Any idea of how Papi is doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Any idea of how Papi is doing?

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

That IS unfortunate. LOL

Good research.

I disagree about the replay though.

I don't have a problem with the way MLB uses it now.

If the umps are in a bad spot or simply too far away to make an accurate call, replay can help.

Calls around the bases and ball and strikes should be off limits.

If anything, the umps need more training and or practice getting those calls right.

LOL  I'm sure we could come up with another conspiracy theory against the Yankees, if we really try.  Personally, I think they encode subliminal messages in their pinstripes.   ;-)

One of the main reasons that I am against replay is that I don't see how an incorrect HR call is any more important than an incorrect ball/strike call.  An incorrect ball/strike call can impact a game as much as any other incorrect call.  Therefore, I don't see how it's fair to use replay for one type of play and not for every other type of disputed call, and I certainly don't want to see the game get to the point where replay is used for balls and strikes.

IMO, the umpires need to be held to a higher standard.  Sure, there are always going to be mistakes - that's part of the game.  But if an ump is constantly making bad calls, he needs to be replaced with someone who will do a better job. 

I agree that mistakes are part of the game.

Which is why I don't advocate replays for baserunning calls, or ball and strikes.

Part of the fun of the game is cursing the ump for blowing a call. lol

But, in cases of a HR or foul call, the umps can't always be in a position get the call right.

It's tought to tell if a line drive hit above or below the HR line, particularly if it's 30 ft up a wall.

Heck, even the cameras have trouble with some of those.

I have no problem with helping the umps with that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

FTR balls and strikes don't have to be part of replays. I mean c'mon, jump into the future it's all around you. Like I've said, if you can see whether or not it is ACTUALLY a ball or strike a second after it thrown, I don't need some idiot behind the plate to give his OPINION of what he thought it was. Wrong calls can be so damaging in a game. There's clearly something wrong with that since the people making the calls actually do that for a living. It's not some guy they just took out of the stands to make the calls. There should be no excuse for really bad calls. And if you're making really bad calls, you should find another profession. And the decision should not be up to you. You should be taken out of the game and replaced.

But I still believe modern technology that is readily available should be used to make sure the right call is made.

You could use some electro shock therapy.

Way to add to the discussion...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

That IS unfortunate. LOL

Good research.

I disagree about the replay though.

I don't have a problem with the way MLB uses it now.

If the umps are in a bad spot or simply too far away to make an accurate call, replay can help.

Calls around the bases and ball and strikes should be off limits.

If anything, the umps need more training and or practice getting those calls right.

LOL  I'm sure we could come up with another conspiracy theory against the Yankees, if we really try.  Personally, I think they encode subliminal messages in their pinstripes.   ;-)

One of the main reasons that I am against replay is that I don't see how an incorrect HR call is any more important than an incorrect ball/strike call.  An incorrect ball/strike call can impact a game as much as any other incorrect call.  Therefore, I don't see how it's fair to use replay for one type of play and not for every other type of disputed call, and I certainly don't want to see the game get to the point where replay is used for balls and strikes.

IMO, the umpires need to be held to a higher standard.  Sure, there are always going to be mistakes - that's part of the game.  But if an ump is constantly making bad calls, he needs to be replaced with someone who will do a better job. 

I agree that mistakes are part of the game.

Which is why I don't advocate replays for baserunning calls, or ball and strikes.

Part of the fun of the game is cursing the ump for blowing a call. lol

But, in cases of a HR or foul call, the umps can't always be in a position get the call right.

It's tought to tell if a line drive hit above or below the HR line, particularly if it's 30 ft up a wall.

Heck, even the cameras have trouble with some of those.

I have no problem with helping the umps with that.

i think replay should also be used for baserunning calls too. How often do you see a baserunner dead to rights and slide around the tag and still be called out because the fielder had the ball when the runner was 3 strides away from the base? surely not everyday but when it does happen it is often a game changer. You go from having a RISP to an extra out. hardly seems fair and would be easy to figure out the correct call.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

2nd hand news says

he has been seen running regularity

Any A-rod updates?
     Hitting on any nurses?

Arod hitting on any nurses? are you bombed? don't you know who Arods girlfriend is. I suggest you google Torrie Wilson...............and try not to drool on your keyboard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Arod hitting on any nurses? are you bombed? don't you know who Arods girlfriend is. I suggest you google Torrie Wilson...............and try not to drool on your keyboard.

She's much better than the scary looking nurse in the previous posts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[/QUOTE]Sox don't know it yet, but the 37-42 year old "BIG PAPI" IS DONE, COOKED, OVAAA !!!!   As DAD would say........   "SON, AS THE HEEL GOES, SO GO YOU"  !!

[/QUOTE]

guess not

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rickerd2's comment:

[QUOTE]

Will he be ready for ST?  Lineup really needs his stick.....

[/QUOTE]Sox don't know it yet, but the 37-42 year old "BIG PAPI" IS DONE, COOKED, OVAAA !!!!   As DAD would say........   "SON, AS THE HEEL GOES, SO GO YOU"  !!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You need a life.

cluck cluck cluck

[/QUOTE]

your fake wife and kids are calling you

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

He's old, that's how he is doing.

I hope all our players age like Papi!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard that he was on his way to St. LOUIE, LOUIE !!!!!    Go PAPI, make us proud !!!