Any interest in Jake Peavy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Any interest in Jake Peavy?

If so, what do you think the price would be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Re: Any interest in Jake Peavy?

Hopefully for some type of prospect that won't even bee with the Sox. I have always liked Peavy but not sure what it would cost to get him.

View Image

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

If so, what do you think the price would be?

It sounds like they preferred Peavy over Garza all along.  My guess is it would take a little less of a package than the Cubs received for Garza.  Buchholz won't be back for at least a few weeks, so they will likely be very interested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

If we picked up 100% of his contract, what else would it take?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

If we picked up 100% of his contract, what else would it take?

His contract is pretty reasonable.  He's the best starter left on the market, so the White Sox will likely receive something similar to what the Cubs received for Garza (slightly less).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ranaudo, Almanzar, de la Cruz and Lavarnway

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to notin's comment:

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

i'd pull the trigger on that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to notin's comment:

-Shel Silverstein

Seems pretty reasonable, but I don't think they'd move Lavarnway right now with Salty hitting the  mid-summer wall pretty hard and the Ross situation up in the air (Mid August earliest return).They can obviously get another catcher, but I'd be surprised if Lavarnway was included.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Starter is their obvious weakness, but if you do not include one of their starting 5 going the other way what do you do with them?  Lester in the pen?  Doubie, lackey, and dempster are doing fine.  Buch is the ace IF AND WHEN healthy.  Lester is the weak link this year.  You bring in a peavy you almost have to bull pen Lester if buch is healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ok.  Remove Lavarnway and add someone like Kukok.

-Shel Silverstein

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Peavy has been oft injured the last few years. He's a huge risk and he's just back from the DL. Given his salary, I wouldn't give up much for him.  I wouldn't go near him. Too much of a risk, both from losing the prospects to paying his salary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wouldn't mind Peavy or Gallardo. Although Gallardo is having a pretty subpar season.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

No way concerning Peavy. Sox need a closer and another BP pitcher. They should go after K-rod and Crain.

K-rod going to Baltimore.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Running out of options?  There will be several more relievers dealt in the next 8 days....

-Shel Silverstein

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If the Angels become "sellers" then I hope the Red Sox can get Scott Downs (if the price is right).  He is a lefty and has experience with the AL East (former Blue Jay).  

Admit Angel fans, your team is a "seller"!!!   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Ranaudo will probably be better than peavy in two years, not sure I'd move him in that deal. This team certainly needs reinforcements though if they plan to contend. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

Ranaudo will probably be better than peavy in two years, not sure I'd move him in that deal. This team certainly needs reinforcements though if they plan to contend. 

Maybe, but honestly, what do we really expect from Ranaudo?  I wonder if this is a sell-high opportunity for a pitcher who has had trouble staying healthy himself.

The Sox also do need a reliever, but the going rate for relievers this month appears to be one A-ball player.  I would expect the Sox can land one by only giving up on of their 40-man roster crunch guys, like de la Cruz or Jose Vinicio.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

not a lot of scouts are sold on Ranaudo....some really like him, some think he's a #4 #5 and probably a bullpen guy.  He does have an injury history, and has faltered on the big stage this season when in the national spot light.  If Chicago is one of those teams that is "high" on him....then that is where you might get the most trade value for him.  We have the depth and Peavy is better than what Ranaudo will become (when healthy) But for all we know Ranaudo might be injury ridden as well....I like Ranaudo and would like to think he is closer to a middle of a rotation starter, but I'd pull the trigger on that trade as well.