And your boring comments are old too...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Any idea of how Papi is doing?

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

zac: keep it up and kim will start crying again

keep up the good work :)

You want to see crying? Put a post like that on a Yankee board with one of their players in it. That's probably why they don't have Sox fans there doing that. You can laugh about it, but Zac's the one who's laughing the most.

I'm just waiting for someone to tell me where the Yankee board is where they have Sox posters insulting their players while the Yankee fans enjoy it. Or better yet, where they've made space for the Sox posters to have their own board on their site. I believe alot of Sox boards have done that for Yankee fans, but I don't believe Yankees fans have done the same. You know why? Because Sox fans don't occupy Yankee boards. Who's your daddy?

Let's talk about electronic umpires.

i'm sorry, i don't get the relevance..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

You want to see crying? Put a post like that on a Yankee board with one of their players in it. That's probably why they don't have Sox fans there doing that. You can laugh about it, but Zac's the one who's laughing the most.

I'm just waiting for someone to tell me where the Yankee board is where they have Sox posters insulting their players while the Yankee fans enjoy it. Or better yet, where they've made space for the Sox posters to have their own board on their site. I believe alot of Sox boards have done that for Yankee fans, but I don't believe Yankees fans have done the same. You know why? Because Sox fans don't occupy Yankee boards. Who's your daddy?

Kim is an advocate for electronic umpiring, sine Mo Rivera gets all the calls......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

2nd hand news says

he has been seen running regularity

Any A-rod updates?
     Hitting on any nurses?

Wow. ARod hitting on nurses. What a negative post about ARod! Out of all the things you could possibly say about ARod. LMAO It's unbelievable you're still trying to pretend you're a Sox fan with your lame posts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

the only reason zac (or any of us for that matter) are laughing is because of you. You freak out anytime anyone pokes fun at the red sox. Develop a sense of humor, shrug it off and get the hell over it. You act extremely childish about this whole "yankee epidemic". Many Sox fans here enjoy the rival fans who come to this forum. you know why? because unlike you, they can hold their own in a baseball debate. Thats why your so quick to go off topic with your troll/yankee rants because you'd drown if you tried to debate about baseball. don't believe me? try it.

Hill is a Seattle fan, i don't see you get on his back for being on a different teams forum. Maybe you just have a crush on Zac and telling him to get out is your twisted way of saying "I LOVE YOU"

Guess you can't name ANY Yankee board where Sox fans are doing what Zac does here OR where they have a Sox board for Sox fans on a Yankee site. You know why? Because they don't exist. It's completely abnormal on any team board. Doesn't matter if you like it, other boards will tell you I'm right and you're wrong.

And I've never seen Hill put up insulting pics of Sox players or Sox fans. And I have questioned some of his negative posts/threads -- mostly about our prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Zac's ice cream post made me laugh. Triumph's nurse response made me laugh.  They probably laughed at each other's posts.  What is the problem?

i did the same thing.

And you two deserve each other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's called modern technology, O'Yankee pal of mine. If the entire world can watch a game and see whether or not it was a ball or strike, or whether or not a play was decided correctly a second after it happened, MLB needs to catch up. You just have to wonder whether they like having personal influence on game decisions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

When you win 69 games it is well deserved. Win another WS and RS fans don't have to worry about it so much. But quite honestly if I were a Yankee fan I'd be worrying about my own team. To date have gotten nothing done this off season other than sign Youk, Jeter coming back from broken ankle @ 38; Arod will be lucky to get back; Mo coming back from ACL tear @ 40; Pettite was hurt last year and getting older; CC had spurs taken out of his elbow and definately hasn't lost any weight to protect those knees; Kuroda @ 38 going to have another big year? The Yanks have there own problems. It could be the Yankees year to take a big fall.

FTR the encampment is here whether we win 100 games or 69 games. They're lifers. Most of them don't even post on Yankee boards which completely makes no sense to me. Can you imagine just spending your time on a Yankee board discussing their team? Probably not. Like I said, nothing about this is normal.

But l love the rest of your post, Gary. Nothing like that has even been mentioned here. It's true. What's so great about their team? Thanks for having the nerve to post that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

He's old, that's how he is doing.

He's home counting his millions while losers call him old....

LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to rickerd2's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Zac's ice cream post made me laugh. Triumph's nurse response made me laugh.  They probably laughed at each other's posts.  What is the problem?

i did the same thing.

Me too.  I really enjoy the good-natured dissing from fans of other teams.  If I had more time, I would get to a Yankees site and be sarcastic and poke at the team there.  I can always identify weaknesses the Sox have, too, as I know that every team has issues here and there.

These sites make following baseball fun.  I just ignore the truly mean-spirited comments and posts, but relish the fun perspectives of some posters who support the pin stripers.  Sometimes other teams' fans can offer true perspective that we Sox fans are blind to.

And you would be thrown right off that Yankee board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim is an advocate for electronic umpiring, sine Mo Rivera gets all the calls......

.....outside the plate. That's a fact. It's he's go-to pitch when he needs a strike, and they give it to him all the time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to rickerd2 's comment:

Me too.  I really enjoy the good-natured dissing from fans of other teams.  If I had more time, I would get to a Yankees site and be sarcastic and poke at the team there.  I can always identify weaknesses the Sox have, too, as I know that every team has issues here and there.

