you're lucky, maybe someone will bite on what he is 'worth' minus an 'insurance' discount. So, Boston eats at least 100M on this contract even if he's playing and playing well, imo.

Sometimes you just have to take those lumps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

No other team will be interested in Crawford. Too many years left on his contract. We are stuck with him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think the Rangers are trying to win a WS not go down the tubes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Rangers are trying to win a WS not go down the tubes.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  Josh Hamilton is one of my favorite MLB players.  Why would Texas want to trade him for Crawford who may not play for the rest of the season? 

Sections
Shortcuts