These sites make following baseball fun.  I just ignore the truly mean-spirited comments and posts, but relish the fun perspectives of some posters who support the pin stripers.  Sometimes other teams' fans can offer true perspective that we Sox fans are blind to.

way 2 B rickerd2

Sometimes other teams' fans can offer true perspective that we Sox fans are blind to.

plus, 4 me at least, hearing other teams' fans saying something good about my team

feels better than hearing 6 fans from my team saying the same thing

speaking of which

when was the last time you heard a MFY fan being envious of a sox BP

sorry guys that was just an example ;-)

[/QUOTE]

You mean you wouldn't just leave, if Sox fans made too many disparaging remarks about the Yankees?

Good to hear you can take it, as well as dish it out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

.....outside the plate. That's a fact. It's he's go-to pitch when he needs a strike, and they give it to him all the time.

This is true.  An older study showed that Mariano received 13% more strike calls outside of the zone than an average pitcher. 

A more recent study showed that Mariano gets a fairly significant number (1.61 standard deviations above the mean) of extra strikes called outside of the zone.   He is 3rd on the list of "wide strike zone" pitchers behind Livan Hernandez and Brian Wilson.

Judging by the names on the list, we unfortunately cannot say that this extra wide strike zone is a result of some Yankee conspiracy.

As far as using electronic devices to call balls/strikes, I am 100% against it.  For that matter, I am 100% against instant replay of of any kind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

This is true.  An older study showed that Mariano received 13% more strike calls outside of the zone than an average pitcher. 

A more recent study showed that Mariano gets a fairly significant number (1.61 standard deviations above the mean) of extra strikes called outside of the zone.   He is 3rd on the list of "wide strike zone" pitchers behind Livan Hernandez and Brian Wilson.

Judging by the names on the list, we unfortunately cannot say that this extra wide strike zone is a result of some Yankee conspiracy.

As far as using electronic devices to call balls/strikes, I am 100% against it.  For that matter, I am 100% against instant replay of of any kind.

That IS unfortunate. LOL

Good research.

I disagree about the replay though.

I don't have a problem with the way MLB uses it now.

If the umps are in a bad spot or simply too far away to make an accurate call, replay can help.

Calls around the bases and ball and strikes should be off limits.

If anything, the umps need more training and or practice getting those calls right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

That IS unfortunate. LOL

Good research.

I disagree about the replay though.

I don't have a problem with the way MLB uses it now.

If the umps are in a bad spot or simply too far away to make an accurate call, replay can help.

Calls around the bases and ball and strikes should be off limits.

If anything, the umps need more training and or practice getting those calls right.

LOL  I'm sure we could come up with another conspiracy theory against the Yankees, if we really try.  Personally, I think they encode subliminal messages in their pinstripes.   ;-)

One of the main reasons that I am against replay is that I don't see how an incorrect HR call is any more important than an incorrect ball/strike call.  An incorrect ball/strike call can impact a game as much as any other incorrect call.  Therefore, I don't see how it's fair to use replay for one type of play and not for every other type of disputed call, and I certainly don't want to see the game get to the point where replay is used for balls and strikes.

IMO, the umpires need to be held to a higher standard.  Sure, there are always going to be mistakes - that's part of the game.  But if an ump is constantly making bad calls, he needs to be replaced with someone who will do a better job. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I don't get it

Nice avatar Zac.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Wow. ARod hitting on nurses. What a negative post about ARod! Out of all the things you could possibly say about ARod. LMAO It's unbelievable you're still trying to pretend you're a Sox fan with your lame posts.

I don't get it

how can arod hitting on a nurse possibly be a negative thing

I mean other than him striking out again

An example of yet another lame

kimsaythis post

And I believe most men would take hitting on nurses as a compliment. Certainly not that he's fat and eating ice cream cones. The guy is an admitted steroid user, and he cheats in many other ways in baseball as well -- like smacking balls out of gloves, and yelling "mine" while running the bases. He also completely chokes in the postseason. I doubt he cares that anyone would say he's after nurses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Thanks for taking the time to research that. It's actually something I've known not because I read about it, but because I've watched alot of 9th innings in Yankee games and saw him do it myself over and over. I'm amazed they even keep track of it.

It has felt that anyone who plays the Yankees really only has eight innings to score in, since Mariano usually shuts down the 9th. I don't believe he would be as bullet proof as he always appeared to be if he didn't have that go-to pitch they allowed him to have. If his pitches were called outside when they were outside he would walk alot more players as well as having more hits against him since he'd have to throw it over the plate. It completely changes the game, and he knows he has that and uses it every time he needs it.

As far as it not being a conspiracy, the Yankees love their heroes and their legends. There probably isn't anything they wouldn't do to keep that mystique going. And don't think MLB doesn't love that mystique as well. FTR the other two pitchers aren't even in the American League. Could just be them evening it out a bit without actually affecting any team that plays the Yankees.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR balls and strikes don't have to be part of replays. I mean c'mon, jump into the future it's all around you. Like I've said, if you can see whether or not it is ACTUALLY a ball or strike a second after it thrown, I don't need some idiot behind the plate to give his OPINION of what he thought it was. Wrong calls can be so damaging in a game. There's clearly something wrong with that since the people making the calls actually do that for a living. It's not some guy they just took out of the stands to make the calls. There should be no excuse for really bad calls. And if you're making really bad calls, you should find another profession. And the decision should not be up to you. You should be taken out of the game and replaced.

But I still believe modern technology that is readily available should be used to make sure the right call is made.

25. This post has been removed.